Skip to content

How to fix header side as boxed

Solved Customisation

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

Related Topics
  • What plugins are being used here on Sudonix?

Solved General
    4 Votes
    4 Posts

@Norrad Are you looking for anything in particular? I only ask because Sudonix uses a number of custom functions which I wrote, but all are available on GitHub and fully supported here.

• Bug Report

Solved Bugs
    26 Votes
    47 Posts
    2k Views

@crazycells Good points, thanks. I completely forgot that classes are added - makes life much simpler!

EDIT - seems this is pretty straightforward, and only needs the below CSS

.upvoted i { color: var(--bs-user-level) !important; }

This then yields

3f072f8a-ebfa-4910-8723-73c493b8e4eb-image.png

However, the caveat here is that the .upvoted class will only show for your upvotes, and nobody else’s. However, this does satisfy the original request

however I would love to see my upvoted posts more clearly, because currently, when I upvote, nothing on the post tool is changing, it would be nicer if there is an indication that I have upvoted (like a filled or colored triangle?)

• Whitespace fixes in Nodebb

Solved Customisation
    7 Votes
    18 Posts

@Panda Just circling back here with something of an update (which I think you’ll like). I’ve completely restructured the ranking system. There are now less ranks, with a higher point threshold to reach them.

More importantly, if you reload the site, you’ll notice that the ranks are now icons.

I also removed the “Author” badge, and made this a single icon, which (to me) looks much better.

• Header Menu After Upgrading V3.1.1

Solved Customisation
    2 Votes
    2 Posts

@cagatay this relates to a change the css classes used for the brand header meaning it will now float to the left instead of right.

If you’d like to retain the original behavior, you can add this css class

[data-widget-area="brand-header"] { justify-content: end; display: flex; }

Further information here

https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17090/manual-build-a-custom-header-in-harmony/19?_=1684069325296

• How to fix size of photos & videos NodeBB

Solved Customisation
    3 Votes
    7 Posts

@crazycells pleasure. Using percentages makes much more sense in this case. It’s the same argument with px vs pt vs em with fonts, margins, padding, etc., in the sense that em is generally preferred over px and pt

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/609517/why-em-instead-of-px

• Forum Statistics Box

Solved Customisation
    4 Votes
    5 Posts

@Sampo2910 said in Forum Statistics Box:

Say i wanted new theme for example or again something like this?

Yes, exactly the same process.

• 11 Votes
    23 Posts
    2k Views

@DownPW No issues. Thanks to the Google Chrome “bug”, it does have some restrictions, but works fine other than that. I have an odd issue where it doesn’t work on Firefox mobile, but works fine on Firefox desktop.

• Adjusting the size of boxes in posts-list class

Solved Customisation
    3 Votes
    3 Posts

@phenomlab thanks a lot, this combination works best 👍

.posts-list .posts-list-item .content { overflow: auto; max-height: 600px; }