Skip to content

NodeBB 1.19.3

Solved Performance
33 2 14.7k 1
  • No nginx conf

    ./nodebb sytart = no error

    ./nodebb log when i access

    2022-02-17T15:26:25.097Z [4567/1884] - error: /
    Error: Login sessions require session support. Did you forget to use `express-session` middleware?
        at SessionStrategy.authenticate (/home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/passport/lib/strategies/session.js:46:41)
        at attempt (/home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/passport/lib/middleware/authenticate.js:369:16)
        at authenticate (/home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/passport/lib/middleware/authenticate.js:370:7)
        at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
        at trim_prefix (/home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:323:13)
        at /home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:284:7
        at Function.process_params (/home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:341:12)
        at next (/home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:275:10)
        at initialize (/home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/passport/lib/middleware/initialize.js:89:5)
        at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
    TypeError: Cannot read property 'startsWith' of undefined
        at Object.getBaseUrl (/home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-emoji/build/lib/base-url.js:7:25)
        at Object.addStylesheet [as method] (/home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-emoji/build/lib/index.js:75:32)
        at fireMethod (/home/nodebb/nodebb/src/plugins/hooks.js:137:25)
        at Object.fireFilterHook [as filter] (/home/nodebb/nodebb/src/plugins/hooks.js:168:18)
        at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5)
        at async Hooks.fire (/home/nodebb/nodebb/src/plugins/hooks.js:105:17)
        at async Promise.all (index 1)
        at async Tags.parse (/home/nodebb/nodebb/src/meta/tags.js:146:18)
        at async renderMethod (/home/nodebb/nodebb/src/middleware/render.js:49:12)
        at async ServerResponse.renderOverride [as render] (/home/nodebb/nodebb/src/middleware/render.js:92:5)
    
  • No nginx conf

    ./nodebb sytart = no error

    ./nodebb log when i access

    2022-02-17T15:26:25.097Z [4567/1884] - error: /
    Error: Login sessions require session support. Did you forget to use `express-session` middleware?
        at SessionStrategy.authenticate (/home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/passport/lib/strategies/session.js:46:41)
        at attempt (/home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/passport/lib/middleware/authenticate.js:369:16)
        at authenticate (/home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/passport/lib/middleware/authenticate.js:370:7)
        at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
        at trim_prefix (/home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:323:13)
        at /home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:284:7
        at Function.process_params (/home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:341:12)
        at next (/home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:275:10)
        at initialize (/home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/passport/lib/middleware/initialize.js:89:5)
        at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
    TypeError: Cannot read property 'startsWith' of undefined
        at Object.getBaseUrl (/home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-emoji/build/lib/base-url.js:7:25)
        at Object.addStylesheet [as method] (/home/nodebb/nodebb/node_modules/nodebb-plugin-emoji/build/lib/index.js:75:32)
        at fireMethod (/home/nodebb/nodebb/src/plugins/hooks.js:137:25)
        at Object.fireFilterHook [as filter] (/home/nodebb/nodebb/src/plugins/hooks.js:168:18)
        at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:95:5)
        at async Hooks.fire (/home/nodebb/nodebb/src/plugins/hooks.js:105:17)
        at async Promise.all (index 1)
        at async Tags.parse (/home/nodebb/nodebb/src/meta/tags.js:146:18)
        at async renderMethod (/home/nodebb/nodebb/src/middleware/render.js:49:12)
        at async ServerResponse.renderOverride [as render] (/home/nodebb/nodebb/src/middleware/render.js:92:5)
    

    @DownPW Potentially dumb question, but why is the path /home/nodebb/nodebb ?

    Also, why are you trying to install the 18.x branch when you should be using 19.x ?

    I see

    cd /home/nodebb
    git clone -b v1.18.x https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB.git nodebb
    cd nodebb
    

    This should be

    cd /home/nodebb
    git clone -b v1.19.x https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB.git nodebb
    cd nodebb
    
  • I have test to install 1.19.x too and i have error too

  • I have test to install 1.19.x too and i have error too

    @DownPW and you are executing ./nodebb setup from the correct directory ?

  • @DownPW and you are executing ./nodebb setup from the correct directory ?

  • I think they really have a problem on the github and coincidentally it’s a plugin on which they had big problems that was in question. (emoji)

  • I think they really have a problem on the github and coincidentally it’s a plugin on which they had big problems that was in question. (emoji)

    @DownPW Looking at the error message, I’d say you’re right.

  • @phenomlab

    here a gif for the problem of perf.
    On a clean install of nodeBB on a clean install server VM

    The problem is just when I refresh the page entierly or ACP access

    alt text

    No problem on 1.18.x or 1.19.2

    very odd

  • @phenomlab

    here a gif for the problem of perf.
    On a clean install of nodeBB on a clean install server VM

    The problem is just when I refresh the page entierly or ACP access

    alt text

    No problem on 1.18.x or 1.19.2

    very odd

    @DownPW Looks like that’s waiting for a response from something. Have you run this site through the F12 developer tools -> Network tab to see where the delay is ?

  • @phenomlab

    Thanks for the tip

    chance 😉

    335905d5-03e1-4f81-83a6-93e5f30d9bfa-image.png

  • @phenomlab

    Thanks for the tip

    chance 😉

    335905d5-03e1-4f81-83a6-93e5f30d9bfa-image.png

    @DownPW 8ms is nothing - less than one second… ?

  • @phenomlab

    you not see at the good place 🙂
    EDIT:

    dcba37d8-db4f-4b8d-93a9-ac883171bebc-image.png

    coincidence? Emoji CSS failed !
    I don’t believe

    I think we put the finger on something

  • @phenomlab

    you not see at the good place 🙂
    EDIT:

    dcba37d8-db4f-4b8d-93a9-ac883171bebc-image.png

    coincidence? Emoji CSS failed !
    I don’t believe

    I think we put the finger on something

    @DownPW Yes, you’re right. For some strange reason, that CSS file is not being served - but should be on your server if you check the path.

  • yes it still here

    EDIT:

    I have remove the directory when I have the problem of install with 1.18.x

    But when I upgrade to 1.19.3, he have reinstalled by default

  • yes it still here

    EDIT:

    I have remove the directory when I have the problem of install with 1.18.x

    But when I upgrade to 1.19.3, he have reinstalled by default

    @DownPW I see this

    a325f036-d5d1-44b8-b583-fd6a913a1b43-image.png

  • @phenomlab on your website ?

  • @phenomlab on your website ?

    @DownPW No - on yours.

  • ha lol ok

  • @phenomlab

    because you are guest maybe because not me

  • test admin:nodebb


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • how to prevent DDoS attacks ?

    Solved Vulnerability ddos nodebb
    34
    17 Votes
    34 Posts
    12k Views
    @phenomlab thank you very much, this was helpful. Everything looks ok
  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • NodeBB socket with CloudFlare

    Solved Performance socket cloudflare nodebb
    24
    3 Votes
    24 Posts
    13k Views
    Solved. Tuto here and here
  • SEO and Nodebb

    Performance nodebb seo
    2
    2 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @Panda It’s the best it’s ever been to be honest. I’ve used a myriad of systems in the past - most notably, WordPress, and then Flarum (which for SEO, was absolutely dire - they never even had SEO out of the box, and relied on a third party extension to do it), and NodeBB easily fares the best - see below example https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asudonix.org&oq=site%3Asudonix.org&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i58j69i60l2.9039j0j3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#ip=1 However, this was not without significant effort on my part once I’d migrated from COM to ORG - see below posts https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17286/google-crawl-error-after-site-migration/17?_=1688461250365 And also https://support.google.com/webmasters/thread/221027803?hl=en&msgid=221464164 It was painful to say the least - as it turns out, there was an issue in NodeBB core that prevented spiders from getting to content, which as far as I understand, is now fixed. SEO in itself is a dark art - a black box that nobody really fully understands, and it’s essentially going to boil down to one thing - “content”. Google’s algorithm for indexing has also changed dramatically over the years. They only now crawl content that has value, so if it believes that your site has nothing to offer, it will simply skip it.
  • build nodebb Warning in entrypoint size limit

    Solved Performance nodebb
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @eeeee they are nothing to worry about, and can be ignored.
  • Optimum config for NodeBB under NGINX

    Performance nginx performance
    4
    3 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @crazycells hi - no security reason, or anything specific in this case. However, the nginx.conf I posted was from my Dev environment which uses this port as a way of not interfering with production. And yes, I use clustering on this site with three instances.
  • what does sound/mute button do?

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    20
    1
    9 Votes
    20 Posts
    5k Views
    @crazycells Yeah, looking at the plugin itself, that’s a hard coded limit [image: 1653494282106-3d6dbc10-185b-4102-9470-0c2731a10750-image.png] I’ll probably remove that… eventually…
  • [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing

    Solved Customisation
    6
    1 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    @jac said in [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing: @phenomlab said in [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing: @jac are you using Custom ? Sure am mate Confirmed Fixed