Skip to content

Block Domain

Solved Let's Build It
26 2 9.8k 1
  • In previous code, i want to add html link to rules page like this :

    html = html.replace(/https?:\/\/(www\.)?francesoir\.fr[^\s]*/g, '<a href="https://XXXXX.XXXXX.XXX/rules">Test</a>');
    

    But i have this on result :

    image.png

    an idea ?

    @DownPW Yes, direct HTML rendering is disabled (as is JS) in the composer so it will be stripped. For this to work, you’d need to enable HTML support in the composer which isn’t recommended for security reasons.

  • too bad I would have liked to be redirected to the necessary page

    ChatGPT doesn’t help on this 😉

  • I have a great code here. I managed to modify the HTTP URL link as well as the link text (description) by modifying them both with a warning message and the URL of my choice for each domain. I am currently redirecting to my checkout page.

    The code also differentiates with text before and after the link and does not take it into account.

    It works :

    • In the topics
    • In the carousel
    • In the previews of the last post in the recent page, unread etc…
    • In Chat

    There are certainly things to improve but I’ll share the code with you here.

    –> This will be my Christmas present 🎅

    If you have any improvements or suggestions, don’t hesitate @phenomlab

    // ------------------------------------------------------------------
    // Block Domain URL on topics & Topic teasers & caroussel topic info
    // ------------------------------------------------------------------
    
    $(document).ready(function () {
      // Function to replace URLs and link text in a given HTML content
      function replaceUrls(html) {
        // Replace the old domain URLs with the new domain URL and update link text
        html = html.replace(/(<a[^>]*href="https?:\/\/(?:www\.)?francesoir\.fr(?:\/[^\s>]*)?"[^>]*>)([^<]*)<\/a>/g, '<a href="https://YOUR_URL_REDIRECTION/rules"><strong>🤖 [Oups. The PW anti fake news system detected a disinformation domain name] 🤖</strong></a>');
        html = html.replace(/(<a[^>]*href="https?:\/\/(?:www\.)?francais\.rt\.com(?:\/[^\s>]*)?"[^>]*>)([^<]*)<\/a>/g, '<a href="https://YOUR_URL_REDIRECTION/rules"><strong>🤖 [Oups. The PW anti fake news system detected a domain name of disinformation and propaganda] 🤖</strong></a>');
        html = html.replace(/(<a[^>]*href="https?:\/\/(?:www\.)?fr\.sputniknews\.africa(?:\/[^\s>]*)?"[^>]*>)([^<]*)<\/a>/g, '<a href="https://YOUR_URL_REDIRECTION/rules"><strong>🤖 [Oups. The PW anti fake news system detected a domain name of disinformation and propaganda] 🤖</strong></a>');
        html = html.replace(/(<a[^>]*href="https?:\/\/(?:www\.)?lecourrierdesstrateges\.fr(?:\/[^\s>]*)?"[^>]*>)([^<]*)<\/a>/g, '<a href="https://YOUR_URL_REDIRECTION/rules"><strong>🤖 [Oups. The PW anti fake news system detected a disinformation domain name] 🤖</strong></a>');
        html = html.replace(/(<a[^>]*href="https?:\/\/(?:www\.)?lelibrepenseur\.org(?:\/[^\s>]*)?"[^>]*>)([^<]*)<\/a>/g, '<a href="https://YOUR_URL_REDIRECTION/rules"><strong>🤖 [Oups. The PW anti fake news system detected a disinformation domain name] 🤖</strong></a>');
        html = html.replace(/(<a[^>]*href="https?:\/\/(?:www\.)?lesmoutonsenrages\.fr(?:\/[^\s>]*)?"[^>]*>)([^<]*)<\/a>/g, '<a href="https://YOUR_URL_REDIRECTION/rules"><strong>🤖 [Oups. The anti fake news system detected a domain name spreading hate speech and anti-Semitic comments] 🤖</strong></a>');
        html = html.replace(/(<a[^>]*href="https?:\/\/(?:www\.)?upr\.fr(?:\/[^\s>]*)?"[^>]*>)([^<]*)<\/a>/g, '<a href="https://YOUR_URL_REDIRECTION/rules"><strong>🤖 [Oups. The PW anti fake news system detected a disinformation domain name] 🤖</strong></a>');
        html = html.replace(/(<a[^>]*href="https?:\/\/(?:www\.)?lecourrier-du-soir\.com(?:\/[^\s>]*)?"[^>]*>)([^<]*)<\/a>/g, '<a href="https://YOUR_URL_REDIRECTION/rules"><strong>🤖 [Oups. The PW anti fake news system detected a disinformation domain name] 🤖</strong></a>');
        html = html.replace(/(<a[^>]*href="https?:\/\/(?:www\.)?fdesouche\.com(?:\/[^\s>]*)?"[^>]*>)([^<]*)<\/a>/g, '<a href="https://YOUR_URL_REDIRECTION/rules"><strong>🤖 [Oups. The anti-fake news system detected a domain name disseminating racist hate articles] 🤖</strong></a>');
        // Add more lines for additional domains if needed
        return html;
      }
    
      // Function to replace URLs and link text in a given content element
      function replaceUrlsInContent($content) {
        $content.html(function (_, oldHtml) {
          return replaceUrls(oldHtml);
        });
      }
    
      // Replace URLs and link text when a new post is added
      $(window).on('action:posts.loaded', function () {
        $('[component="post"]').each(function () {
          var $postContent = $(this).find('.content, .topic-info.text-sm.text-break, .content.mt-2.text-break, .stretched-link, .message-body.ps-0.py-0.overflow-auto.text-break');
          // Replace URLs and link text in the post content
          $postContent.html(replaceUrls($postContent.html()));
        });
      });
    
      // Replace URLs and link text when a post is edited
      $(window).on('action:topic.loaded', function () {
        $('[component="post"]').each(function () {
          var $postContent = $(this).find('.content, .topic-info.text-sm.text-break, .content.mt-2.text-break, .stretched-link, .message-body.ps-0.py-0.overflow-auto.text-break');
          // Replace URLs and link text in the post content
          $postContent.html(replaceUrls($postContent.html()));
        });
      });
    
      // Replace URLs and link text when a new page is loaded or content is updated for topic teaser & carroussel topic info
      $(document).ajaxComplete(function () {
        $('.post-content.text-xs.ps-2.line-clamp-sm-2.lh-sm.text-break, .topic-info.text-sm.text-break, .content.mt-2.text-break, .stretched-link, .message-body.ps-0.py-0.overflow-auto.text-break').each(function () {
          var $content = $(this);
          replaceUrlsInContent($content);
        });
      });
    });
    

    PS : nothing to see but appearance code on topics bug :
    The Block code is no longer displayed in its entirety but only on one line :

    f28171b1-e396-49dc-a8f3-97be40f04371-image.png

  • DownPWundefined DownPW has marked this topic as solved on
  • I have a great code here. I managed to modify the HTTP URL link as well as the link text (description) by modifying them both with a warning message and the URL of my choice for each domain. I am currently redirecting to my checkout page.

    The code also differentiates with text before and after the link and does not take it into account.

    It works :

    • In the topics
    • In the carousel
    • In the previews of the last post in the recent page, unread etc…
    • In Chat

    There are certainly things to improve but I’ll share the code with you here.

    –> This will be my Christmas present 🎅

    If you have any improvements or suggestions, don’t hesitate @phenomlab

    // ------------------------------------------------------------------
    // Block Domain URL on topics & Topic teasers & caroussel topic info
    // ------------------------------------------------------------------
    
    $(document).ready(function () {
      // Function to replace URLs and link text in a given HTML content
      function replaceUrls(html) {
        // Replace the old domain URLs with the new domain URL and update link text
        html = html.replace(/(<a[^>]*href="https?:\/\/(?:www\.)?francesoir\.fr(?:\/[^\s>]*)?"[^>]*>)([^<]*)<\/a>/g, '<a href="https://YOUR_URL_REDIRECTION/rules"><strong>🤖 [Oups. The PW anti fake news system detected a disinformation domain name] 🤖</strong></a>');
        html = html.replace(/(<a[^>]*href="https?:\/\/(?:www\.)?francais\.rt\.com(?:\/[^\s>]*)?"[^>]*>)([^<]*)<\/a>/g, '<a href="https://YOUR_URL_REDIRECTION/rules"><strong>🤖 [Oups. The PW anti fake news system detected a domain name of disinformation and propaganda] 🤖</strong></a>');
        html = html.replace(/(<a[^>]*href="https?:\/\/(?:www\.)?fr\.sputniknews\.africa(?:\/[^\s>]*)?"[^>]*>)([^<]*)<\/a>/g, '<a href="https://YOUR_URL_REDIRECTION/rules"><strong>🤖 [Oups. The PW anti fake news system detected a domain name of disinformation and propaganda] 🤖</strong></a>');
        html = html.replace(/(<a[^>]*href="https?:\/\/(?:www\.)?lecourrierdesstrateges\.fr(?:\/[^\s>]*)?"[^>]*>)([^<]*)<\/a>/g, '<a href="https://YOUR_URL_REDIRECTION/rules"><strong>🤖 [Oups. The PW anti fake news system detected a disinformation domain name] 🤖</strong></a>');
        html = html.replace(/(<a[^>]*href="https?:\/\/(?:www\.)?lelibrepenseur\.org(?:\/[^\s>]*)?"[^>]*>)([^<]*)<\/a>/g, '<a href="https://YOUR_URL_REDIRECTION/rules"><strong>🤖 [Oups. The PW anti fake news system detected a disinformation domain name] 🤖</strong></a>');
        html = html.replace(/(<a[^>]*href="https?:\/\/(?:www\.)?lesmoutonsenrages\.fr(?:\/[^\s>]*)?"[^>]*>)([^<]*)<\/a>/g, '<a href="https://YOUR_URL_REDIRECTION/rules"><strong>🤖 [Oups. The anti fake news system detected a domain name spreading hate speech and anti-Semitic comments] 🤖</strong></a>');
        html = html.replace(/(<a[^>]*href="https?:\/\/(?:www\.)?upr\.fr(?:\/[^\s>]*)?"[^>]*>)([^<]*)<\/a>/g, '<a href="https://YOUR_URL_REDIRECTION/rules"><strong>🤖 [Oups. The PW anti fake news system detected a disinformation domain name] 🤖</strong></a>');
        html = html.replace(/(<a[^>]*href="https?:\/\/(?:www\.)?lecourrier-du-soir\.com(?:\/[^\s>]*)?"[^>]*>)([^<]*)<\/a>/g, '<a href="https://YOUR_URL_REDIRECTION/rules"><strong>🤖 [Oups. The PW anti fake news system detected a disinformation domain name] 🤖</strong></a>');
        html = html.replace(/(<a[^>]*href="https?:\/\/(?:www\.)?fdesouche\.com(?:\/[^\s>]*)?"[^>]*>)([^<]*)<\/a>/g, '<a href="https://YOUR_URL_REDIRECTION/rules"><strong>🤖 [Oups. The anti-fake news system detected a domain name disseminating racist hate articles] 🤖</strong></a>');
        // Add more lines for additional domains if needed
        return html;
      }
    
      // Function to replace URLs and link text in a given content element
      function replaceUrlsInContent($content) {
        $content.html(function (_, oldHtml) {
          return replaceUrls(oldHtml);
        });
      }
    
      // Replace URLs and link text when a new post is added
      $(window).on('action:posts.loaded', function () {
        $('[component="post"]').each(function () {
          var $postContent = $(this).find('.content, .topic-info.text-sm.text-break, .content.mt-2.text-break, .stretched-link, .message-body.ps-0.py-0.overflow-auto.text-break');
          // Replace URLs and link text in the post content
          $postContent.html(replaceUrls($postContent.html()));
        });
      });
    
      // Replace URLs and link text when a post is edited
      $(window).on('action:topic.loaded', function () {
        $('[component="post"]').each(function () {
          var $postContent = $(this).find('.content, .topic-info.text-sm.text-break, .content.mt-2.text-break, .stretched-link, .message-body.ps-0.py-0.overflow-auto.text-break');
          // Replace URLs and link text in the post content
          $postContent.html(replaceUrls($postContent.html()));
        });
      });
    
      // Replace URLs and link text when a new page is loaded or content is updated for topic teaser & carroussel topic info
      $(document).ajaxComplete(function () {
        $('.post-content.text-xs.ps-2.line-clamp-sm-2.lh-sm.text-break, .topic-info.text-sm.text-break, .content.mt-2.text-break, .stretched-link, .message-body.ps-0.py-0.overflow-auto.text-break').each(function () {
          var $content = $(this);
          replaceUrlsInContent($content);
        });
      });
    });
    

    PS : nothing to see but appearance code on topics bug :
    The Block code is no longer displayed in its entirety but only on one line :

    f28171b1-e396-49dc-a8f3-97be40f04371-image.png

    @DownPW that code looks great. I seem to have trained you well!

    I’ll investigate the single line of code issue. I think that’s probably because of a modified version of highlight. js I use.

  • @phenomlab

    My code work great but a little more 😉
    My code conflicts with your OGPROXY code.

    Do you have an idea so that the two can live together?

  • @phenomlab

    My code work great but a little more 😉
    My code conflicts with your OGPROXY code.

    Do you have an idea so that the two can live together?

    @DownPW Potentially, yes, but what is the conflict exactly?

  • I don’t know, I just see that OG proxy does not format the links when my code to block domains is active.

    If I disable it, OG proxy works fine.

    I would have to make sure that OG proxy does not activate when a blacklist link is detected or that it works one after the other

    Actually I don’t really know at the moment.

    EDIT:

    Maybe add an ignore list to OG PROXY

  • I don’t know, I just see that OG proxy does not format the links when my code to block domains is active.

    If I disable it, OG proxy works fine.

    I would have to make sure that OG proxy does not activate when a blacklist link is detected or that it works one after the other

    Actually I don’t really know at the moment.

    EDIT:

    Maybe add an ignore list to OG PROXY

    @DownPW said in Block Domain:

    I don’t know, I just see that OG proxy does not format the links when my code to block domains is active.

    This just means that the callback / hook isn’t monitored by OGProxy and can probably be quite easily rectified.

    @DownPW said in Block Domain:

    Maybe add an ignore list to OG PROXY

    There is one already in function.js - see below

    https://github.com/phenomlab/ogproxy/blob/03d5ff125611361700d785bd82a6ab16fcd68bfc/function.js#L9

  • @DownPW said in Block Domain:

    I don’t know, I just see that OG proxy does not format the links when my code to block domains is active.

    This just means that the callback / hook isn’t monitored by OGProxy and can probably be quite easily rectified.

    @DownPW said in Block Domain:

    Maybe add an ignore list to OG PROXY

    There is one already in function.js - see below

    https://github.com/phenomlab/ogproxy/blob/03d5ff125611361700d785bd82a6ab16fcd68bfc/function.js#L9

    In any case, it doesn’t change anything in fact I think to add exclusions in OG Proxy, because links which are not to be ignored are not formatted by OG proxy

    @phenomlab said in Block Domain:

    This just means that the callback / hook isn’t monitored by OGProxy and can probably be quite easily rectified.

    I’ll look and try to figure it out but can you help me with this ?

  • In any case, it doesn’t change anything in fact I think to add exclusions in OG Proxy, because links which are not to be ignored are not formatted by OG proxy

    @phenomlab said in Block Domain:

    This just means that the callback / hook isn’t monitored by OGProxy and can probably be quite easily rectified.

    I’ll look and try to figure it out but can you help me with this ?

    @DownPW said in Block Domain:

    I’ll look and try to figure it out but can you help me with this ?

    Yes, of course.

  • no luck for now

  • no luck for now

    @DownPW Can you provide a summary of what you’ve tried?

  • I don’t have everything listed.

    In fact I’m trying to understand what’s going on, otherwise I’m going all over the place but I don’t have any errors in the console.

    In fact I have the impression that the 2 codes act on <a> and that they sometimes come into conflict because when I enter the topic via the recent page or other, OG proxy does the job, I refresh, it works again , I refresh and the OGproxy does nothing.

    I have the impression that both codes are playing with the DOM and it’s not okay.
    Sometimes OGproxy works, sometimes it works on every second link, and sometimes not at all.

    Anyway, I’m a little lost at the moment.

    I don’t really know what changed or what script changed.

  • I don’t have everything listed.

    In fact I’m trying to understand what’s going on, otherwise I’m going all over the place but I don’t have any errors in the console.

    In fact I have the impression that the 2 codes act on <a> and that they sometimes come into conflict because when I enter the topic via the recent page or other, OG proxy does the job, I refresh, it works again , I refresh and the OGproxy does nothing.

    I have the impression that both codes are playing with the DOM and it’s not okay.
    Sometimes OGproxy works, sometimes it works on every second link, and sometimes not at all.

    Anyway, I’m a little lost at the moment.

    I don’t really know what changed or what script changed.

    @DownPW I don’t think this is OGProxy. I think it’s your script that manipulates the DOM afterwards and causes the issue. Is there somewhere I can see the script and review it (dev) ?

  • Script is on dev yes.

  • Script is on dev yes.

    @DownPW is OGProxy also on dev? I’ll need both running

  • Yes ogproxy too is functionnal on dev


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • Spam spam spam

    Solved Configure nodebb
    6
    2 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda said in Spam spam spam: ok, yes Ive seen the queue, it shows IP, but doesnt have a field for comments from registrant. It’s not designed for that. It merely serves as a gateway between posts appearing on your form or not. @Panda said in Spam spam spam: It would be better if nodebb had this plugin included in ACP list, as not only then do you know its approved and should work, but many people cant or dont want to use CLI on the server That’s a question for the NodeBB devs but in all honesty you can’t not use the CLI when installing nodebb so to be this isn’t a big deal.
  • Nodebb and emails

    Solved Configure nodebb
    27
    5 Votes
    27 Posts
    9k Views
    @Panda it will use SMTP. In all cases, I never use any plugin to send email. I’ll always send it raw.
  • NodeBB recent cards customisation

    Solved Customisation nodebb recent cards
    3
    1
    2 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    @phenomlab thank you very much for the assistance Mark, massively appreciated as always. The great thing about this is it’s all documented for other NodeBB users that come looking for solutions . Looks far better .
  • Composer Zen icon?

    Solved Configure nodebb
    8
    1
    2 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    @DownPW exactly. Not really a new concept, and in all honesty, not something I’ve ever used. If you consider the need to add links and references, or citations, you’d need to be able to see other parts of the screen!
  • NodeBB v3 Android Problem

    Solved Configure nodebb android
    4
    4 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    thank you fixed.
  • Forum Icons NodeBB

    Solved Customisation icons forum nodebb
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    4k Views
    @cagatay That matches what I see [image: 1667218162107-4f0f858d-9812-42b1-9f61-ffb13d31dccd-image.png]
  • 9 Votes
    32 Posts
    14k Views
    @DownPW said in Bottom footer navbar button extend: Oh my god, it’s beautiful mark I liked this design so much, I’ve implemented it here. I intend to do a lot more with the footer in due course, so hiding it makes a lot of sense. Thanks @DownPW for the idea and initial concept
  • [NodeBB] greeting message

    Solved Customisation css nodebb javascript
    2
    1
    3 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    @pwsincd welcome to sudonix, and thanks for the comments. What your looking for is here https://sudonix.com/topic/195/nodebb-welcome-message/3?_=1648295651358