Skip to content

Bug Report

Solved Bugs
47 3 17.4k 1

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • Planned sunset of NTFY plugin

    Pinned Announcements push nodebb ntfy
    7
    1
    8 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    I’ve noticed that I’m the only one subscribed to the push notifications on this site. If you were using NTFY previously, and have noticed that you’ve not had any alerts for a while, it’s because this feature has been disabled. You’ll now need to use the push notification to replace NTFY as mentioned in the first post.
  • SEO and Nodebb

    Performance nodebb seo
    2
    2 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @Panda It’s the best it’s ever been to be honest. I’ve used a myriad of systems in the past - most notably, WordPress, and then Flarum (which for SEO, was absolutely dire - they never even had SEO out of the box, and relied on a third party extension to do it), and NodeBB easily fares the best - see below example https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asudonix.org&oq=site%3Asudonix.org&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i58j69i60l2.9039j0j3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#ip=1 However, this was not without significant effort on my part once I’d migrated from COM to ORG - see below posts https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17286/google-crawl-error-after-site-migration/17?_=1688461250365 And also https://support.google.com/webmasters/thread/221027803?hl=en&msgid=221464164 It was painful to say the least - as it turns out, there was an issue in NodeBB core that prevented spiders from getting to content, which as far as I understand, is now fixed. SEO in itself is a dark art - a black box that nobody really fully understands, and it’s essentially going to boil down to one thing - “content”. Google’s algorithm for indexing has also changed dramatically over the years. They only now crawl content that has value, so if it believes that your site has nothing to offer, it will simply skip it.
  • Upgrade Problem from 2.8.3 to 2.8.4

    Solved Configure nodebb
    35
    1
    8 Votes
    35 Posts
    10k Views
    @cagatay No, you can ignore that.
  • NodeBB inline videoplayer

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    12
    3 Votes
    12 Posts
    4k Views
    @phenomlab YAY! It works Thanks so much
  • is "night mode" shifting the forum several pixels up?

    Solved Configure nodebb
    8
    4 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    @crazycells hmm. Good point. I actually use my own version of the dark mode plugin, so not entirely sure. However, I think the CSS is probably the same. I’m not at my PC currently but can check and advise later.
  • FIXED: Annoying cosmetic bug on mobile view

    Moved Bugs bugs
    13
    3 Votes
    13 Posts
    4k Views
    And now, after all this time I finally discovered that the CSS I previously referenced was for something else - and used the same CSS name, so I’ve had to reinstate this block .tab-content { max-height: 0; padding: 0 2em; color: #898989; background: #eeeeee; transition: all 0.35s; margin-top: -5px; } And, add this below to make it more specific. .emoji-tabs .tab-content { height: 100%; max-height: 100%; padding: 0; margin: 0; }
  • 0 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    @downpw I’m inclined to agree with this. There isn’t much else you can do, and provided it works with no odd looking artefacts in other browsers, then ok. The :before and :after are pseudo classes and very well supported across all browsers (except perhaps Internet Exploder, but who uses that these days ?)
  • RSS parser script [NodeBB]

    Customisation nodebb rss script
    47
    9 Votes
    47 Posts
    21k Views
    @phenomlab said in RSS parser script [NodeBB]: @jac Not yet. Sorry. Have some other work commitments I need to prioritise. Hoping to get to this over the weekend. No worries at all mate, thanks