Skip to content

NodeBB v4.0.0 — Federate good times, come on!

World
94 64 22.6k

Related Topics
  • Please help me, I can't install nodebb

    Locked Solved Customisation nodebb
    7
    5 Votes
    7 Posts
    2k Views
    Installation completed, verified, and tested. Correct installation methodology is below https://docs.nodebb.org/installing/os/ubuntu/
  • nodebb error logs

    Bugs nodebb
    6
    2
    4 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    I just wanted to ask because I don’t have much knowledge about the new installation. Thank you for the explanatory answer.
  • Interesting Widget code, but can't fetch API

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    26
    2 Votes
    26 Posts
    10k Views
    @Panda said in Interesting Widget code, but can’t fetch API: How did you drop that widget into the post there? I hadnt seen this BSgenerator anywhere on sudonix site, do you use it somewhere already? Yes, here https://sudonix.org/topic/414/corporate-bullshit-generator?_=1687774393044 It’s not a “post” or “topic” in the common sense. It is actually a page in it’s own right and leverages nodebb-plugin-custom-pages. This in turn creates a new “route” which behaves like a page, meaning it is then exposed for widgets. @Panda said in Interesting Widget code, but can’t fetch API: Also can you explain more what you mean by calling the code externally. In my API call example, how would I go about doing that? By this, I mean create all the required code in an external JS file that is reachable by the NodeBB instance - so, in “public” for example - or in my case /public/js. The widget then “calls” that file and because it runs outside of the scope of NodeBB, you just need to return the values to the widget. Hope this makes sense?
  • adding some console.log to Nodebb

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    4
    1 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @eeeee if you’re using the console, you could try node app.js > app.log 2>&1 This would redirect stdout to a file named app.log and redirect stderr to stdout. I’m not sure about standard logging under NodeBB, but there is an error log located at logs/error.log. Failing that, you could always stop the NodeBB service then use ./nodebb dev from the console which would then provide debug output.
  • NodeBB: updating Admin details not working

    Solved Configure nodebb admin
    17
    3 Votes
    17 Posts
    4k Views
    @mventures Ok. No issues
  • restarting nodebb on boot

    Unsolved Configure nodebb
    3
    1 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    @eeeee said in restarting nodebb on boot: can I just run nodebb under nodemon for auto restarts? It’s a better method. Nodemon just looks for file system changes and would effectively die if the server was rebooted meaning you’d have to start it again anyway. Systemd is the defacto standard which is how the operating system interacts in terms of services, scheduled tasks etc.
  • CSS codes for fa-info icon

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    9
    1
    6 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    I have just figured it out… it can be targeted with text-decoration-color: I was mistakenly using color
  • [NODEBB] Welcome Message

    Solved Customisation css html nodebb
    20
    2
    13 Votes
    20 Posts
    8k Views
    @DownPW the ‘js’ code for the banner takes the time from the client, so what it displays really depends on the regional settings for the operating system. I’ve not seen this issue myself but would like to see some examples of screenshots if possible.