Skip to content

NodeBB: Consent page

Solved Configure
16 3 5.8k 2

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • Spam spam spam

    Solved Configure nodebb
    6
    2 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda said in Spam spam spam: ok, yes Ive seen the queue, it shows IP, but doesnt have a field for comments from registrant. It’s not designed for that. It merely serves as a gateway between posts appearing on your form or not. @Panda said in Spam spam spam: It would be better if nodebb had this plugin included in ACP list, as not only then do you know its approved and should work, but many people cant or dont want to use CLI on the server That’s a question for the NodeBB devs but in all honesty you can’t not use the CLI when installing nodebb so to be this isn’t a big deal.
  • Nodebb and emails

    Solved Configure nodebb
    27
    5 Votes
    27 Posts
    9k Views
    @Panda it will use SMTP. In all cases, I never use any plugin to send email. I’ll always send it raw.
  • Nodebb icon on google page

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    9
    1
    4 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    @Panda It’s been raised multiple times, but only for the open source version, and not hosted.
  • NodeBB: Favicon upload issue

    Solved Configure nodebb favicon
    12
    1
    3 Votes
    12 Posts
    3k Views
    @phenomlab I am on a Mac, so I used the “Option + Command + I”, and then performed the steps. It loaded my favicon! I checked on Firefox which I haven’t used before, and it showed my favicon also! That’s fantastic and thank you for the help!
  • Adding fileWrite to nodebb code

    Solved Configure nodebb
    16
    1
    5 Votes
    16 Posts
    4k Views
    @eveh this might be a question for the NodeBB Devs themselves. In all honesty, I’m not entirely sure without having to research this myself.
  • Configure SMTP for Nodebb

    Solved Configure
    14
    5 Votes
    14 Posts
    4k Views
    @marusaky based on the work completed thus far (in relation to PM exchanges), I’m going to mark this completed. Sending email from the server itself works fine without issue, and DNS appears to be clean (valid SPF, DMARC, and DKIM records). It appears that only Gmail marks incoming messages from your domain as spam - perhaps because of the domain age, which there is nothing we can do to prevent this. Mail delivery to all other domains appears to work fine in al of my tests.
  • is "night mode" shifting the forum several pixels up?

    Solved Configure nodebb
    8
    4 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    @crazycells hmm. Good point. I actually use my own version of the dark mode plugin, so not entirely sure. However, I think the CSS is probably the same. I’m not at my PC currently but can check and advise later.
  • Iframely (Nodebb)

    Solved Configure
    40
    4 Votes
    40 Posts
    15k Views
    @DownPW This is now resolved. The issue was an incorrect URL specified in the Nodebb plugin. I’ve corrected this, and now it works as intended.