Skip to content

NodeBB 3.0 alpha1 : Error on install

Solved Configure
19 2 5.9k 1
  • @phenomlab

    npm remove nodebb-plugin
    

    ?

    @phenomlab

    test with npm remove nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.6

    npm remove nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.6
    npm WARN ERESOLVE overriding peer dependency
    npm WARN While resolving: nodebb@3.0.0-alpha.1
    npm WARN Found: nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.6
    npm WARN node_modules/nodebb-plugin-emoji
    npm WARN   peer nodebb-plugin-emoji@"^4.0.0" from @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@1.0.2
    npm WARN   node_modules/@nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions
    npm WARN     @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@"^1.0.2" from the root project
    npm WARN   2 more (nodebb-plugin-emoji-android, the root project)
    npm WARN 
    npm WARN Could not resolve dependency:
    npm WARN peer nodebb-plugin-emoji@"^4.0.0" from @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@1.0.2
    npm WARN node_modules/@nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions
    npm WARN   @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@"^1.0.2" from the root project
    npm WARN ERESOLVE overriding peer dependency
    npm WARN While resolving: nodebb@3.0.0-alpha.1
    npm WARN Found: nodebb-plugin-markdown@10.1.1
    npm WARN node_modules/nodebb-plugin-markdown
    npm WARN   peer nodebb-plugin-markdown@"^10.0.0" from nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@1.6.0
    npm WARN   node_modules/nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown
    npm WARN     nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@"^1.6.0" from the root project
    npm WARN   1 more (the root project)
    npm WARN 
    npm WARN Could not resolve dependency:
    npm WARN peer nodebb-plugin-markdown@"^10.0.0" from nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@1.6.0
    npm WARN node_modules/nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown
    npm WARN   nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@"^1.6.0" from the root project
    npm ERR! code 128
    npm ERR! An unknown git error occurred
    npm ERR! command git --no-replace-objects ls-remote ssh://git@github.com/makeusabrew/bootbox.git
    npm ERR! git@github.com: Permission denied (publickey).
    npm ERR! fatal: Impossible de lire le dépôt distant.
    npm ERR! 
    npm ERR! Veuillez vérifier que vous avez les droits d'accès
    npm ERR! et que le dépôt existe.
    
    npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
    npm ERR!     /root/.npm/_logs/2023-01-05T22_23_12_150Z-debug-0.log
    
  • @phenomlab

    npm remove nodebb-plugin
    

    ?

    @DownPW yes, exactly. You can then install the updated (and compliant) v3 versions after the upgrade process completed successfully.

  • @phenomlab

    test with npm remove nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.6

    npm remove nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.6
    npm WARN ERESOLVE overriding peer dependency
    npm WARN While resolving: nodebb@3.0.0-alpha.1
    npm WARN Found: nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.6
    npm WARN node_modules/nodebb-plugin-emoji
    npm WARN   peer nodebb-plugin-emoji@"^4.0.0" from @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@1.0.2
    npm WARN   node_modules/@nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions
    npm WARN     @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@"^1.0.2" from the root project
    npm WARN   2 more (nodebb-plugin-emoji-android, the root project)
    npm WARN 
    npm WARN Could not resolve dependency:
    npm WARN peer nodebb-plugin-emoji@"^4.0.0" from @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@1.0.2
    npm WARN node_modules/@nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions
    npm WARN   @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@"^1.0.2" from the root project
    npm WARN ERESOLVE overriding peer dependency
    npm WARN While resolving: nodebb@3.0.0-alpha.1
    npm WARN Found: nodebb-plugin-markdown@10.1.1
    npm WARN node_modules/nodebb-plugin-markdown
    npm WARN   peer nodebb-plugin-markdown@"^10.0.0" from nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@1.6.0
    npm WARN   node_modules/nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown
    npm WARN     nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@"^1.6.0" from the root project
    npm WARN   1 more (the root project)
    npm WARN 
    npm WARN Could not resolve dependency:
    npm WARN peer nodebb-plugin-markdown@"^10.0.0" from nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@1.6.0
    npm WARN node_modules/nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown
    npm WARN   nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@"^1.6.0" from the root project
    npm ERR! code 128
    npm ERR! An unknown git error occurred
    npm ERR! command git --no-replace-objects ls-remote ssh://git@github.com/makeusabrew/bootbox.git
    npm ERR! git@github.com: Permission denied (publickey).
    npm ERR! fatal: Impossible de lire le dépôt distant.
    npm ERR! 
    npm ERR! Veuillez vérifier que vous avez les droits d'accès
    npm ERR! et que le dépôt existe.
    
    npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
    npm ERR!     /root/.npm/_logs/2023-01-05T22_23_12_150Z-debug-0.log
    

    @DownPW looks like a permissions issue?

  • @DownPW looks like a permissions issue?

    @phenomlab I’m on root maybe that

    EDit: nope idem on non root user

  • @phenomlab

    test with npm remove nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.6

    npm remove nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.6
    npm WARN ERESOLVE overriding peer dependency
    npm WARN While resolving: nodebb@3.0.0-alpha.1
    npm WARN Found: nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.6
    npm WARN node_modules/nodebb-plugin-emoji
    npm WARN   peer nodebb-plugin-emoji@"^4.0.0" from @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@1.0.2
    npm WARN   node_modules/@nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions
    npm WARN     @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@"^1.0.2" from the root project
    npm WARN   2 more (nodebb-plugin-emoji-android, the root project)
    npm WARN 
    npm WARN Could not resolve dependency:
    npm WARN peer nodebb-plugin-emoji@"^4.0.0" from @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@1.0.2
    npm WARN node_modules/@nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions
    npm WARN   @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@"^1.0.2" from the root project
    npm WARN ERESOLVE overriding peer dependency
    npm WARN While resolving: nodebb@3.0.0-alpha.1
    npm WARN Found: nodebb-plugin-markdown@10.1.1
    npm WARN node_modules/nodebb-plugin-markdown
    npm WARN   peer nodebb-plugin-markdown@"^10.0.0" from nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@1.6.0
    npm WARN   node_modules/nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown
    npm WARN     nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@"^1.6.0" from the root project
    npm WARN   1 more (the root project)
    npm WARN 
    npm WARN Could not resolve dependency:
    npm WARN peer nodebb-plugin-markdown@"^10.0.0" from nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@1.6.0
    npm WARN node_modules/nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown
    npm WARN   nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@"^1.6.0" from the root project
    npm ERR! code 128
    npm ERR! An unknown git error occurred
    npm ERR! command git --no-replace-objects ls-remote ssh://git@github.com/makeusabrew/bootbox.git
    npm ERR! git@github.com: Permission denied (publickey).
    npm ERR! fatal: Impossible de lire le dépôt distant.
    npm ERR! 
    npm ERR! Veuillez vérifier que vous avez les droits d'accès
    npm ERR! et que le dépôt existe.
    
    npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
    npm ERR!     /root/.npm/_logs/2023-01-05T22_23_12_150Z-debug-0.log
    

    @DownPW can you try with just

    npm remove nodebb-plugin-emoj
    
  • @DownPW can you try with just

    npm remove nodebb-plugin-emoj
    

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB 3.0 alpha1 : Error on install:

    npm remove nodebb-plugin-emoj

    nope

  • @phenomlab said in NodeBB 3.0 alpha1 : Error on install:

    npm remove nodebb-plugin-emoj

    nope

    @DownPW can you provide an output of the currently installed plugins before upgrade?

  • @DownPW can you provide an output of the currently installed plugins before upgrade?

    @phenomlab https://community.nodebb.org/topic/16721/nodebb-v3-0-0-alpha-1-an-alpha-release/29

    maybe a problem with depot permissions.
    I wait a answer by Pitag or other nodebb staff

  • @phenomlab https://community.nodebb.org/topic/16721/nodebb-v3-0-0-alpha-1-an-alpha-release/29

    maybe a problem with depot permissions.
    I wait a answer by Pitag or other nodebb staff

    @DownPW yes, I saw that this morning. You could still try and remove those plugins which aren’t compliant though.

  • @phenomlab

    Hourra I’m on V3 🙂

    here the solution for installation :

    cd /path/to/your/nodebb
    git rev-parse HEAD  # save this value in case you need to roll back  --- 727f879e5b1698fcf9bdbaca5181b28d0e9497fd
    git fetch && git checkout bootstrap5
    git reset --hard v3.0.0-alpha.3
    npm config set legacy-peer-deps true
    ./nodebb upgrade -mi
    ./nodebb build
    ./nodebb start
    

    A lot of things doesn’t work with new Personna Bootstrap 5 like theme Switcher selector for example

    –> Could I count on you to help me evolve the things we created together for Persona5 or Harmony? Like footerbar, theme Switcher selector, welcome message with image change ?

    –> Other things, Harmony theme not include on alpha ?

  • @phenomlab

    Hourra I’m on V3 🙂

    here the solution for installation :

    cd /path/to/your/nodebb
    git rev-parse HEAD  # save this value in case you need to roll back  --- 727f879e5b1698fcf9bdbaca5181b28d0e9497fd
    git fetch && git checkout bootstrap5
    git reset --hard v3.0.0-alpha.3
    npm config set legacy-peer-deps true
    ./nodebb upgrade -mi
    ./nodebb build
    ./nodebb start
    

    A lot of things doesn’t work with new Personna Bootstrap 5 like theme Switcher selector for example

    –> Could I count on you to help me evolve the things we created together for Persona5 or Harmony? Like footerbar, theme Switcher selector, welcome message with image change ?

    –> Other things, Harmony theme not include on alpha ?

    @DownPW said in NodeBB 3.0 alpha1 : Error on install:

    A lot of things doesn’t work with new Personna Bootstrap 5 like theme Switcher selector for example

    It does work, but needs minor tweaks as the existing listener doesn’t work under bootstrap 5 as it did under bootstrap 3. Nothing major to fix.

    Of course you can count on me. I’ll be in the same journey 🙂

    Harmony isn’t available yet from what I’ve read - not until beta releases I think.

  • @DownPW said in NodeBB 3.0 alpha1 : Error on install:

    A lot of things doesn’t work with new Personna Bootstrap 5 like theme Switcher selector for example

    It does work, but needs minor tweaks as the existing listener doesn’t work under bootstrap 5 as it did under bootstrap 3. Nothing major to fix.

    Of course you can count on me. I’ll be in the same journey 🙂

    Harmony isn’t available yet from what I’ve read - not until beta releases I think.

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB 3.0 alpha1 : Error on install:

    Of course you can count on me. I’ll be in the same journey

    ✈

    haha that doesn’t surprise me. Thank you again for that my friend 👍 ♥

    I still hesitate between staying under Persona 5 or Harmony.

    I will decide when I can test it

  • DownPWundefined DownPW has marked this topic as solved on
  • @phenomlab said in NodeBB 3.0 alpha1 : Error on install:

    Of course you can count on me. I’ll be in the same journey

    ✈

    haha that doesn’t surprise me. Thank you again for that my friend 👍 ♥

    I still hesitate between staying under Persona 5 or Harmony.

    I will decide when I can test it

    @DownPW I’m going to test harmony. I quite like the look. However, I did start a topic to discuss this. Would appreciate input

    https://sudonix.com/topic/397/nodebb-v3-and-harmony-theme

  • @DownPW I’m going to test harmony. I quite like the look. However, I did start a topic to discuss this. Would appreciate input

    https://sudonix.com/topic/397/nodebb-v3-and-harmony-theme

  • @DownPW very odd. I don’t recall setting permissions there but try now.

  • @DownPW very odd. I don’t recall setting permissions there but try now.

    @phenomlab Work now 😉


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • MogoDB v6 to v7 upgrade

    Solved Configure nodebb
    5
    1 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda if you used the Ubuntu PPA, I think this only goes as far as 6.x if I recall correctly.
  • how to prevent DDoS attacks ?

    Solved Vulnerability ddos nodebb
    34
    17 Votes
    34 Posts
    12k Views
    @phenomlab thank you very much, this was helpful. Everything looks ok
  • Interesting Widget code, but can't fetch API

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    26
    2 Votes
    26 Posts
    10k Views
    @Panda said in Interesting Widget code, but can’t fetch API: How did you drop that widget into the post there? I hadnt seen this BSgenerator anywhere on sudonix site, do you use it somewhere already? Yes, here https://sudonix.org/topic/414/corporate-bullshit-generator?_=1687774393044 It’s not a “post” or “topic” in the common sense. It is actually a page in it’s own right and leverages nodebb-plugin-custom-pages. This in turn creates a new “route” which behaves like a page, meaning it is then exposed for widgets. @Panda said in Interesting Widget code, but can’t fetch API: Also can you explain more what you mean by calling the code externally. In my API call example, how would I go about doing that? By this, I mean create all the required code in an external JS file that is reachable by the NodeBB instance - so, in “public” for example - or in my case /public/js. The widget then “calls” that file and because it runs outside of the scope of NodeBB, you just need to return the values to the widget. Hope this makes sense?
  • Composer options on nodebb

    Solved Configure nodebb
    8
    1
    3 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda You should be able to expose the CSS for these using F12 to get into console [image: 1686833368846-3591518c-e3a3-4ada-a43c-6b32a5e0359c-image.png] [image: 1686833399483-a2b8ed46-4157-4ff2-85f0-576543380107-image.png] That should then expose the element once selected [image: 1686833431032-89d9c545-a47a-40d1-98f4-80cf3b958e8f-image.png] Here’s the below CSS you need based on the screenshot provided. .composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="picture-o"], .composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="spoiler"] { display: none; }
  • NodeBB: Creating the Swatch modes

    Solved Configure swatch
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    935 Views
    @mventures the swatch feature you refer to isn’t a NodeBB plugin, but a utility that I wrote that handles this. It is available for v2 (as you can see here) but I’ve stopped developing and releasing the code because it has been entirely rewritten to work for v3. If you’d like the code, this is possible, but you’ll need to upgrade to v3 first.
  • MailGun Not Working NodeBB

    Solved Configure mail mailgun
    6
    1 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab did it i did not create smtp user on mailgun. everything is working now. [image: 1667569376261-6cc6061f-ed5d-41f6-8eb7-5d98f98b3706-image.png]
  • Plugin reaction Bug

    Solved Customisation plugin nodebb reaction
    15
    1
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    5k Views
    @DownPW That was going to be my next suggestion
  • Iframely (Nodebb)

    Solved Configure
    40
    4 Votes
    40 Posts
    15k Views
    @DownPW This is now resolved. The issue was an incorrect URL specified in the Nodebb plugin. I’ve corrected this, and now it works as intended.