Skip to content

Top Ranked Forums

Chitchat
9 3 3.1k 1
  • Hope one day NodeBB will be some where 🙂

    f8bcef25-ebbf-40f5-bcf9-02fa0b9d99ac-image.png

  • Hope one day NodeBB will be some where 🙂

    f8bcef25-ebbf-40f5-bcf9-02fa0b9d99ac-image.png

    @cagatay I often wonder who compiles these “stats” and whether they even test NodeBB

  • @cagatay I often wonder who compiles these “stats” and whether they even test NodeBB

    @phenomlab 617mio posts OMG 🙂

  • @phenomlab 617mio posts OMG 🙂

    @cagatay Yeah, on phpBB too !! I thought that platform was well and truly dead.

  • @cagatay Yeah, on phpBB too !! I thought that platform was well and truly dead.

    @phenomlab Maybe its not true coz web site not working. also there is writen users 0 lol 🙂

    I used over 5 years vBulletin it was very good experiences for me. I also have one small forum powered by XenForo.

    But NodeBB is very fast and google index speed also very good. My last time is 2 hours, google bot idexed.

  • @phenomlab Maybe its not true coz web site not working. also there is writen users 0 lol 🙂

    I used over 5 years vBulletin it was very good experiences for me. I also have one small forum powered by XenForo.

    But NodeBB is very fast and google index speed also very good. My last time is 2 hours, google bot idexed.

    @cagatay Yes, there’s a lot of furore around Discorse, but having tried it myself some time ago, I didn’t like it that much. Plus, it requires containers and ruby on rails, which just doesn’t appeal to me at all.

  • Hope one day NodeBB will be some where 🙂

    f8bcef25-ebbf-40f5-bcf9-02fa0b9d99ac-image.png

    @cagatay I think -as far as I could observe- people are not building forums any more, rather than developing a website, they are directly going with “Discord”… It is probably closest to the “forums” among all social media platforms… it is already there, you can create your own discord in seconds, all the infrastructure is already provided.

    Therefore all these old forums rank very high with ancient types of forum softwares… xenforo, vbulletin, phpbb… all from the Jurassic period…

    Just a quick note, Discord and Discourse are separate, unrelated platforms…

  • @cagatay I think -as far as I could observe- people are not building forums any more, rather than developing a website, they are directly going with “Discord”… It is probably closest to the “forums” among all social media platforms… it is already there, you can create your own discord in seconds, all the infrastructure is already provided.

    Therefore all these old forums rank very high with ancient types of forum softwares… xenforo, vbulletin, phpbb… all from the Jurassic period…

    Just a quick note, Discord and Discourse are separate, unrelated platforms…

    @crazycells yes you are absolutly right but the forums need to improve byself. this is a technology age and all software language will improve itself, asp is dead. Nokia is dead 🙂

    We will see that another software will be beter than discord 🙂 it is an endless world 🙂

  • The real issue here is that most people consider forums to be “dead” in the sense that nobody uses them anymore, and social media groups have taken their place. Their once dominant stance in the 90’s and early 00’s will never be experienced again, but having said that, there are a number of forums that did in fact survive the social media onslaught, and still enjoy a large user base.

    Forums tend to be niche. One that immediately sticks out is Reddit - despite looking like it was designed in the 80s, it still has an enormous user base. Another is Stack Overflow, which needs no introduction. The key to any forum is the content it offers, and the more people whom contribute in terms of posting , the more popular and widely respected it becomes as a reliable source of information.

    Forums are still intensely popular with gamers, alongside those that offer tips on hacking etc.


Related Topics
  • Spam spam spam

    Solved Configure nodebb
    6
    2 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda said in Spam spam spam: ok, yes Ive seen the queue, it shows IP, but doesnt have a field for comments from registrant. It’s not designed for that. It merely serves as a gateway between posts appearing on your form or not. @Panda said in Spam spam spam: It would be better if nodebb had this plugin included in ACP list, as not only then do you know its approved and should work, but many people cant or dont want to use CLI on the server That’s a question for the NodeBB devs but in all honesty you can’t not use the CLI when installing nodebb so to be this isn’t a big deal.
  • Planned sunset of NTFY plugin

    Pinned Announcements push nodebb ntfy
    7
    1
    8 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    I’ve noticed that I’m the only one subscribed to the push notifications on this site. If you were using NTFY previously, and have noticed that you’ve not had any alerts for a while, it’s because this feature has been disabled. You’ll now need to use the push notification to replace NTFY as mentioned in the first post.
  • What plugins are being used here on Sudonix?

    Solved General nodebb plugins development
    6
    5 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @Roki-Antic Welcome! This site isn’t running Persona, but Harmony - a very heavily customised version at that. Do you have a URL where your site is currently located that is publicly accessible? Feel free to PM this info if you do not want to disclose here. Happy to help with any customisation needs.
  • Whitespace fixes in Nodebb

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    18
    2
    7 Votes
    18 Posts
    6k Views
    @Panda Just circling back here with something of an update (which I think you’ll like). I’ve completely restructured the ranking system. There are now less ranks, with a higher point threshold to reach them. More importantly, if you reload the site, you’ll notice that the ranks are now icons. I also removed the “Author” badge, and made this a single icon, which (to me) looks much better.
  • Upgrade Problem from 2.8.3 to 2.8.4

    Solved Configure nodebb
    35
    1
    8 Votes
    35 Posts
    10k Views
    @cagatay No, you can ignore that.
  • Custom badges

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    103
    2
    49 Votes
    103 Posts
    52k Views
    Perfect
  • Changing Background on NodeBB

    Solved Customisation background image nodebb
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @cagatay You’d target the body tag and use the below line of CSS background: url(/assets/customcss/backgrounds/default/default.png) no-repeat center center fixed; Obviously, you need to change the path to suit where your image is being stored. More info around the background property can be found here https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_background.php
  • Best forum software?

    Chitchat forum software
    28
    10 Votes
    28 Posts
    10k Views
    @marusaky Good post. The real issue with Flarum is that even the most minor of changes requires a extension, which is crazy. With NodeBB, you can make changes on the fly very easily, and without too much effort. There is an element of learning when it comes to making changes to any platform, but Javascript is not difficult at all once you get used to it, and there’s also extensive support for jQuery (and hundreds of code snippets on the internet you can easily adapt and tailor to your own needs) For years, phpBB used to reign supreme - now it’s incredibly dated, and always did have the most confusing admin panel I’ve ever seen.