Skip to content

What is this bar called?

Solved Customisation
92 3 37.3k 1
  • odd, no problem on desktop, just smartphone

  • @phenomlab

    It seems that code who caused problem :

    /* Menu Brand Header */
    @media (max-width: 767px)  {
      .socialicons {
        display: none !important;
      }
      [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
        display: inherit !important;
      }
      /* Button topic navbar header color */
      .sticky-tools .btn-ghost-sm i {
        color: var(--bs-alert-info-color) !important;
      }
    }
    

    If i delete :

    [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
      display: inherit !important;
    }
    

    Reading progress bar is good now but my icons (menu and theme swatch applet) dissapear 😞

    ae3e4cca-116b-4515-acff-ddcc71bc980f-image.png

  • @phenomlab

    It seems that code who caused problem :

    /* Menu Brand Header */
    @media (max-width: 767px)  {
      .socialicons {
        display: none !important;
      }
      [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
        display: inherit !important;
      }
      /* Button topic navbar header color */
      .sticky-tools .btn-ghost-sm i {
        color: var(--bs-alert-info-color) !important;
      }
    }
    

    If i delete :

    [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
      display: inherit !important;
    }
    

    Reading progress bar is good now but my icons (menu and theme swatch applet) dissapear 😞

    ae3e4cca-116b-4515-acff-ddcc71bc980f-image.png

    @DownPW I’d put that CSS back. It’s set like that for a reason, so you’ll need to be more specific with the target so you can unset.

  • Sorry but I do not understand too much @phenomlab because if I keep this code, the reading bar does not work on smartphone

  • Sorry but I do not understand too much @phenomlab because if I keep this code, the reading bar does not work on smartphone

    @DownPW what I mean is target from higher above so the CSS you apply to the end target is not the same as an existing element.

  • for brand header or for progress bar ?

  • for brand header or for progress bar ?

    @DownPW progress bar.

  • @phenomlab

    I just tested by deleting all the custom CSS code and keeping only the following CSS code

    #pageUp {
      display: inline-block;
      background: var(--bs-body-component-active);
      width: 50px;
      height: 50px;
      text-align: center;
      border-radius: 0.375rem;
      position: fixed;
      bottom: 70px;
      right: 80px;
      transition: background-color .3s, opacity .5s, visibility .5s;
      opacity: 0;
      visibility: hidden;
    }
    #pageUp.show {
      opacity: 1;
      visibility: visible;
      z-index: 10000;
      color: var(--bs-body-navbar-color) !important;
    }
    a#pageUp.show:hover {
      background: var(--bs-dropdown-link-hover-bg);
      border: 1px solid var(--bs-border-color);
    }
    a#pageUp i {
        position: absolute;
        top: 32%;
        left: 35%;
    }
    .reading-meter {
        position: fixed;
        width: 100%;
        top: 0;
        left: 0;
        right: 0;
        height: 2px !important;
    }
     
    div#readingposition {
        background-color: var(--bs-body-navbar) !important;
        color: var(--bs-body-color) !important;
        height: 2px;
        z-index: 1000;
    }
     
    .reading-meter-progress {
        border: 1px solid var(--bs-border-color);
        width: 100%;
    }
     
    .reading-meter-background {
        background: var(--bs-body-bg);
    }
     
    .reading-meter-progress-bar {
        background: var(--bs-progress-bg-bar);
        height: 2px;
    }
    input#percentage {
        display: none;
    }
     
    @media (max-width: 767px) {
        #pageUp {
            bottom: 60px;
            right: 30px;
          }
        }
     
     
     
     /* Menu Brand Header */
    @media (max-width: 767px)  {
      .socialicons {
        display: none !important;
      }
      [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
        display: inherit !important;
      }
      /* Button topic navbar header color */
      .sticky-tools .btn-ghost-sm i {
        color: var(--bs-alert-info-color) !important;
      }
    }
    

    There is clearly a conflict between his 2 codes.

  • What I don’t understand is that we have the same code and you don’t have this problem.

  • What I don’t understand is that we have the same code and you don’t have this problem.

    @DownPW this is the point I was trying to make about custom CSS.

  • @phenomlab

    I have find, it’s a zoom problem :

    If we zoom in on a page like the home page, even a tiny zoom invisible to the naked eye (which was my case), we end up with the bug described above.

    Solution: zoomed out to maximum

  • @phenomlab

    When I refresh the page or first visit, the Reading bar appear when she shouldn’t appear.
    An idea?

    Same things when I disable all the other custom CSS

    image.png

  • @phenomlab

    When I refresh the page or first visit, the Reading bar appear when she shouldn’t appear.
    An idea?

    Same things when I disable all the other custom CSS

    image.png

    @DownPW Let me have a look.

  • It’s weird @phenomlab because I tested by removing all the custom css except the reading bar and it’s the same.

    Have you testing without custom css for see that ?

    On custom JS maybe ?

  • It’s weird @phenomlab because I tested by removing all the custom css except the reading bar and it’s the same.

    Have you testing without custom css for see that ?

    On custom JS maybe ?

    @DownPW I am able to reproduce this, yes. There are some CSS classes missing

    .reading-meter {
        visibility: hidden;
    }
    .reading-meter.show {
        visibility: visible;
    }
    

    I’ve added these on your DEV server and updated the original post. Sorry 😕

  • No problem my friend, I won’t complain 😉

  • I saw another bug.

    This bug occurs on the home page. No problem on recent page for example

    When you scroll down (to go to the bottom of the page) and then click on the button at the bottom right, it goes up automatically but the reading bar in the header does not disappear

    here a video :

    blink.gif

  • I saw another bug.

    This bug occurs on the home page. No problem on recent page for example

    When you scroll down (to go to the bottom of the page) and then click on the button at the bottom right, it goes up automatically but the reading bar in the header does not disappear

    here a video :

    blink.gif

    @DownPW thanks. Not sure why that happens - I’ve not noticed it before! Will check.

  • @phenomlab

    just for info, same bug on tags page and groups page

  • @phenomlab

    just for info, same bug on tags page and groups page

    @DownPW Can you test this revised code for me please

    // Scroll to top function
    $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
        var matched = false;
        $(document).ready(function() {
            var pageUp = $('#pageUp');
            var bar = $('.reading-meter');
            var perWidth = $('.reading-meter').width();
            
            // Main progressbar function
            function pageScroller() {
            var winScroll = document.body.scrollTop || document.documentElement.scrollTop;
            var height = document.documentElement.scrollHeight - document.documentElement.clientHeight;
            var scrolled = (winScroll / height) * 100;
    
            document.getElementById("progress-bar").style.width = parseFloat(scrolled).toFixed(0) + "%";
            $('#percentage').val(parseFloat(scrolled).toFixed(0) + "%");
    
            // Prevent the mouse scroll wheel from scrolling down after the pageUp button is clicked
            if ($('#pageUp').is(':focus')) {
            event.preventDefault();
            }
        }
    
            // Bind the pageScroller function to the window's scroll event
            $(window).scroll(function() {
                pageScroller();
            });
    
            // Check the URL and composer visibility separately from the scroll event
            $(window).scroll(function() {
                var thisURL = window.location.href;
                var checkURL = ["topic", "notifications", "user"];
                var isFound = false;
                for (var i = 0, len = checkURL.length; i < len; i++) {
                    if (thisURL.indexOf(checkURL[i]) > -1) {
                        isFound = true;
                        break;
                    }
                }
                if (isFound) {
                    bar.removeClass('show');
                    pageUp.removeClass('show');
                } else {
                    // Exception here is that we don't want the scroll bar to show when the composer is active
                    if ($(window).scrollTop() > 0 && (!$('[component="composer"]').is(":visible"))) {
                        bar.addClass('show');
                        pageUp.addClass('show');
                    } else {
                        bar.removeClass('show');
                        pageUp.removeClass('show');
                    }
                }
            });
    
            // Scroll to top when #pageUp is clicked
            $(document).on("click", "#pageUp", function(e) {
                const firstTopic = $('[component="category/topic"][data-index="0"]');
                if (firstTopic.length) {
                    $("html").animate({
                        scrollTop: 0
                    }, '300');
                    return false;
                } else {
                    ajaxify.refresh();
                }
                $('#progress-bar').width(0);
                pageUp.removeClass('show');
            });
        });
    });
    

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • External Links - New Window

    Solved Customisation nodebb links settings
    8
    2 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    @Sampo2910 search the forum here for ogproxy which is the client side version of that plugin I wrote. It’s in use here on this forum.
  • Fixed background to nodebb forum

    Solved Configure nodebb
    25
    4 Votes
    25 Posts
    9k Views
    @Panda said in Fixed background to nodebb forum: Chatgpt told me the ::before method. Go figure
  • SEO and Nodebb

    Performance nodebb seo
    2
    2 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @Panda It’s the best it’s ever been to be honest. I’ve used a myriad of systems in the past - most notably, WordPress, and then Flarum (which for SEO, was absolutely dire - they never even had SEO out of the box, and relied on a third party extension to do it), and NodeBB easily fares the best - see below example https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asudonix.org&oq=site%3Asudonix.org&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i58j69i60l2.9039j0j3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#ip=1 However, this was not without significant effort on my part once I’d migrated from COM to ORG - see below posts https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17286/google-crawl-error-after-site-migration/17?_=1688461250365 And also https://support.google.com/webmasters/thread/221027803?hl=en&msgid=221464164 It was painful to say the least - as it turns out, there was an issue in NodeBB core that prevented spiders from getting to content, which as far as I understand, is now fixed. SEO in itself is a dark art - a black box that nobody really fully understands, and it’s essentially going to boil down to one thing - “content”. Google’s algorithm for indexing has also changed dramatically over the years. They only now crawl content that has value, so if it believes that your site has nothing to offer, it will simply skip it.
  • Smart Widgets

    Solved Configure nodebb
    9
    3 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    @Panda said in Smart Widgets: So why is that, or conversely why would the function to expose username ever be required, as it seems app.user is already an available global object? It is, yes, but not if you are using it outside of a widget. The function I wrote is also historical and comes from the 2.x train
  • NodeBB: Consent page

    Solved Configure nodebb consent
    16
    4 Votes
    16 Posts
    6k Views
    @DownPW I still do not see any issues.
  • NodeBB: Privileges for the Announcement channel

    Solved Configure nodebb
    6
    1
    1 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    Up to you really
  • Footer bar add center text

    Solved Customisation css
    41
    1
    8 Votes
    41 Posts
    17k Views
    @phenomlab said in Footer bar add center text: div#console-nav-tab Ah ok test with bottom: 0px !important; idem
  • NodeBB Theme/Skin Switcher

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    38
    7 Votes
    38 Posts
    15k Views
    @Teemberland great spot ! You should create a PR for that so they can include it in the official repository. Just be aware that any subsequent releases will overwrite your fix without the PR.