Skip to content

v3 & Harmony diary / thoughts / code snippets

Announcements
55 4 27.1k 1
  • Today’s playground 🙂

    c67e0b6c-b534-4306-8e58-dbe77e30c6a0-image.png

    Here’s a video… still needs a bit more work, but… 🙂 Notice the newer scroll and progress bar I was talking about earlier…

    https://sudonix.com/assets/uploads/files/footer-added.webm

    @phenomlab waiting 🙂

  • @phenomlab said in v3 / Harmony diary:

    Today’s playground 🙂

    c67e0b6c-b534-4306-8e58-dbe77e30c6a0-image.png

    Here’s a video… still needs a bit more work, but… 🙂 Notice the newer scroll and progress bar I was talking about earlier…

    https://sudonix.com/assets/uploads/files/footer-added.webm

    Hello Mark,

    I just tested the functioning of the scroll bar and I saw this bug:

    https://i.imgur.com/VQw5zw5.mp4

    It should be moved to the left so as not to encroach on the collapse button of the custom footer navbar.

    Then, when we play with the collapse button of the custom footer navbar we should:

    • When the custom footer navbar is deactivated: it sticks to the bottom right while not encroaching on the right sidebar. All this taking into account the collapse of the right sidebar (not obvious, I don’t know if I’m clear 🙂 )

    • When the custom footer navbar is activated: it moves just to the left of the floatright block or can be above the floatright block?

    The solution may be less difficult to code would be to make a vertical scrollbar inside the right sidebar like in topics. There might be less to manage

    Keep the good work my friend 😉

  • @phenomlab said in v3 / Harmony diary:

    Today’s playground 🙂

    c67e0b6c-b534-4306-8e58-dbe77e30c6a0-image.png

    Here’s a video… still needs a bit more work, but… 🙂 Notice the newer scroll and progress bar I was talking about earlier…

    https://sudonix.com/assets/uploads/files/footer-added.webm

    Hello Mark,

    I just tested the functioning of the scroll bar and I saw this bug:

    https://i.imgur.com/VQw5zw5.mp4

    It should be moved to the left so as not to encroach on the collapse button of the custom footer navbar.

    Then, when we play with the collapse button of the custom footer navbar we should:

    • When the custom footer navbar is deactivated: it sticks to the bottom right while not encroaching on the right sidebar. All this taking into account the collapse of the right sidebar (not obvious, I don’t know if I’m clear 🙂 )

    • When the custom footer navbar is activated: it moves just to the left of the floatright block or can be above the floatright block?

    The solution may be less difficult to code would be to make a vertical scrollbar inside the right sidebar like in topics. There might be less to manage

    Keep the good work my friend 😉

  • @phenomlab said in v3 / Harmony diary:

    Today’s playground 🙂

    c67e0b6c-b534-4306-8e58-dbe77e30c6a0-image.png

    Here’s a video… still needs a bit more work, but… 🙂 Notice the newer scroll and progress bar I was talking about earlier…

    https://sudonix.com/assets/uploads/files/footer-added.webm

    Hello Mark,

    I just tested the functioning of the scroll bar and I saw this bug:

    https://i.imgur.com/VQw5zw5.mp4

    It should be moved to the left so as not to encroach on the collapse button of the custom footer navbar.

    Then, when we play with the collapse button of the custom footer navbar we should:

    • When the custom footer navbar is deactivated: it sticks to the bottom right while not encroaching on the right sidebar. All this taking into account the collapse of the right sidebar (not obvious, I don’t know if I’m clear 🙂 )

    • When the custom footer navbar is activated: it moves just to the left of the floatright block or can be above the floatright block?

    The solution may be less difficult to code would be to make a vertical scrollbar inside the right sidebar like in topics. There might be less to manage

    Keep the good work my friend 😉

    @DownPW fixed in Dev. Have a look. Many improvements and I think you’ll like it. Try it on both desktop and mobile.

  • @phenomlab said in v3 / Harmony diary:

    Today’s playground 🙂

    c67e0b6c-b534-4306-8e58-dbe77e30c6a0-image.png

    Here’s a video… still needs a bit more work, but… 🙂 Notice the newer scroll and progress bar I was talking about earlier…

    https://sudonix.com/assets/uploads/files/footer-added.webm

    Hello Mark,

    I just tested the functioning of the scroll bar and I saw this bug:

    https://i.imgur.com/VQw5zw5.mp4

    It should be moved to the left so as not to encroach on the collapse button of the custom footer navbar.

    Then, when we play with the collapse button of the custom footer navbar we should:

    • When the custom footer navbar is deactivated: it sticks to the bottom right while not encroaching on the right sidebar. All this taking into account the collapse of the right sidebar (not obvious, I don’t know if I’m clear 🙂 )

    • When the custom footer navbar is activated: it moves just to the left of the floatright block or can be above the floatright block?

    The solution may be less difficult to code would be to make a vertical scrollbar inside the right sidebar like in topics. There might be less to manage

    Keep the good work my friend 😉

    @DownPW said in v3 / Harmony diary:

    The solution may be less difficult to code would be to make a vertical scrollbar inside the right sidebar like in topics. There might be less to manage

    Nope. The newest version of Harmony appears to have the same pagination as Flarum and Discourse, so it’s been moved into the content area 😁

  • @DownPW said in v3 / Harmony diary:

    The solution may be less difficult to code would be to make a vertical scrollbar inside the right sidebar like in topics. There might be less to manage

    Nope. The newest version of Harmony appears to have the same pagination as Flarum and Discourse, so it’s been moved into the content area 😁

    @phenomlab

    yessss fixed. Love it 😁 😍

  • @phenomlab

    yessss fixed. Love it 😁 😍

    @phenomlab

    No javascript ?

    I wanted to inspect the code but I can’t find any JS

  • @phenomlab

    No javascript ?

    I wanted to inspect the code but I can’t find any JS

    @DownPW it’s definitely there. Won’t work without it 😉

  • @DownPW it’s definitely there. Won’t work without it 😉

    @phenomlab

    I guess, I don’t find it in inspector lol .I will search 🙂

  • @phenomlab

    I guess, I don’t find it in inspector lol .I will search 🙂

    @phenomlab

    Can I test it on my dev env ?

    EDIT: I test it. If you don’t want tell me Mark

    If I have problem, can I ask you @phenomlab ?

  • @phenomlab

    Can I test it on my dev env ?

    EDIT: I test it. If you don’t want tell me Mark

    If I have problem, can I ask you @phenomlab ?

    @DownPW no problems.

  • @phenomlab said in v3 / Harmony diary:

    @DownPW no problems.

    Seems I miss something 😑 @phenomlab but good start 😉

    [- https://i.imgur.com/cN0YeN0.mp4 -]

    EDIT: Maybe find

    EDIT 2: @phenomlab

    Find --> I have forget toAbove and toBottom css directives
    It’s better now, just seems toBottom doesn’t work :

    b64bdc12-435e-468d-9818-c966b4cbc148-image.png

    .toBottom {
      bottom: 0px !important;
      right: 0px!important;
    }
    
    .toAbove {
      bottom: -5px !important;
      right: 400px !important;
    }
    
  • @phenomlab said in v3 / Harmony diary:

    @DownPW no problems.

    Seems I miss something 😑 @phenomlab but good start 😉

    [- https://i.imgur.com/cN0YeN0.mp4 -]

    EDIT: Maybe find

    EDIT 2: @phenomlab

    Find --> I have forget toAbove and toBottom css directives
    It’s better now, just seems toBottom doesn’t work :

    b64bdc12-435e-468d-9818-c966b4cbc148-image.png

    .toBottom {
      bottom: 0px !important;
      right: 0px!important;
    }
    
    .toAbove {
      bottom: -5px !important;
      right: 400px !important;
    }
    

    @DownPW likely you are missing z-index on that class. As you are using position: absolute the index is needed to bring that specific element forward. By default, it’ll sit behind the progress bar meaning it cannot be clicked, but can be seen.

  • @DownPW likely you are missing z-index on that class. As you are using position: absolute the index is needed to bring that specific element forward. By default, it’ll sit behind the progress bar meaning it cannot be clicked, but can be seen.

    @phenomlab

    Thanks for your reply my friend 😉

    I will test tomorrow and again, it’s a very great job, I like it a lot.

  • @phenomlab

    Thanks for your reply my friend 😉

    I will test tomorrow and again, it’s a very great job, I like it a lot.

    @DownPW no problems. Let me know if you have issues and I can take a look. Can’t release the code formally yet as it’s still beta (and does have very minor bugs).

  • @DownPW no problems. Let me know if you have issues and I can take a look. Can’t release the code formally yet as it’s still beta (and does have very minor bugs).

    Not sure why, but for a while I’ve been looking at the size of the CSS file that runs the dev site, and I couldn’t understand why it was almost twice the size of what it should be in terms of overall lines.

    This eventually got the better of me and I landed up going through the file and removing what appears to be a large amount of duplicated CSS. I primarily work offline using VSCode (my go-to editor), but periodically “fix” things on the fly. The problem with this is that if you make changes online then copy these from the CSS editor in the ACP back to VSCode, they seem to be copied twice - in other words, appended to the existing file despite all text being selected, which should in fact overwrite, but it doesn’t 😱

    Just something for everyone else to watch out for. I spent a fair amount of time this afternoon purging duplicate classes, and the end result is a much leaner file.

  • Not sure why, but for a while I’ve been looking at the size of the CSS file that runs the dev site, and I couldn’t understand why it was almost twice the size of what it should be in terms of overall lines.

    This eventually got the better of me and I landed up going through the file and removing what appears to be a large amount of duplicated CSS. I primarily work offline using VSCode (my go-to editor), but periodically “fix” things on the fly. The problem with this is that if you make changes online then copy these from the CSS editor in the ACP back to VSCode, they seem to be copied twice - in other words, appended to the existing file despite all text being selected, which should in fact overwrite, but it doesn’t 😱

    Just something for everyone else to watch out for. I spent a fair amount of time this afternoon purging duplicate classes, and the end result is a much leaner file.

    Thanks to @cagatay for finding a bug with the CSS in relation to tags in DEV. This has been fixed. I also found another bug whilst addressing this one in the sense that the progress bar on mobile (and desktop, but limited intrusion) shows over the tag div when the composer is active.

    Changed the scrollbar function so that it does not fire if the composer is visible. Here’s the block of code that detects if it’s active or not

                if ($(window).scrollTop() > 0 && (!$('[component="composer"]').is(":visible"))) {
                    bar.addClass('show');
                } else {
                    bar.removeClass('show');
                }
    

    Above, we now have 2 conditions. The first is to fire only if the top marker is higher than 0 - for example, hide if we are at the top of the screen. The second condition is that we also only fire if the composer isn’t active - detected by is(":visible")

    Keep 'em coming in terms of identified bugs - reporting them is much appreciated.

  • Thanks to @cagatay for finding a bug with the CSS in relation to tags in DEV. This has been fixed. I also found another bug whilst addressing this one in the sense that the progress bar on mobile (and desktop, but limited intrusion) shows over the tag div when the composer is active.

    Changed the scrollbar function so that it does not fire if the composer is visible. Here’s the block of code that detects if it’s active or not

                if ($(window).scrollTop() > 0 && (!$('[component="composer"]').is(":visible"))) {
                    bar.addClass('show');
                } else {
                    bar.removeClass('show');
                }
    

    Above, we now have 2 conditions. The first is to fire only if the top marker is higher than 0 - for example, hide if we are at the top of the screen. The second condition is that we also only fire if the composer isn’t active - detected by is(":visible")

    Keep 'em coming in terms of identified bugs - reporting them is much appreciated.

    Hello @phenomlab

    I keep working on my CSS
    On v2, I displayed user groups in topics like this :

    923b452b-29cc-4ca1-82ac-a4348d3f5312-image.png

    but I can’t seem to get any result. I can’t target the right element

    Ideas ?

    Many thanks

  • Hello @phenomlab

    I keep working on my CSS
    On v2, I displayed user groups in topics like this :

    923b452b-29cc-4ca1-82ac-a4348d3f5312-image.png

    but I can’t seem to get any result. I can’t target the right element

    Ideas ?

    Many thanks

    @DownPW hmm. Haven’t tried this myself (yet) but will have a look later this afternoon.

  • Hello @phenomlab

    I keep working on my CSS
    On v2, I displayed user groups in topics like this :

    923b452b-29cc-4ca1-82ac-a4348d3f5312-image.png

    but I can’t seem to get any result. I can’t target the right element

    Ideas ?

    Many thanks

    @DownPW This should work under v3

    a.badge.rounded-1.text-uppercase.text-truncate.text-decoration-none {
        border-radius: 999px !important;
        margin-left: -10px;
        width: 22px;
        max-width: 22px;
    }
    

Related Topics
  • Spam spam spam

    Solved Configure nodebb
    6
    2 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda said in Spam spam spam: ok, yes Ive seen the queue, it shows IP, but doesnt have a field for comments from registrant. It’s not designed for that. It merely serves as a gateway between posts appearing on your form or not. @Panda said in Spam spam spam: It would be better if nodebb had this plugin included in ACP list, as not only then do you know its approved and should work, but many people cant or dont want to use CLI on the server That’s a question for the NodeBB devs but in all honesty you can’t not use the CLI when installing nodebb so to be this isn’t a big deal.
  • Page control arrows for PWA

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    27
    25 Votes
    27 Posts
    13k Views
    @crazycells it is, yes - I think I’ll leave it as there is no specific PWA CSS classes I know of. Well, you could use something like the below, but this means multiple CSS files for different operating systems. /** * Determine the mobile operating system. * This function returns one of 'iOS', 'Android', 'Windows Phone', or 'unknown'. * * @returns {String} */ function getMobileOperatingSystem() { var userAgent = navigator.userAgent || navigator.vendor || window.opera; // Windows Phone must come first because its UA also contains "Android" if (/windows phone/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Windows Phone"; } if (/android/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Android"; } if (/iPad|iPhone|iPod/.test(userAgent) && !window.MSStream) { return "iOS"; } return "unknown"; // return “Android” - one should either handle the unknown or fallback to a specific platform, let’s say Android } Once you’re in that rabbit hole, it’s impossible to get out of it.
  • Nodebb icon on google page

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    9
    1
    4 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    @Panda It’s been raised multiple times, but only for the open source version, and not hosted.
  • New Code Repository

    Announcements code gist github
    2
    3 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @phenomlab very nice and useful idea [image: bravo-xd.gif]
  • Rebranding / other changes

    Announcements branding domain
    42
    33 Votes
    42 Posts
    17k Views
    @crazycells said in Rebranding / other changes: thanks for the info you gave, I need to transfer this info to our dev team No problems - let me know if you need any other info.
  • NodeBB v3

    Announcements nodebb v3 nodebb
    2
    3 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @cagatay JS will work fine - no changes there, and there are no plans to drop support for jQuery. More of an issue is the CSS - for which there are quite a few breaking changes. Keep an eye on sudonix.dev (my development site) where you can see progress in relation to how I am tackling the compatibility issues.
  • NodeBB Design help

    Solved Customisation
    8
    3
    2 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    @riekmedia I’ve applied some new CSS to your site. Can you reload the page and try again ? For the record, this is what I added #footer { background: #2d343e; border-top: 4px solid #2d343e; font-size: 0.9em; margin-top: 70px; padding: 80px 0 0; position: relative; clear: both; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; z-index: 1000; margin-left: -15px; margin-right: -338px; } The /categories page seems a bit messed up, so looking at that currently EDIT - issued some override CSS in the CATEGORIES widget <!--- CSS fix for overspill on /categories page - DO NOT DELETE --> <style> #footer { margin-right: -45px; } </style> That should resolve the /categories issue.
  • Easier to read code and pre blocks

    Announcements code pre
    1
    1 Votes
    1 Posts
    851 Views
    No one has replied