Skip to content

[NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS

Solved Customisation
258 5 148.8k 3
  • @baris said:

    You should change your selectors so it doesn’t look at the entire document. You probably only want to apply fancybox to stuff inside the #content element which is what changes when the user navigates around the page. So use $('#content a').... for your selectors then the forum logo in the header won’t be selected.

    I modified the JS Fancybox code now and this code and it seem better 🙂

    // ---------------------------------------------
    // Fancybox Media Reader (Without Website Logo)
    // ---------------------------------------------
    
    if (top.location.pathname !== '/login') {
        $(window).on('action:posts.loaded', function(data) {
            console.log("Polling DOM for lazyLoaded images to apply Fancybox");
            $(document).ready(function() {
                $('#content a').not('.forum-logo').not(".avatar").not(".emoji").not(".bmac-noanimate").each(function() {
                    $('#content a[href*=".jpg"], #content a[href*=".jpeg"], #content a[href*=".png"], #content a[href*=".gif"], #content a[href*=".webp"]').addClass("noanimate");
                });
            });
        });
    }
    
    if (top.location.pathname !== '/login') {
        $(document).ready(function() {
            $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
                $('#content a').not('.logo').not(".avatar").not(".emoji").not(".bmac-noanimate").each(function() {
                    $('#content a[href*=".jpg"], #content a[href*=".jpeg"], #content a[href*=".png"], #content a[href*=".gif"], #content a[href*=".webp"]').addClass("noanimate");
                    data.preventDefault()
                    // Strip out the images contained inside blockquotes as this looks nasty :)
                    $('#content blockquote img').remove();
                });
                Fancybox.bind(
                    '#content a[href*=".jpg"], #content a[href*=".jpeg"], #content a[href*=".png"], #content a[href*=".gif"], #content a[href*=".webp"]',
                    {
                        groupAll: true,
                    }
                );
            });
        });
    }
    
    // Chat fancybox - fires when chat module loaded and AJAX calls new chat
    $(document).ready(function() {
        $(window).on('action:chat.loaded', function(data) {
            // >>> Se limiter au contenu principal uniquement <<<
            $('#content img').not('.forum-logo').not(".avatar").not(".emoji").not(".bmac-noanimate").each(function() {
                var newHref = $(this).attr("src");
                $(this).wrap("<a class='fancybox' href='" + newHref + "'/>");
                $('#content a[href*=".jpg"], #content a[href*=".jpeg"], #content a[href*=".png"], #content a[href*=".gif"], #content a[href*=".webp"]').addClass("noanimate");
                data.preventDefault();
                // Strip out the images contained inside blockquotes as this looks nasty :)
                $('#content blockquote img').remove();
            });
            Fancybox.bind(
                '#content a[href*=".jpg"], #content a[href*=".jpeg"], #content a[href*=".png"], #content a[href*=".gif"], #content a[href*=".webp"]',
                {
                    groupAll: true,
                }
            );
        });
    });
    

    For the logo, I must use overflow: visible !important; on [component="brand/logo"]

    /* --- Logo --- */
    [component="brand/logo"] {
      max-height: 50px;
      width: auto;
      height: auto;
      max-width: 100%;     
      display: block;
      object-fit: contain;  
      object-position: left center;
      overflow: visible !important;
    }
    

    Better result !!

  • 23121622-50c4-4820-9df3-2c0f1673e070-image.jpeg

    Since the latest update, all my icons have disappeared. Could you please advise how to restore them?

  • You use custom version of Font Awesome ?

  • yes @downpw

  • @cagatay said:

    yes @downpw

    So is taht the problem.
    The core migrated to FA6 and no longer automatically includes the compatibility layers. The all.css alone is no longer enough because it only loads icons in native FA6 syntax (fa-solid, fa-regular, etc.). Your old icons using FA4 syntax (fa fa-something) are no longer recognized without the shims.

    Hence the need for the three files:

    • all.css: the FA6 icons themselves
    • v4-shims.css: the mapping table that remaps the old FA4 names to their FA6 equivalents (many icons were renamed between FA4 and FA6)
    • v4-font-face.css: redeclares the FontAwesome @font-face with the old family names (FontAwesome instead of "Font Awesome 6 Pro"), so CSS selectors targeting the old font-family keep resolving

    So if your customs still use FA4 syntax, all three are required.

    I load my Custom FA like this in my ACP/Headers :

    <link href="/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome.Pro.6.x.x/css/all.css" rel="stylesheet" />
    <link href="/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome.Pro.6.x.x/css/v4-shims.css" rel="stylesheet" />
    <link href="/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome.Pro.6.x.x/css/v4-font-face.css" rel="stylesheet" />
    
  • how i create those folders. i added ACP/HEADERS the codes but not working.

  • how i create those folders. i added ACP/HEADERS the codes but not working.

    @cagatay said:

    how i create those folders. i added ACP/HEADERS the codes but not working.

    Adapt path to your custom installation. I don’t know where is your custom FA Folder nor how you use it

  • You need to load your Font Awesome CSS files by adjusting this code to the path where you saved them.

    But honestly, I don’t know how you’ve configured your site in this regard.

  • <meta http-equiv=“Content-Type” content=“text/html; charset=utf-8” />
    <link href=“/assets/fonts/fonts.min.css?version=1” rel=“stylesheet”>
    <link href=“/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome.Pro.6.x.x/css/all.css” rel=“stylesheet” />
    <link href=“/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome.Pro.6.x.x/css/v4-shims.css” rel=“stylesheet” />
    <link href=“/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome.Pro.6.x.x/css/v4-font-face.css” rel=“stylesheet” />
    <script src=“https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/@fancyapps/ui@5.0/dist/fancybox/fancybox.umd.js”></script>
    <link rel=“stylesheet” href=“https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/@fancyapps/ui@5.0/dist/fancybox/fancybox.css”/>
    <a id=“pageUp” class=“”><i class=“fas fa-chevron-up”></i></a>
    <div id=“readingposition” class=“reading-meter” style=“bottom: 0px;”>
    <div class=“reading-meter-background rounded-1 border border-gray-300 ready”>
    <div class=“reading-meter-progress-bar rounded-1” id=“progress-bar”>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

    what i have now

  • <meta http-equiv=“Content-Type” content=“text/html; charset=utf-8” />
    <link href=“/assets/fonts/fonts.min.css?version=1” rel=“stylesheet”>
    <link href=“/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome.Pro.6.x.x/css/all.css” rel=“stylesheet” />
    <link href=“/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome.Pro.6.x.x/css/v4-shims.css” rel=“stylesheet” />
    <link href=“/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome.Pro.6.x.x/css/v4-font-face.css” rel=“stylesheet” />
    <script src=“https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/@fancyapps/ui@5.0/dist/fancybox/fancybox.umd.js”></script>
    <link rel=“stylesheet” href=“https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/@fancyapps/ui@5.0/dist/fancybox/fancybox.css”/>
    <a id=“pageUp” class=“”><i class=“fas fa-chevron-up”></i></a>
    <div id=“readingposition” class=“reading-meter” style=“bottom: 0px;”>
    <div class=“reading-meter-background rounded-1 border border-gray-300 ready”>
    <div class=“reading-meter-progress-bar rounded-1” id=“progress-bar”>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

    what i have now

    @cagatay if you look in the console (developers console in browser) do you see any error messages being returned?

    Linux is case sensitive, and it’s possible to have the same filename and folder name in upper and lower case.

    I suspect this might be the issue, but I could be wrong.

  • Mark, the situation is that since I used your CSS files, I don’t even have the Frontawese folder. Because of that, I really need your direct help. I’d really appreciate it if you could take a look whenever you have some free time.

  • Hi Mark, hope you’re doing well. Are you going to be able to help me with this?

  • Hi Mark, hope you’re doing well. Are you going to be able to help me with this?

    @cagatay Just looking at this now. Do you have a FA Pro 6 license, or are you trying to use the free version? It’s not immediately clear, and the directory structure on your server is a mess to be honest. Not sure what has happened here.

    EDIT - I have it working. DM me.

  • thank you Mark.

  • so what is the problem of @cagatay mark @phenomlab ?

  • i do not know 🙂 Mark resolved.

  • so what is the problem of @cagatay mark @phenomlab ?

    @DownPW the FA library was missing with no paths defined. I’ve set these in the headers and uploaded the source, including necessary shim files which resolves the issue.

  • OK
    Likely deleted by mistake from the NodeBB ACP headers.

  • OK
    Likely deleted by mistake from the NodeBB ACP headers.

    @DownPW Possibly, but the source files were also missing, and @cagatay has a custom theme developed by me.

  • fa0eee3c-239c-4d9b-b8c9-7fd7d7cbbd7c-image.jpeg

    Hi, the active users are not showing correctly. Instead of the usernames, I’m seeing code. What should I do to fix this?


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • NodeBB: The global Search option

    Solved Configure search nodebb
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    1k Views
    @mventures Yes, exactly. The other icon will restart NodeBB whilst the first icon I referenced will rebuild (recompile) it. The huge strength of NodeBB over Flarum (for example) is that the code is precompiled, and called once at boot. PHP’s code has to repeatedly reload code from source making it much slower.
  • who is read NodeBB

    Customisation read post nodebb
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @cagatay You should ask in the NodeBB forums. Perhaps reference this post https://discuss.flarum.org/d/23066-who-read
  • NodeBB v3

    Announcements nodebb v3 nodebb
    2
    3 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @cagatay JS will work fine - no changes there, and there are no plans to drop support for jQuery. More of an issue is the CSS - for which there are quite a few breaking changes. Keep an eye on sudonix.dev (my development site) where you can see progress in relation to how I am tackling the compatibility issues.
  • [NodeBB] Custom fields plugin

    Unsolved Customisation nodebb plugins javascript custom
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @pwsincd hi. Just following up on this thread (I know it’s old) but was curious to understand if it’s still an issue or not ?
  • 4 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    @DownPW done
  • [NODEBB] CSS Style Sheets SelectBox

    Locked Solved Customisation css
    112
    24 Votes
    112 Posts
    58k Views
    @DownPW as discussed in PM Seems to have been solved with the new JS code that you added allowing the version CSS file change!! Cache problem therefore with the JS of the Switcher theme Based on this, I will close this thread and reference https://sudonix.com/topic/207/nodebb-help-for-my-custom-css/27
  • nodebb dropdown menu

    Solved Configure nodebb
    5
    1
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab said in nodebb dropdown menu: @kurulumu-net You set it like the below example taken from this site [image: 1637939951821-aae36790-3257-4bb2-ad5a-0d744309876a-image.png] Which presents this [image: 1637939983445-77f47260-2941-4afe-9614-8e17dcfc8c19-image.png] Very interesting… I actually thought this wasn’t possible, as I remember it being asked in the NodeBB forum. Is this something new that’s been implemented? I’ll 100% be doing that when I’m on the laptop over the weekend.
  • NodeBB Design help

    Solved Customisation
    8
    3
    2 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    @riekmedia I’ve applied some new CSS to your site. Can you reload the page and try again ? For the record, this is what I added #footer { background: #2d343e; border-top: 4px solid #2d343e; font-size: 0.9em; margin-top: 70px; padding: 80px 0 0; position: relative; clear: both; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; z-index: 1000; margin-left: -15px; margin-right: -338px; } The /categories page seems a bit messed up, so looking at that currently EDIT - issued some override CSS in the CATEGORIES widget <!--- CSS fix for overspill on /categories page - DO NOT DELETE --> <style> #footer { margin-right: -45px; } </style> That should resolve the /categories issue.