Skip to content

[NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS

Solved Customisation
258 5 148.9k 3
  • @phenomlab Doesn’t work

    @DownPW can you also change background from black to #000000

  • yes I have test too…

    I have test too to disable all custom CSS on nodebb acp and delete all css code on file css theme with just
    .categories > li, .category > ul > li {
    active and it’s the same…

    delete cache too and logout/login

  • yes I have test too…

    I have test too to disable all custom CSS on nodebb acp and delete all css code on file css theme with just
    .categories > li, .category > ul > li {
    active and it’s the same…

    delete cache too and logout/login

    @DownPW is there a URL where I can check this ? Might not be this evening, but definitely tomorrow am.

  • like as usual 😉

  • like as usual 😉

    @DownPW Try this

    @media (max-width: 768px) {
    .slideout-panel {
        margin-right: 1px;
    }
    }
    

    The issue here is how other mobile browsers interpret the padding on the slideout panel, so we need to “patch” it so that those browsers can use the forced margin instead.

  • great it works great 🙂

    You had to see this stuff !!

    You are too strong as usual Mark.

    Many Thanks 👍

  • Hello Mark 😉

    I use this css code for reduce the image size :

    .topic .posts .content .img-responsive {
        max-width: 45%;
        width: auto;
        padding: 1px;
        border-radius: 4px;
        border: 1px solid #c3c3c3;
        background-color: #F5F5F5;
        margin-top: 5px;
        margin-bottom: 5px;
    }
    

    Would it be possible to have a separate max size just for GIFs extension files (.gif) ?
    I would like the gifs to be smaller than the images

    Thanks in advance @phenomlab 😉

  • Hello Mark 😉

    I use this css code for reduce the image size :

    .topic .posts .content .img-responsive {
        max-width: 45%;
        width: auto;
        padding: 1px;
        border-radius: 4px;
        border: 1px solid #c3c3c3;
        background-color: #F5F5F5;
        margin-top: 5px;
        margin-bottom: 5px;
    }
    

    Would it be possible to have a separate max size just for GIFs extension files (.gif) ?
    I would like the gifs to be smaller than the images

    Thanks in advance @phenomlab 😉

    @DownPW Possible, yes, but it may be a little on the “greedy” side.

    Try this - obviously, remove the red border I used for testing and add your own code

    img[src$="gif"] {
        border: 10px solid red !important;
    }
    

    This is also very useful as a reference

    https://css-tricks.com/almanac/selectors/a/attribute/

  • @DownPW Possible, yes, but it may be a little on the “greedy” side.

    Try this - obviously, remove the red border I used for testing and add your own code

    img[src$="gif"] {
        border: 10px solid red !important;
    }
    

    This is also very useful as a reference

    https://css-tricks.com/almanac/selectors/a/attribute/

    @phenomlab said in [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS:

    @DownPW Possible, yes, but it may be a little on the “greedy” side.

    Try this - obviously, remove the red border I used for testing and add your own code

    img[src$="gif"] {
        border: 10px solid red !important;
    }
    

    This is also very useful as a reference

    https://css-tricks.com/almanac/selectors/a/attribute/

    –> it seem to work with this code: 🙂

    /* max-width for IMG Files */
    .topic .posts .content .img-responsive {
        max-width: 45%;
    }
    
    /* max-width for GIF Files */
    .topic .posts .content .img-responsive[src$="gif"] {
        max-width: 10% !important;
    }
    

    Thanks @phenomlab for the attribute that I don’t find 😉

  • Hello @phenomlab

    It’s possible to add video background (mp4 for example)on nodebb for one theme and not for the other?

  • Hello @phenomlab

    It’s possible to add video background (mp4 for example)on nodebb for one theme and not for the other?

    @DownPW yes, but you have to be careful with performance. This can impact the loading of the site depending on the size of the MP4 file and where it is being accessed from.

  • @DownPW yes, but you have to be careful with performance. This can impact the loading of the site depending on the size of the MP4 file and where it is being accessed from.

    @phenomlab said in [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS:

    @DownPW yes, but you have to be careful with performance. This can impact the loading of the site depending on the size of the MP4 file and where it is being accessed from.

    File accessible on the server and 22.6 mo

    How can I 'm doing this for testing?

  • @phenomlab said in [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS:

    @DownPW yes, but you have to be careful with performance. This can impact the loading of the site depending on the size of the MP4 file and where it is being accessed from.

    File accessible on the server and 22.6 mo

    How can I 'm doing this for testing?

    @DownPW Something like this would work

    <video autoplay muted loop id="bg-video">
      <source src="file.mp4" type="video/mp4">
      Your browser does not support HTML5 video.
    </video>
    

    Then some CSS which you’ll need to play with (this is an example)

    #bg-video{
      position: fixed;
      right: 0;
      bottom: 0;
      min-width: 100%; 
      min-height: 100%;
    }
    
  • hello @phenomlab

    I have a very odd bug that I didn’t have before

    I have images and background color defined for each category

    when I open a new topic, the fa icon on the bottom left taskbar does not appear like when I reply to a topic

    Here a gif too see the problem :

    new topic.gif

    And here is the result I want:

    4557001f-9b28-4a10-84e4-46d0dcffe20d-image.png

    I have tried to play with the color or z-index variable in css but nothing works

    I tried disabling the custom CSS on ACP but it’s the same. clear the cache = same

    Have you an idea ?

    You can test on production forum

  • hello @phenomlab

    I have a very odd bug that I didn’t have before

    I have images and background color defined for each category

    when I open a new topic, the fa icon on the bottom left taskbar does not appear like when I reply to a topic

    Here a gif too see the problem :

    new topic.gif

    And here is the result I want:

    4557001f-9b28-4a10-84e4-46d0dcffe20d-image.png

    I have tried to play with the color or z-index variable in css but nothing works

    I tried disabling the custom CSS on ACP but it’s the same. clear the cache = same

    Have you an idea ?

    You can test on production forum

    @DownPW I can’t see the images or videos, but I’ll have a look on your production site.

  • hello @phenomlab

    I have a very odd bug that I didn’t have before

    I have images and background color defined for each category

    when I open a new topic, the fa icon on the bottom left taskbar does not appear like when I reply to a topic

    Here a gif too see the problem :

    new topic.gif

    And here is the result I want:

    4557001f-9b28-4a10-84e4-46d0dcffe20d-image.png

    I have tried to play with the color or z-index variable in css but nothing works

    I tried disabling the custom CSS on ACP but it’s the same. clear the cache = same

    Have you an idea ?

    You can test on production forum

    @DownPW Seems to come from this code

    66521fca-2e73-4d69-820e-2915f1ecd948-image.png

    It should look like this

    bf8b00ba-a92e-4475-afc1-a6f7e7184373-image.png

    Do you have any custom JS that is altering this, or perhaps a plugin ?

  • I will test without css, js, header and it’s the same 😞

  • I will test without css, js, header and it’s the same 😞

    @DownPW What plugins do you have installed ?

  • Active plugins:

        * @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@1.0.2 (installed, enabled)
        * @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-user-level@1.0.4 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-beep@0.4.7 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-browsing-users@2.0.4 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-cards@0.3.1 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-composer-default@9.1.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-dbsearch@5.1.5 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.4 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-emoji-apple@3.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@1.6.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-global-chat@2.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-iframely@0.7.16 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-imgur@2.0.5 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-markdown@10.1.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-mentions@3.0.11 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-ns-embed@6.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-poll@2.0.6 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-question-and-answer@0.12.25 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-recent-cards@2.0.22 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-spam-be-gone@1.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-tenor-gif@2.2.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-twitter@0.1.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-ws-dice@2.4.2 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-rewards-essentials@0.2.1 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-theme-persona@12.1.1 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-widget-essentials@6.0.0 (installed, enabled)
    
  • Active plugins:

        * @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@1.0.2 (installed, enabled)
        * @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-user-level@1.0.4 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-beep@0.4.7 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-browsing-users@2.0.4 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-cards@0.3.1 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-composer-default@9.1.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-dbsearch@5.1.5 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.4 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-emoji-apple@3.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@1.6.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-global-chat@2.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-iframely@0.7.16 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-imgur@2.0.5 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-markdown@10.1.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-mentions@3.0.11 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-ns-embed@6.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-poll@2.0.6 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-question-and-answer@0.12.25 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-recent-cards@2.0.22 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-spam-be-gone@1.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-tenor-gif@2.2.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-twitter@0.1.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-ws-dice@2.4.2 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-rewards-essentials@0.2.1 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-theme-persona@12.1.1 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-widget-essentials@6.0.0 (installed, enabled)
    

    @DownPW This is going to be painful, but it’s possible that one of these plugins is the cause. Have you tried disabling each one to see if the issue subsides ?


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • Planned sunset of NTFY plugin

    Pinned Announcements push nodebb ntfy
    7
    1
    8 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    I’ve noticed that I’m the only one subscribed to the push notifications on this site. If you were using NTFY previously, and have noticed that you’ve not had any alerts for a while, it’s because this feature has been disabled. You’ll now need to use the push notification to replace NTFY as mentioned in the first post.
  • 3 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    @kadir-ay-0 marking as resolved based on https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17109/manual-build-a-night-mode-for-harmony/5 Please do not raise requests in two places - here and the NodeBB forums. All this does is create unnecessary load for both parties.
  • 36 Votes
    55 Posts
    27k Views
    @DownPW I see why. The code relies on the existence of [component="topic/quickreply/container"] However, this by definition means that the below has to be enabled [image: 1679077966615-aeef638f-4188-489d-a9f2-f3a26dbca9d8-image.png] It will then work [image: 1679077992245-7fb38631-e0f3-46ef-b652-00929d927b13-image.png] For some unknown reason, this is hidden in Harmony, and only shows if you select it. In v2, it seems that the <section> is deleted altogether in Persona if “Quick Reply” is disabled, meaning it won’t fire as it can’t locate that specific component. The downside is that you might not want the quick reply function, but I think it’s a PITA to scroll up to the top of the post just to reply, so I have it on
  • Gettin Erors NodeBB

    Solved Configure nodebb eror
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab no forum is working goods. there is no eror message since yestarday.
  • Forum Icons NodeBB

    Solved Customisation icons forum nodebb
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    4k Views
    @cagatay That matches what I see [image: 1667218162107-4f0f858d-9812-42b1-9f61-ffb13d31dccd-image.png]
  • Rotating homepage icons, gifs?

    Solved Configure nodebb
    2
    3 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @eveh It’s not a GIF, no. It’s actually a webp file so made much smaller, and uses keyframes to control the rotation on hover. You can easily make your own though The CSS for that is as below @keyframes rotate180 { from { transform: rotate(0deg); } to { transform: rotate(180deg); } } @keyframes rotate0 { from { transform: rotate(180deg); } to { transform: rotate(0deg); } } Your milage may vary on the CSS below, as it’s custom for Sudonix, but this is the class that is used to control the rotate .header .forum-logo, img.forum-logo.head { max-height: 50px; width: auto; height: 30px; margin-top: 9px; max-width: 150px; min-width: 32px; display: inline-block; animation-name: rotate180, rotate0; animation-duration: 1000ms; animation-delay: 0s, 1000ms; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-timing-function: linear; transition: transform 1000ms ease-in-out; }
  • CSS Help on my Flarum

    Solved Customisation
    5
    2
    2 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @mike-jones Yes, you’ll typically see this type of behaviour if there is another style that has higher priority in the sense that yours will be overridden. Using !important will override the higher preference, but should be used sparingly rather than everywhere.
  • [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing

    Solved Customisation
    6
    1 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    @jac said in [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing: @phenomlab said in [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing: @jac are you using Custom ? Sure am mate Confirmed Fixed