Skip to content

NodeBB customisation

Locked Customisation
332 4 245.7k 1
  • @jac Sorry for late reply. You can use the below for this. I also noticed that the blockquote text was black, so the second line blockquote p will also resolve that.

    blockquote a.plugin-mentions-user.plugin-mentions-a,
    blockquote p {
        color: #ffffff;
    }
    

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac Sorry for late reply. You can use the below for this. I also noticed that the blockquote text was black, so the second line blockquote p will also resolve that.

    blockquote a.plugin-mentions-user.plugin-mentions-a,
    blockquote p {
        color: #ffffff;
    }
    

    No problem Mark

    That’s worked a treat, thank you very much!

  • @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac It’s in the above post 😉

    Apologies! 😁

    Worked a treat! Many thanks again 👍🏻.

    Am ok to keep posting little tweaks that I am looking to change?

    Looking to change the font & number of read posts.

    IMG_20210927_212333.jpg

    Looking to change this to blue white a white font and then as the posts are read it changes to yellow?

    Is this something that is possible? I seem to remember it working out well on the last installation.

    Many thanks.

    I’ve actually found a screenshot of how grtit looked last time. The font etc and the bottom bar looked great!
    IMG_20210512_092944.jpg

    Although the bottom colour is a little dark for County still looked great 😉

    @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac It’s in the above post 😉

    Apologies! 😁

    Worked a treat! Many thanks again 👍🏻.

    Am ok to keep posting little tweaks that I am looking to change?

    Looking to change the font & number of read posts.

    IMG_20210927_212333.jpg

    Looking to change this to blue white a white font and then as the posts are read it changes to yellow?

    Is this something that is possible? I seem to remember it working out well on the last installation.

    Many thanks.

    I’ve actually found a screenshot of how grtit looked last time. The font etc and the bottom bar looked great!
    IMG_20210512_092944.jpg

    Although the bottom colour is a little dark for County still looked great 😉

    Off work today so hopefully I can achieve some more changes 👍🏻

  • @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac It’s in the above post 😉

    Apologies! 😁

    Worked a treat! Many thanks again 👍🏻.

    Am ok to keep posting little tweaks that I am looking to change?

    Looking to change the font & number of read posts.

    IMG_20210927_212333.jpg

    Looking to change this to blue white a white font and then as the posts are read it changes to yellow?

    Is this something that is possible? I seem to remember it working out well on the last installation.

    Many thanks.

    I’ve actually found a screenshot of how grtit looked last time. The font etc and the bottom bar looked great!
    IMG_20210512_092944.jpg

    Although the bottom colour is a little dark for County still looked great 😉

    Off work today so hopefully I can achieve some more changes 👍🏻

    @jac ok.

  • @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac It’s in the above post 😉

    Apologies! 😁

    Worked a treat! Many thanks again 👍🏻.

    Am ok to keep posting little tweaks that I am looking to change?

    Looking to change the font & number of read posts.

    IMG_20210927_212333.jpg

    Looking to change this to blue white a white font and then as the posts are read it changes to yellow?

    Is this something that is possible? I seem to remember it working out well on the last installation.

    Many thanks.

    I’ve actually found a screenshot of how grtit looked last time. The font etc and the bottom bar looked great!
    IMG_20210512_092944.jpg

    Is there any way to change the member name colour on the quote? As this clashes with the colour.

    Thanks 👍🏻.

    IMG_20210928_223447.jpg

    @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac It’s in the above post 😉

    Apologies! 😁

    Worked a treat! Many thanks again 👍🏻.

    Am ok to keep posting little tweaks that I am looking to change?

    Looking to change the font & number of read posts.

    IMG_20210927_212333.jpg

    Looking to change this to blue white a white font and then as the posts are read it changes to yellow?

    Is this something that is possible? I seem to remember it working out well on the last installation.

    Many thanks.

    I’ve actually found a screenshot of how grtit looked last time. The font etc and the bottom bar looked great!
    IMG_20210512_092944.jpg

    Is there any way to change the member name colour on the quote? As this clashes with the colour.

    Thanks 👍🏻.

    IMG_20210928_223447.jpg

    How can I achieve this font and look again?

  • @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac It’s in the above post 😉

    Apologies! 😁

    Worked a treat! Many thanks again 👍🏻.

    Am ok to keep posting little tweaks that I am looking to change?

    Looking to change the font & number of read posts.

    IMG_20210927_212333.jpg

    Looking to change this to blue white a white font and then as the posts are read it changes to yellow?

    Is this something that is possible? I seem to remember it working out well on the last installation.

    Many thanks.

    I’ve actually found a screenshot of how grtit looked last time. The font etc and the bottom bar looked great!
    IMG_20210512_092944.jpg

    Is there any way to change the member name colour on the quote? As this clashes with the colour.

    Thanks 👍🏻.

    IMG_20210928_223447.jpg

    How can I achieve this font and look again?

    @jac The Font that Sudonix uses ?

  • @jac The Font that Sudonix uses ?

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac The Font that Sudonix uses ?

    Is it the same font sorry?

    Do you want me to choose something else?

    I thought it looked a little bolder?

    Many thanks

  • Is there any way to achieve a notification to let users know that the forum isn’t quite up to scratch yet etc?

    Many thanks 👍🏻

  • Is there any way to achieve a notification to let users know that the forum isn’t quite up to scratch yet etc?

    Many thanks 👍🏻

    @jac Do you want something like the banner that appears on this site at the top with a link to the welcome page ?

    Screenshot_20211003-221306.jpg

    If so, this is simple html that can be added as a widget and placed anywhere you want specifically, or globally if you prefer.

  • @jac Do you want something like the banner that appears on this site at the top with a link to the welcome page ?

    Screenshot_20211003-221306.jpg

    If so, this is simple html that can be added as a widget and placed anywhere you want specifically, or globally if you prefer.

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac Do you want something like the banner that appears on this site at the top with a link to the welcome page ?

    Screenshot_20211003-221306.jpg

    If so, this is simple html that can be added as a widget and placed anywhere you want specifically, or globally if you prefer.

    Looks great, I did install the announcement plugin as I thought that would display an announcement at the top of the forum but I think it’s actually for something else.

  • @phenomlab said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac Do you want something like the banner that appears on this site at the top with a link to the welcome page ?

    Screenshot_20211003-221306.jpg

    If so, this is simple html that can be added as a widget and placed anywhere you want specifically, or globally if you prefer.

    Looks great, I did install the announcement plugin as I thought that would display an announcement at the top of the forum but I think it’s actually for something else.

    @jac Yeah, I fell into that trap also. Let me know what you want the banner to display and I’ll provide the code and placement.

  • @jac Yeah, I fell into that trap also. Let me know what you want the banner to display and I’ll provide the code and placement.

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac Yeah, I fell into that trap also. Let me know what you want the banner to display and I’ll provide the code and placement.

    Apologies, I haven’t seen this until now. I’m more than happy to go ahead and use the code with a blue background with white writing as long as you are ok with it?

    I just want to let users know the forum is new and far from finished 😉.

  • @phenomlab said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac Yeah, I fell into that trap also. Let me know what you want the banner to display and I’ll provide the code and placement.

    Apologies, I haven’t seen this until now. I’m more than happy to go ahead and use the code with a blue background with white writing as long as you are ok with it?

    I just want to let users know the forum is new and far from finished 😉.

    @jac Ok. Provide me with some text you’d like, and I’ll update the site for you 🙂

  • @jac Ok. Provide me with some text you’d like, and I’ll update the site for you 🙂

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac Ok. Provide me with some text you’d like, and I’ll update the site for you 🙂

    Chat incoming >>>>

    Many thanks 👍🏻

  • @phenomlab said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac Ok. Provide me with some text you’d like, and I’ll update the site for you 🙂

    Chat incoming >>>>

    Many thanks 👍🏻

    Do you remember how to remove the quote area out of the slider at all Mark?

    I remember it being done last time.

    Thanks 😁.

  • Do you remember how to remove the quote area out of the slider at all Mark?

    I remember it being done last time.

    Thanks 😁.

    @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    Do you remember how to remove the quote area out of the slider at all Mark?

    I remember it being done last time.

    Thanks 😁.

    IMG_20211005_164538.jpg

  • @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    Do you remember how to remove the quote area out of the slider at all Mark?

    I remember it being done last time.

    Thanks 😁.

    IMG_20211005_164538.jpg

    @jac Try this

    .recent-card-body blockquote, .recent-card-body blockquote p {
        background: none;
        color: #000000;
        border-left: none;
    }
    .recent-card-body blockquote:after {
        border: none;
    }
    
  • @jac Try this

    .recent-card-body blockquote, .recent-card-body blockquote p {
        background: none;
        color: #000000;
        border-left: none;
    }
    .recent-card-body blockquote:after {
        border: none;
    }
    

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac Try this

    .recent-card-body blockquote, .recent-card-body blockquote p {
        background: none;
        color: #000000;
        border-left: none;
    }
    .recent-card-body blockquote:after {
        border: none;
    }
    

    Many thanks mate, that’s worked 😁😁.

  • @phenomlab said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac Try this

    .recent-card-body blockquote, .recent-card-body blockquote p {
        background: none;
        color: #000000;
        border-left: none;
    }
    .recent-card-body blockquote:after {
        border: none;
    }
    

    Many thanks mate, that’s worked 😁😁.

    @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac Try this

    .recent-card-body blockquote, .recent-card-body blockquote p {
        background: none;
        color: #000000;
        border-left: none;
    }
    .recent-card-body blockquote:after {
        border: none;
    }
    

    Many thanks mate, that’s worked 😁😁.

    Whilst I’m at it am I ok to suggest this change? - IMG_20211005_173446.jpg the read posts bar at the bottom of the page?

    Maybe have that in a yellow and then changing to blue once it has been read?

    Is this possible? I remember it being done last time. What a fool I was to not back it up properly last time, I lost some good CSS changes mate as you know.

  • @jac said in NodeBB customisation:

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac Try this

    .recent-card-body blockquote, .recent-card-body blockquote p {
        background: none;
        color: #000000;
        border-left: none;
    }
    .recent-card-body blockquote:after {
        border: none;
    }
    

    Many thanks mate, that’s worked 😁😁.

    Whilst I’m at it am I ok to suggest this change? - IMG_20211005_173446.jpg the read posts bar at the bottom of the page?

    Maybe have that in a yellow and then changing to blue once it has been read?

    Is this possible? I remember it being done last time. What a fool I was to not back it up properly last time, I lost some good CSS changes mate as you know.

    @jac Try this

    .topic .pagination-block {
        background-color: #ffc557;
    }
    .topic .pagination-block .progress-bar {
        background-color: #194f90;
    }
    .topic .pagination-block .wrapper,
    .topic .pagination-block .pagination-text  {
        color: #ffffff;
    }
  • @jac Try this

    .topic .pagination-block {
        background-color: #ffc557;
    }
    .topic .pagination-block .progress-bar {
        background-color: #194f90;
    }
    .topic .pagination-block .wrapper,
    .topic .pagination-block .pagination-text  {
        color: #ffffff;
    }

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB customisation:

    @jac Try this

    .topic .pagination-block {
        background-color: #ffc557;
    }
    .topic .pagination-block .progress-bar {
        background-color: #194f90;
    }
    .topic .pagination-block .wrapper,
    .topic .pagination-block .pagination-text  {
        color: #ffffff;
    }
    

    Fantastic mate, worked a treat again 😁.

    Is the font a little more complicated to do?


Related Topics
  • Whitespace fixes in Nodebb

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    18
    2
    7 Votes
    18 Posts
    6k Views
    @Panda Just circling back here with something of an update (which I think you’ll like). I’ve completely restructured the ranking system. There are now less ranks, with a higher point threshold to reach them. More importantly, if you reload the site, you’ll notice that the ranks are now icons. I also removed the “Author” badge, and made this a single icon, which (to me) looks much better.
  • who is read NodeBB

    Customisation read post nodebb
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @cagatay You should ask in the NodeBB forums. Perhaps reference this post https://discuss.flarum.org/d/23066-who-read
  • [NodeBB] greeting message

    Solved Customisation css nodebb javascript
    2
    1
    3 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    @pwsincd welcome to sudonix, and thanks for the comments. What your looking for is here https://sudonix.com/topic/195/nodebb-welcome-message/3?_=1648295651358
  • [NODEBB] Scroll Button

    Solved Customisation css javascript html scroll button
    7
    1
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    @downpw ooops. Forgot that. Thanks for adding.
  • NodeBB Footer

    Solved Customisation footer nodebb
    10
    1 Votes
    10 Posts
    4k Views
    @phenomlab said in NodeBB Footer: @jac and you. Hope all is well and you recover quickly Thanks pal
  • NodeBB Design help

    Solved Customisation
    8
    3
    2 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    @riekmedia I’ve applied some new CSS to your site. Can you reload the page and try again ? For the record, this is what I added #footer { background: #2d343e; border-top: 4px solid #2d343e; font-size: 0.9em; margin-top: 70px; padding: 80px 0 0; position: relative; clear: both; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; z-index: 1000; margin-left: -15px; margin-right: -338px; } The /categories page seems a bit messed up, so looking at that currently EDIT - issued some override CSS in the CATEGORIES widget <!--- CSS fix for overspill on /categories page - DO NOT DELETE --> <style> #footer { margin-right: -45px; } </style> That should resolve the /categories issue.
  • How to set a signature in NodeBB?

    Solved Customisation
    4
    2 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab said in How to set a signature in NodeBB?: @jac No issues at all with copying. This is set using the signature for the user you are posting as. In the case of Hostrisk, it’s set like the below [image: 1633427929198-7bf04183-f6e8-4d72-b0eb-c9a05c9cd24b-image.png] You can set the signature by using https://domain.com/user/theuser/edit Mamy thanks Mark, I’ll set this up later .
  • Customising NodeBB

    Locked Customisation nodebb
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    Closing this thread as a duplicate of https://sudonix.com/topic/12/nodebb-customisation