Discussion
    4 Votes
    13 Posts

@Madchatthew A simple PWA would probably suffice in the meantime

• 15 Votes
    14 Posts

@phenomlab said in What's your view on RSS - is it dead technology?:

@JAC would be keen to get your views around RSS feeds

I’ve used RSS feeds over the years to pull in articles on forums and websites. I also have an RSS feed app on my phone that contains selective football news, it’s still an incredibly handful tool for me.

• Google looks to AI paywall option

Discussion
    1 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • 4 Votes
    7 Posts

@phenomlab oh no, that is 1 cent on the video, but you are right, symbols are similar… I just converted it to $1 , since it is more intuitive in daily life…

• The corporate greed of Amazon

Discussion
    13 Votes
    11 Posts

And so it starts. Amazon are going to introduce forced ads even for Prime customers on their platform. To remove them, you have to pay more??

https://news.sky.com/story/amazons-prime-video-to-include-ads-from-2024-unless-you-pay-more-12967202

• Lawyers use of ChatGPT backfires

Discussion
    9 Votes
    10 Posts

@crazycells yes, I think it certainly has a place - but to enrich knowledge, rather than simply substitute it.

I remember years ago when I did my exams. You weren’t allowed a calculator or anything like that and had to show your workings on a separate piece of paper which you were given additional marks for.

These days, they use iPads etc in schools, so the art of writing a letter or needing to perform mathematical calculations in your head is gone. One of my very first jobs was in a newsagent who had a really old till (yes, not a Point-Of-Service like you have today) - all this till did was add up the individual figures, but didn’t tell you how much change to give - you had to do that part.

Sounds simple enough, but with technology doing everything for us these days, our basic skills (think the “Three R’s”, and see example below) have taken a back seat and I think that’s made us lazy.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/three R's

Again, my point here being to enrich - not completely replace basic skills we learn as we age.

• Email set up on OVH Cloud

Solved Configure
    1 Votes
    21 Posts
    1k Views

@mventures that’s not an issue provided there is a password to go with the username

• is my DMARC configured correctly?

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    3 Posts

@phenomlab said in is my DMARC configured correctly?:

you’ll get one from every domain that receives email from yours.

Today I have received another mail from outlook DMARC, i was referring to your reply again and found it very helpful/informative. thanks again.

I wish sudonix 100 more great years ahead!