Skip to content

ANNOUNCEMENT: Social Login Changes

Announcements
4 2 2.0k 1
  • Hi all,

    Some of you may have already noticed that you can now register and login with LinkedIn on Sudonix. The same applies for Google, but X (formerly Twitter) has been removed - mostly because they want to charge for all sorts these days, and do not have great support (or documentation) for something like OpenID.

    23e1b817-9a16-4094-8026-eb7f7c7c6944-image.png

    These two new connection types have been fully tested, so not expecting any issues, but if you do encounter any, let me know.

  • Note, I’ve also added GitHub, but there seems to be an issue with the configuration in the sense that the redirect appears to hang. I’m unsure as to the origins of this, but strongly suspect it may be related to 2FA being enforced on the account (GitHub), and so it falls over at this point.

    I’ll keep testing this - if you have a GitHub account that doesn’t use 2FA and want to try it, I’d certainly appreciate any testing you carry out, along with the results you get.

  • I don’t use this but good things 🙂

  • I don’t use this but good things 🙂

    @DownPW Always looking for ways to improve the overall experience.


Related Topics
  • 14 Votes
    9 Posts
    2k Views
    @DownPW of course. As I mentioned in the first post, Sudonix isn’t going anywhere. It’ll continue to be free as it always has been.
  • Ch..ch..ch..ch..changes!

    Announcements themes layout
    16
    2
    15 Votes
    16 Posts
    4k Views
    @phenomlab of course, to be recognised is fantastic. @phenomlab said in Ch..ch..ch..ch..changes!: Sadly, no. Web crawlers and scrapers are often JS based and read text only, so styles don’t have any bearing. I’ve read mixed things about this, but no that does make sense, it was something I read a many years back when using Wordpress.
  • ANNOUCEMENT: New NTFY Server

    Announcements ntfy push alerts
    9
    1
    7 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    @crazycells that’s as good a test as any
  • Clustering for NodeBB enabled

    Announcements cluster
    22
    1
    16 Votes
    22 Posts
    7k Views
    @Madchatthew True. I think this is the reason as to why most Open Source projects are abandoned because they are not sustainable in the long-term.
  • Changing the look of recent cards

    Announcements cards css
    1
    1
    2 Votes
    1 Posts
    838 Views
    No one has replied
  • Testing out Webdock.io

    Moved Announcements webdock recovery speed
    2
    5
    5 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    Just coming back to this thread for review (as I often do), and it looks like Webdock have increased their available offerings - some are extremely powerful, yet very competitive from the pricing perspective. [image: 1692559685163-7cf9a928-ac21-44fe-99c6-90439030d631-image.png] 10 CPU cores, plus 20Gb RAM? Well worth a look (and the asking price) - there’s also a fixed IP which is hugely beneficial. Clearly, this is well beyond what most people will want to spend - it’s more of an example (but interestingly, Sudonix runs on something not too different from the above). However, not all that glitters is gold - just have a walk through the benchmark report I found below and you’ll see a huge difference between Heztner and Webdock https://www.vpsbenchmarks.com/compare/hetzner_vs_webdock That being said, the amount of HTTP requests that Webdock handles in relation to Hetzner is superior - @DownPW you might want to have a look at this - there’s a free 24 hour trial… [image: 1692560710486-5203639b-2f62-47e6-b87b-37580ce5deae-image.png]
  • Theme changes

    Announcements dark
    6
    10 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    There’s still some very minor bugs in the two themes (light and dark) but these will be resolved in the coming days. Some are specific to firefox, and well require special attention, but will still be resolved nonetheless.
  • Fancybox now used for image handling

    Announcements fancybox
    16
    6 Votes
    16 Posts
    5k Views
    And it seems to be less conflicting!