Skip to content

NodeBB v4.0.0 — Federate good times, come on!

World
94 64 22.6k

Related Topics
  • Following the API docs but its not clear ...

    Solved Customisation api nodebb
    8
    2 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda you’d be surprised. If you consider that you’d need to use the API to be able to populate a WordPress widget for example (which in turn would of course be PHP), taking this route is still immensely popular.
  • Whitespace fixes in Nodebb

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    18
    2
    7 Votes
    18 Posts
    6k Views
    @Panda Just circling back here with something of an update (which I think you’ll like). I’ve completely restructured the ranking system. There are now less ranks, with a higher point threshold to reach them. More importantly, if you reload the site, you’ll notice that the ranks are now icons. I also removed the “Author” badge, and made this a single icon, which (to me) looks much better.
  • Why CSS acts different in Desktop?

    Bugs nodebb
    11
    4 Votes
    11 Posts
    3k Views
    @DownPW I’d have to agree with that.
  • adding some console.log to Nodebb

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    4
    1 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @eeeee if you’re using the console, you could try node app.js > app.log 2>&1 This would redirect stdout to a file named app.log and redirect stderr to stdout. I’m not sure about standard logging under NodeBB, but there is an error log located at logs/error.log. Failing that, you could always stop the NodeBB service then use ./nodebb dev from the console which would then provide debug output.
  • Top Ranked Forums

    Chitchat nodebb top ranked
    9
    1
    3 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    The real issue here is that most people consider forums to be “dead” in the sense that nobody uses them anymore, and social media groups have taken their place. Their once dominant stance in the 90’s and early 00’s will never be experienced again, but having said that, there are a number of forums that did in fact survive the social media onslaught, and still enjoy a large user base. Forums tend to be niche. One that immediately sticks out is Reddit - despite looking like it was designed in the 80s, it still has an enormous user base. Another is Stack Overflow, which needs no introduction. The key to any forum is the content it offers, and the more people whom contribute in terms of posting , the more popular and widely respected it becomes as a reliable source of information. Forums are still intensely popular with gamers, alongside those that offer tips on hacking etc.
  • Adding fileWrite to nodebb code

    Solved Configure nodebb
    16
    1
    5 Votes
    16 Posts
    4k Views
    @eveh this might be a question for the NodeBB Devs themselves. In all honesty, I’m not entirely sure without having to research this myself.
  • what does sound/mute button do?

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    20
    1
    9 Votes
    20 Posts
    5k Views
    @crazycells Yeah, looking at the plugin itself, that’s a hard coded limit [image: 1653494282106-3d6dbc10-185b-4102-9470-0c2731a10750-image.png] I’ll probably remove that… eventually…
  • NodeBB 1.19.3

    Solved Performance nodebb 1.19.3 performance
    33
    4 Votes
    33 Posts
    15k Views
    @phenomlab I find the problem Mark The error message indicated this path : http://localhost:4567/assets/plugins/nodebb-plugin-emoji/emoji/styles.css?v=6983dobg16u I change the path url on config.json [image: 1645128773854-47bacc80-f141-41e4-a261-3f8d650cc6f6-image.png] And all it’s good Weird, I didn’t have to change that path before 1.19.3 But this does not prevent the problem from a clean install with Emoji Plugin EDIT: After test, that resolv the problem installation for 1.18.x but not for 1.19.x (I have other error message when I run ./nodebb Setup For resume: NodeJS 16_x with 1.18.x is ok