Skip to content

NodeBB v4.0.0 — Federate good times, come on!

World
94 64 22.6k

Related Topics
  • Planned sunset of NTFY plugin

    Pinned Announcements push nodebb ntfy
    7
    1
    8 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    I’ve noticed that I’m the only one subscribed to the push notifications on this site. If you were using NTFY previously, and have noticed that you’ve not had any alerts for a while, it’s because this feature has been disabled. You’ll now need to use the push notification to replace NTFY as mentioned in the first post.
  • 3 Votes
    5 Posts
    1k Views
    @crazycells Agreed. It takes a more sensible approach. Nobody ever upvotes the first post - it’s usually much further down as the conversation progresses.
  • 36 Votes
    55 Posts
    27k Views
    @DownPW I see why. The code relies on the existence of [component="topic/quickreply/container"] However, this by definition means that the below has to be enabled [image: 1679077966615-aeef638f-4188-489d-a9f2-f3a26dbca9d8-image.png] It will then work [image: 1679077992245-7fb38631-e0f3-46ef-b652-00929d927b13-image.png] For some unknown reason, this is hidden in Harmony, and only shows if you select it. In v2, it seems that the <section> is deleted altogether in Persona if “Quick Reply” is disabled, meaning it won’t fire as it can’t locate that specific component. The downside is that you might not want the quick reply function, but I think it’s a PITA to scroll up to the top of the post just to reply, so I have it on
  • NodeBB v3

    Announcements nodebb v3 nodebb
    2
    3 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @cagatay JS will work fine - no changes there, and there are no plans to drop support for jQuery. More of an issue is the CSS - for which there are quite a few breaking changes. Keep an eye on sudonix.dev (my development site) where you can see progress in relation to how I am tackling the compatibility issues.
  • 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @qwinter this particular site uses the code I wrote if you want to see it in action. It’s a information and intelligence gatherer I designed for collecting various information security articles from around the globe and consolidating them in one place. Essentially, each “post” is in fact generated by the script, and the NodeBB API. https://hostrisk.com/
  • [NodeBB] greeting message

    Solved Customisation css nodebb javascript
    2
    1
    3 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    @pwsincd welcome to sudonix, and thanks for the comments. What your looking for is here https://sudonix.com/topic/195/nodebb-welcome-message/3?_=1648295651358
  • NodeBB Design help

    Solved Customisation
    8
    3
    2 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    @riekmedia I’ve applied some new CSS to your site. Can you reload the page and try again ? For the record, this is what I added #footer { background: #2d343e; border-top: 4px solid #2d343e; font-size: 0.9em; margin-top: 70px; padding: 80px 0 0; position: relative; clear: both; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; z-index: 1000; margin-left: -15px; margin-right: -338px; } The /categories page seems a bit messed up, so looking at that currently EDIT - issued some override CSS in the CATEGORIES widget <!--- CSS fix for overspill on /categories page - DO NOT DELETE --> <style> #footer { margin-right: -45px; } </style> That should resolve the /categories issue.
  • Customising NodeBB

    Locked Customisation nodebb
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    Closing this thread as a duplicate of https://sudonix.com/topic/12/nodebb-customisation