Skip to content

NodeBB v3 Chat Very Slow

Moved Performance
47 3 19.0k 1

Related Topics
  • What’s going on with NodeBB?

    Performance nodebb script die
    20
    8 Votes
    20 Posts
    4k Views
    @cagatay The most reliable way to upgrade Node.js on Ubuntu depends on how you originally installed it. Method 1: Using NVM (Recommended) If you already use Node Version Manager (NVM), upgrading is simple. NVM allows you to keep both versions and switch between them if needed. Install Node 22: nvm install 22 Switch to Node 22: nvm use 22 Set it as your default: nvm alias default 22 Verify the change: node -v Method 2: Using NodeSource (PPA) If you installed Node.js via apt using the NodeSource repository, you need to update the repository script to point to the new version. Remove the old NodeSource list (optional but cleaner): sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/nodesource.list Download and run the NodeSource setup script for Node 22: curl -fsSL [https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_22.x](https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_22.x) | sudo -E bash - Install/Upgrade Node.js: sudo apt-get install -y nodejs Verify the installation: node -v Method 3: Using the ‘n’ Package If you have npm installed, you can use the n interactive manager. Clear the npm cache: sudo npm cache clean -f Install the ‘n’ helper: sudo npm install -g n Install Node 22: sudo n 22 Update your shell: hash -r Troubleshooting Permission Denied: If you see permission errors using Method 2 or 3, ensure you are using sudo. Path Issues: If node -v still shows version 20 after upgrading via NVM, restart your terminal or run source ~/.bashrc. Conflicts: Avoid mixing these methods. If you switch from apt to nvm, it is best to sudo apt remove nodejs first to avoid path conflicts.
  • Opening links in nodebb widget

    Solved Configure nodebb
    6
    4 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    A more efficient way of including this would be to not over complicate it and leverage a standard iframe (providing the CSP headers of the remote site permit this) like below <iframe src="https://www.classmarker.com/online-test/start/?quiz=gag66aea7922f0a5" width="700" height="800"></iframe> This works first time every time on your site as intended.
  • Bug Report

    Solved Bugs nodebb bugs
    47
    1
    26 Votes
    47 Posts
    17k Views
    @crazycells Good points, thanks. I completely forgot that classes are added - makes life much simpler! EDIT - seems this is pretty straightforward, and only needs the below CSS .upvoted i { color: var(--bs-user-level) !important; } This then yields [image: 1718028529465-3f072f8a-ebfa-4910-8723-73c493b8e4eb-image.png] However, the caveat here is that the .upvoted class will only show for your upvotes, and nobody else’s. However, this does satisfy the original request however I would love to see my upvoted posts more clearly, because currently, when I upvote, nothing on the post tool is changing, it would be nicer if there is an indication that I have upvoted (like a filled or colored triangle?)
  • error with v3 in browser console

    Solved Performance socket error csrf
    4
    1
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @DownPW it’s in relation to the response I provided above
  • NodeBB v3.0.0-rc.1

    Performance nodebb v3.0.0
    1
    1 Votes
    1 Posts
    661 Views
    No one has replied
  • 1 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @DownPW very useful tip. Thanks
  • 14 Votes
    69 Posts
    56k Views
    @phenomlab Seems to be better with some scaling fix for redis on redis.conf. I haven’t seen the message yet since the changes I made # I increase it to the value of /proc/sys/net/core/somaxconn tcp-backlog 4096 # I'm uncommenting because it can slow down Redis. Uncommented by default !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #save 900 1 #save 300 10 #save 60 10000 If you have other Redis optimizations. I take all your advice https://severalnines.com/blog/performance-tuning-redis/
  • [NodeBB] greeting message

    Solved Customisation css nodebb javascript
    2
    1
    3 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    @pwsincd welcome to sudonix, and thanks for the comments. What your looking for is here https://sudonix.com/topic/195/nodebb-welcome-message/3?_=1648295651358