Skip to content

Want to use Sudonix themes ?

Chitchat
80 5 27.3k 1
  • thank you for your advise Mark.
    may i use your font ? what i have to do for it?

  • thank you for your advise Mark.
    may i use your font ? what i have to do for it?

    @cagatay you are already using it.

  • i have many minor problems shown below photo, how can i fix it?
    Chrome is moving towards a new experience that lets people make an informed choice with respect to third-party cookies.

    image.png

  • i have many minor problems shown below photo, how can i fix it?
    Chrome is moving towards a new experience that lets people make an informed choice with respect to third-party cookies.

    image.png

    @cagatay This isn’t related to NodeBB, but how the Chrome browser itself behaves - see below

    Yes, Google Chrome is shifting towards a more privacy-focused approach, particularly in how it handles third-party cookies. This change is part of a broader industry trend towards improving user privacy and transparency, as seen in regulations like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).

    Key elements of Chrome’s new approach include:

    • Phasing out third-party cookies: Chrome has been working on a plan to phase out third-party cookies entirely, which are often used by advertisers and trackers to follow users across websites. This is part of Google’s Privacy Sandbox initiative.

    • User control and transparency: Chrome will provide users with more detailed options and controls over how third-party cookies are used. This will allow users to make an informed decision about which cookies they want to allow or block, helping them better understand how their data is being used.

    • Privacy Sandbox: Instead of third-party cookies, Google is introducing alternatives, like FLoC (Federated Learning of Cohorts), which aims to deliver relevant ads without exposing individual users’ browsing history to advertisers. FLoC is part of Privacy Sandbox, which focuses on creating new privacy-preserving mechanisms for digital advertising.

    • Better Consent Experiences: Chrome is also expected to improve how websites prompt users to give consent for cookies, reducing “cookie fatigue” and making the process more straightforward.

    This new experience is expected to improve user privacy without entirely disrupting the ad-supported web ecosystem, which depends heavily on tracking technologies.

  • This situation does not affect google indexing, does it?

  • This situation does not affect google indexing, does it?

    @cagatay Not to my knowledge.

  • Mark, hi, the theme selection on the top panel of my website has disappeared. I only want to use it as day and night mode. Can you help me?

  • Mark, hi, the theme selection on the top panel of my website has disappeared. I only want to use it as day and night mode. Can you help me?

    @cagatay have you made any changes to the site recently? It’s static coding in the javascript setting on your forum so unless custom js has been turned off, then I can’t see why without actually checking why it wound have disappeared unless it has been inadvertently deleted.

  • No, I haven’t made any changes, and I haven’t touched the Java section either. Could you check it when you have time?

  • No, I haven’t made any changes, and I haven’t touched the Java section either. Could you check it when you have time?

    @cagatay Seems as though someone removed the brand header, so I reinstated it from drafts

    5a451051-e4f3-4fb3-aed2-0c101ac97ef2-image.png

    d2b86d8f-0573-4d8c-83c5-5b2aada072d7-image.png

  • omg 🙂 thank you Mark.


Related Topics
  • nodebb error logs

    Bugs nodebb
    6
    2
    4 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    I just wanted to ask because I don’t have much knowledge about the new installation. Thank you for the explanatory answer.
  • Theme retirement

    Announcements themes switcher
    21
    16 Votes
    21 Posts
    8k Views
    I relented somewhat here and added another swatch - one I missed, which was previous called “blackout”. This specific one has been adapted to work on the new theming engine, but the others have been reclassified, and renamed to suit. [image: 1693924764891-d7f3a7a1-9702-4238-99bd-5c0e0d53f244-image.png] As a result, the theme you might have had will probably be reflecting something else, so you (might) need to change your themes accordingly. The changes are as follows Light -> No Change Cloudy -> Is now the old “Dim” Dim -> Is now the old “Dark” Dark -> Now a new theme based on the revamped “Blackout”
  • Difficult to move posts now, on mobile.

    Bugs nodebb
    16
    1
    5 Votes
    16 Posts
    5k Views
    @DownPW Yes, it is. It’s set far too low meaning other elements with a higher preference will sit over the top of it.
  • NodeBB: updating Admin details not working

    Solved Configure nodebb admin
    17
    3 Votes
    17 Posts
    4k Views
    @mventures Ok. No issues
  • NodeBB v3

    Announcements nodebb v3 nodebb
    2
    3 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @cagatay JS will work fine - no changes there, and there are no plans to drop support for jQuery. More of an issue is the CSS - for which there are quite a few breaking changes. Keep an eye on sudonix.dev (my development site) where you can see progress in relation to how I am tackling the compatibility issues.
  • 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @qwinter this particular site uses the code I wrote if you want to see it in action. It’s a information and intelligence gatherer I designed for collecting various information security articles from around the globe and consolidating them in one place. Essentially, each “post” is in fact generated by the script, and the NodeBB API. https://hostrisk.com/
  • Detect if user is admin

    General nodebb javascript code
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @pwsincd I think you can use userData.isAdmin = isAdmin; if I’m not mistaken - see https://community.nodebb.org/topic/15128/how-to-hide-whitelist-user-field-only-to-owner-or-admin?_=1648802303112 for an example
  • NodeBB - Created pages not found?

    General
    20
    3 Votes
    20 Posts
    6k Views
    @jac Exactly. Hard point to argue.