Skip to content

Want to use Sudonix themes ?

Chitchat
80 5 27.3k 1
  • @phenomlab i have some problems with my below items when selected this type of tree;

    image.png

  • @phenomlab i have some problems with my below items when selected this type of tree;

    image.png

    @cagatay In your CSS, locate the block starting

    .category-card .text-muted.timeago
    

    And remove

    margin-left: -180px;
    
  • Mark hi,

    I know that you also update your own css and js along with nodebb’s updates but mine is old one when we first set it up.

    I would like to your help to use your current css and js codes if its possible?

    Thank you for your helping.

  • Mark hi,

    I know that you also update your own css and js along with nodebb’s updates but mine is old one when we first set it up.

    I would like to your help to use your current css and js codes if its possible?

    Thank you for your helping.

    @cagatay

    @cagatay said in Want to use Sudonix themes ?:

    I know that you also update your own css and js along with nodebb’s updates

    I do update the CSS and JS here, but it’s not in line with NodeBB releases. All of the code I have written will work with prior releases, with the exception of Chat Threading, which requires a specific hook not present in some early versions. Again, this would still work, but not at full capacity.

    @cagatay said in Want to use Sudonix themes ?:

    mine is old one when we first set it up

    It’s not “old” - it just isn’t the latest code. In fact, the code running on your website is not advertised anywhere else, so in fact, is newer than the Git links in this post.

    @cagatay said in Want to use Sudonix themes ?:

    I would like to your help to use your current css and js codes if its possible?

    Possible, yes, but not yet. There are still some bugs in the code branch I’m using here, and I don’t want to introduce complexities into your installation - particularly when I know they exist, and you’d be left with issues that your users then have to put up with.

  • thank you for your advise Mark.
    may i use your font ? what i have to do for it?

  • thank you for your advise Mark.
    may i use your font ? what i have to do for it?

    @cagatay you are already using it.

  • i have many minor problems shown below photo, how can i fix it?
    Chrome is moving towards a new experience that lets people make an informed choice with respect to third-party cookies.

    image.png

  • i have many minor problems shown below photo, how can i fix it?
    Chrome is moving towards a new experience that lets people make an informed choice with respect to third-party cookies.

    image.png

    @cagatay This isn’t related to NodeBB, but how the Chrome browser itself behaves - see below

    Yes, Google Chrome is shifting towards a more privacy-focused approach, particularly in how it handles third-party cookies. This change is part of a broader industry trend towards improving user privacy and transparency, as seen in regulations like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).

    Key elements of Chrome’s new approach include:

    • Phasing out third-party cookies: Chrome has been working on a plan to phase out third-party cookies entirely, which are often used by advertisers and trackers to follow users across websites. This is part of Google’s Privacy Sandbox initiative.

    • User control and transparency: Chrome will provide users with more detailed options and controls over how third-party cookies are used. This will allow users to make an informed decision about which cookies they want to allow or block, helping them better understand how their data is being used.

    • Privacy Sandbox: Instead of third-party cookies, Google is introducing alternatives, like FLoC (Federated Learning of Cohorts), which aims to deliver relevant ads without exposing individual users’ browsing history to advertisers. FLoC is part of Privacy Sandbox, which focuses on creating new privacy-preserving mechanisms for digital advertising.

    • Better Consent Experiences: Chrome is also expected to improve how websites prompt users to give consent for cookies, reducing “cookie fatigue” and making the process more straightforward.

    This new experience is expected to improve user privacy without entirely disrupting the ad-supported web ecosystem, which depends heavily on tracking technologies.

  • This situation does not affect google indexing, does it?

  • This situation does not affect google indexing, does it?

    @cagatay Not to my knowledge.

  • Mark, hi, the theme selection on the top panel of my website has disappeared. I only want to use it as day and night mode. Can you help me?

  • Mark, hi, the theme selection on the top panel of my website has disappeared. I only want to use it as day and night mode. Can you help me?

    @cagatay have you made any changes to the site recently? It’s static coding in the javascript setting on your forum so unless custom js has been turned off, then I can’t see why without actually checking why it wound have disappeared unless it has been inadvertently deleted.

  • No, I haven’t made any changes, and I haven’t touched the Java section either. Could you check it when you have time?

  • No, I haven’t made any changes, and I haven’t touched the Java section either. Could you check it when you have time?

    @cagatay Seems as though someone removed the brand header, so I reinstated it from drafts

    5a451051-e4f3-4fb3-aed2-0c101ac97ef2-image.png

    d2b86d8f-0573-4d8c-83c5-5b2aada072d7-image.png

  • omg 🙂 thank you Mark.


Related Topics
  • What plugins are being used here on Sudonix?

    Solved General nodebb plugins development
    6
    5 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @Roki-Antic Welcome! This site isn’t running Persona, but Harmony - a very heavily customised version at that. Do you have a URL where your site is currently located that is publicly accessible? Feel free to PM this info if you do not want to disclose here. Happy to help with any customisation needs.
  • SEO and Nodebb

    Performance nodebb seo
    2
    2 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @Panda It’s the best it’s ever been to be honest. I’ve used a myriad of systems in the past - most notably, WordPress, and then Flarum (which for SEO, was absolutely dire - they never even had SEO out of the box, and relied on a third party extension to do it), and NodeBB easily fares the best - see below example https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asudonix.org&oq=site%3Asudonix.org&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i58j69i60l2.9039j0j3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#ip=1 However, this was not without significant effort on my part once I’d migrated from COM to ORG - see below posts https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17286/google-crawl-error-after-site-migration/17?_=1688461250365 And also https://support.google.com/webmasters/thread/221027803?hl=en&msgid=221464164 It was painful to say the least - as it turns out, there was an issue in NodeBB core that prevented spiders from getting to content, which as far as I understand, is now fixed. SEO in itself is a dark art - a black box that nobody really fully understands, and it’s essentially going to boil down to one thing - “content”. Google’s algorithm for indexing has also changed dramatically over the years. They only now crawl content that has value, so if it believes that your site has nothing to offer, it will simply skip it.
  • Removing blue 'moved' tag from post

    Solved Configure nodebb
    16
    2
    3 Votes
    16 Posts
    5k Views
    @phenomlab Ah, got it working! I reversed the CSS addition to put z index high, and then I could see another error box saying fork title must be at least 3 characters. So made the new fork title longer and button responded.
  • NodeBB: Favicon upload issue

    Solved Configure nodebb favicon
    12
    1
    3 Votes
    12 Posts
    3k Views
    @phenomlab I am on a Mac, so I used the “Option + Command + I”, and then performed the steps. It loaded my favicon! I checked on Firefox which I haven’t used before, and it showed my favicon also! That’s fantastic and thank you for the help!
  • optional "snow falling" theme

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    6
    6 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @Sala ok, but that’s still the same loop which is going to have an impact on the CPU.
  • How to fix header side as boxed

    Solved Customisation header boxed sudonix nodebb
    10
    1
    6 Votes
    10 Posts
    3k Views
    @phenomlab yes it caused a problem for mobile users. thank you for helping …
  • NodeBB inline videoplayer

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    12
    3 Votes
    12 Posts
    4k Views
    @phenomlab YAY! It works Thanks so much
  • [NODEBB] Welcome Message

    Solved Customisation css html nodebb
    20
    2
    13 Votes
    20 Posts
    8k Views
    @DownPW the ‘js’ code for the banner takes the time from the client, so what it displays really depends on the regional settings for the operating system. I’ve not seen this issue myself but would like to see some examples of screenshots if possible.