Skip to content

Setting up a beta NodeBB v3 environment

Moved Let's Build It
14 4 5.6k 1
  • @phenomlab anyway this is a beta version, as you said before to me some things not working properly.

    @cagatay Correct. I’ve adjusted the title accordingly to reflect that.

  • I have a Captcha bug after upgrade on login connexion.

    Without that, impossible to connect to nodebb due to captcha bug

    ff6d945e-fccd-46c8-a03a-b924e50a15fb-image.png

  • I have a Captcha bug after upgrade on login connexion.

    Without that, impossible to connect to nodebb due to captcha bug

    ff6d945e-fccd-46c8-a03a-b924e50a15fb-image.png

    @DownPW that’s not a bug as it works fine on my Dev install.

    Screenshot_2023-01-27-21-52-37-75_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg

    Anything in the console?

  • @DownPW that’s not a bug as it works fine on my Dev install.

    Screenshot_2023-01-27-21-52-37-75_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg

    Anything in the console?

    @phenomlab I have rebuild and it’s OK now.

    odd but it’s a beta i guess 😉

  • Have you have test many plugins ? or have you list of incompatibility plugins for now ?

  • Have you have test many plugins ? or have you list of incompatibility plugins for now ?

    @DownPW I’ve tested most of them. The polls plugin doesn’t seem to work from what I can see but others are fully functional. I need to perform a full audit though as I’ve mostly focused on the Swatch code.

  • and you upgrade via cli your plugin ?

    I have this with acp on all plugins to update :

    ee3f0fed-b829-45d5-a442-4b17b6bcbfb2-image.png

    2023-01-27T22:02:49.046Z [4567/1606] - error: admin.plugins.upgrade
    Error: Command failed: npm install nodebb-plugin-tenor-gif@3.0.0 --save
    npm ERR! code ERESOLVE
    npm ERR! ERESOLVE could not resolve
    npm ERR! 
    npm ERR! While resolving: @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@1.0.2
    npm ERR! Found: nodebb-plugin-emoji@5.0.3
    npm ERR! node_modules/nodebb-plugin-emoji
    npm ERR!   peer nodebb-plugin-emoji@"^5.0.0" from nodebb-plugin-emoji-android@4.0.0
    npm ERR!   node_modules/nodebb-plugin-emoji-android
    npm ERR!     nodebb-plugin-emoji-android@"4.0.0" from the root project
    npm ERR!   nodebb-plugin-emoji@"5.0.3" from the root project
    npm ERR! 
    npm ERR! Could not resolve dependency:
    npm ERR! peer nodebb-plugin-emoji@"^4.0.0" from @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@1.0.2
    npm ERR! node_modules/@nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions
    npm ERR!   @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@"^1.0.2" from the root project
    npm ERR! 
    npm ERR! Conflicting peer dependency: nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.6
    npm ERR! node_modules/nodebb-plugin-emoji
    npm ERR!   peer nodebb-plugin-emoji@"^4.0.0" from @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@1.0.2
    npm ERR!   node_modules/@nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions
    npm ERR!     @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@"^1.0.2" from the root project
    npm ERR! 
    npm ERR! Fix the upstream dependency conflict, or retry
    npm ERR! this command with --force, or --legacy-peer-deps
    npm ERR! to accept an incorrect (and potentially broken) dependency resolution.
    npm ERR! 
    npm ERR! See /root/.npm/eresolve-report.txt for a full report.
    
    npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
    npm ERR!     /root/.npm/_logs/2023-01-27T22_02_45_967Z-debug-0.log
    
        at ChildProcess.exithandler (node:child_process:419:12)
        at ChildProcess.emit (node:events:513:28)
        at maybeClose (node:internal/child_process:1091:16)
        at ChildProcess._handle.onexit (node:internal/child_process:302:5)
        at Process.callbackTrampoline (node:internal/async_hooks:130:17)
    

    Exemple here for update this plugin must to test :

    npm install nodebb-plugin-tenor-gif@3.0.0
    

    ?

  • and you upgrade via cli your plugin ?

    I have this with acp on all plugins to update :

    ee3f0fed-b829-45d5-a442-4b17b6bcbfb2-image.png

    2023-01-27T22:02:49.046Z [4567/1606] - error: admin.plugins.upgrade
    Error: Command failed: npm install nodebb-plugin-tenor-gif@3.0.0 --save
    npm ERR! code ERESOLVE
    npm ERR! ERESOLVE could not resolve
    npm ERR! 
    npm ERR! While resolving: @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@1.0.2
    npm ERR! Found: nodebb-plugin-emoji@5.0.3
    npm ERR! node_modules/nodebb-plugin-emoji
    npm ERR!   peer nodebb-plugin-emoji@"^5.0.0" from nodebb-plugin-emoji-android@4.0.0
    npm ERR!   node_modules/nodebb-plugin-emoji-android
    npm ERR!     nodebb-plugin-emoji-android@"4.0.0" from the root project
    npm ERR!   nodebb-plugin-emoji@"5.0.3" from the root project
    npm ERR! 
    npm ERR! Could not resolve dependency:
    npm ERR! peer nodebb-plugin-emoji@"^4.0.0" from @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@1.0.2
    npm ERR! node_modules/@nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions
    npm ERR!   @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@"^1.0.2" from the root project
    npm ERR! 
    npm ERR! Conflicting peer dependency: nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.6
    npm ERR! node_modules/nodebb-plugin-emoji
    npm ERR!   peer nodebb-plugin-emoji@"^4.0.0" from @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@1.0.2
    npm ERR!   node_modules/@nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions
    npm ERR!     @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@"^1.0.2" from the root project
    npm ERR! 
    npm ERR! Fix the upstream dependency conflict, or retry
    npm ERR! this command with --force, or --legacy-peer-deps
    npm ERR! to accept an incorrect (and potentially broken) dependency resolution.
    npm ERR! 
    npm ERR! See /root/.npm/eresolve-report.txt for a full report.
    
    npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
    npm ERR!     /root/.npm/_logs/2023-01-27T22_02_45_967Z-debug-0.log
    
        at ChildProcess.exithandler (node:child_process:419:12)
        at ChildProcess.emit (node:events:513:28)
        at maybeClose (node:internal/child_process:1091:16)
        at ChildProcess._handle.onexit (node:internal/child_process:302:5)
        at Process.callbackTrampoline (node:internal/async_hooks:130:17)
    

    Exemple here for update this plugin must to test :

    npm install nodebb-plugin-tenor-gif@3.0.0
    

    ?

    @phenomlab

    Ok like pitaj said on nodebb communauty i have test this :

    npm config set legacy-peer-deps true
    

    and the plugins is installed without error on ACP

    Maybe add this on your first topic 😉

  • @phenomlab

    Ok like pitaj said on nodebb communauty i have test this :

    npm config set legacy-peer-deps true
    

    and the plugins is installed without error on ACP

    Maybe add this on your first topic 😉

    @DownPW good call. Will get that added.

  • Thanks for the guide, got my v3 environment running. 🙂

  • Thanks for the guide, got my v3 environment running. 🙂

    @dave1904 excellent news. Thanks for the feedback

  • phenomlabundefined phenomlab moved this topic from Guides on

Related Topics
  • External Links - New Window

    Solved Customisation nodebb links settings
    8
    2 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    @Sampo2910 search the forum here for ogproxy which is the client side version of that plugin I wrote. It’s in use here on this forum.
  • TNG + Nodebb

    General tng genealogy nodebb plugin
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @Madchatthew said in TNG + Nodebb: you have to try and use duck tape and super glue to change something to make it do what you want it to do I couldn’t have put that better myself.
  • NodeBB Twitter / X embeds

    Let's Build It twitter script
    34
    21 Votes
    34 Posts
    15k Views
    @phenomlab said: @DownPW thanks for spotting (and fixing) this issue. I admittedly threw this together quickly for @jac some time ago, and it hasn’t had any love since. If OK with you, I’ll merge these changes into the github repository? No problem dude
  • 5 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    Very good like always
  • Email validation NodeBB

    Bugs nodebb
    21
    3 Votes
    21 Posts
    9k Views
    @Panda said in Email validation NodeBB: Did you configure that as a custom change to the usual quote icon. How do you do that? I notice on NodeBB site its a solid blue quotes Yes, I changed it. NodeBB by default users the free font awesome library whereas I use the pro (paid) version SDK have access to a wider set of icons, and at different thicknesses etc. The change of colour is just simple CSS.
  • CSS codes for fa-info icon

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    9
    1
    6 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    I have just figured it out… it can be targeted with text-decoration-color: I was mistakenly using color
  • nodebb dropdown menu

    Solved Configure nodebb
    5
    1
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab said in nodebb dropdown menu: @kurulumu-net You set it like the below example taken from this site [image: 1637939951821-aae36790-3257-4bb2-ad5a-0d744309876a-image.png] Which presents this [image: 1637939983445-77f47260-2941-4afe-9614-8e17dcfc8c19-image.png] Very interesting… I actually thought this wasn’t possible, as I remember it being asked in the NodeBB forum. Is this something new that’s been implemented? I’ll 100% be doing that when I’m on the laptop over the weekend.
  • NodeBB Discord Plugins

    Unsolved Customisation nodebb discord plugin
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    @RiekMedia hi. Just following up on this thread (I know it’s old) but was curious to understand if it’s still an issue or not ?