Skip to content

NodeBB templates

Locked Chitchat
12 3 4.3k 1
  • There doesn’t seem to be loads of NodeBB templates available, I wonder if you’d ever consider making a premium template like Sudonix has and making it available for sale?

    I know you help people with changes that they require but I was just thinking as like a premium theme out of the box sort of thing.

  • There doesn’t seem to be loads of NodeBB templates available, I wonder if you’d ever consider making a premium template like Sudonix has and making it available for sale?

    I know you help people with changes that they require but I was just thinking as like a premium theme out of the box sort of thing.

    @jac When you say “templates”, do you mean “themes” ?

  • @jac When you say “templates”, do you mean “themes” ?

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB templates:

    @jac When you say “templates”, do you mean “themes” ?

    Yes sorry mate.

  • @phenomlab said in NodeBB templates:

    @jac When you say “templates”, do you mean “themes” ?

    Yes sorry mate.

    @jac ok. I’m just wondering if @DownPW would like to be part of this given the work we’ve done together in terms of the theme switcher.

    My personal thoughts here are any themes made available should be open source and free to use. I’m happy to provide the CSS for both light and dark themes sudonix uses if someone else could benefit from them.

  • @jac said in NodeBB templates:

    There doesn’t seem to be loads of NodeBB templates available, I wonder if you’d ever consider making a premium template like Sudonix has and making it available for sale?
    I know you help people with changes that they require but I was just thinking as like a premium theme out of the box sort of thing

    No problems streaming CSS if needed.
    I largely copied Sudonix’s black theme for my forum with a few variations 😆

  • @jac said in NodeBB templates:

    There doesn’t seem to be loads of NodeBB templates available, I wonder if you’d ever consider making a premium template like Sudonix has and making it available for sale?
    I know you help people with changes that they require but I was just thinking as like a premium theme out of the box sort of thing

    No problems streaming CSS if needed.
    I largely copied Sudonix’s black theme for my forum with a few variations 😆

    @downpw I don’t think streaming CSS files is a good idea - they should be hosted locally for performance reasons alone. My thoughts were around using the theme switcher tool we created to enable others to use multiple themes, or choose the one they like best 😄

  • yes it’s better ^^

  • @phenomlab @DownPW absolutely, I suppose if you go off one really good template (theme) then you can add your own changes for example the required colour for my forum is navy blue, but at least a very good base would be there.

    Maybe updating (making changes) to it could be difficult or classed as copying I guess.

  • @phenomlab

    I can create a topic dedicated to Switcher theme with all the JS and CSS (which is not in the topic) for better readability if you want ? (With your authorisation off course)

    This way, the feature is available to all Sudonix readers on a dedicated thread 🙂


    Regarding the CSS themes, I think that each theme is specific to the site depending on the plugins they use etc. but it is doable with lot of work

  • @phenomlab

    I can create a topic dedicated to Switcher theme with all the JS and CSS (which is not in the topic) for better readability if you want ? (With your authorisation off course)

    This way, the feature is available to all Sudonix readers on a dedicated thread 🙂


    Regarding the CSS themes, I think that each theme is specific to the site depending on the plugins they use etc. but it is doable with lot of work

    @downpw said in NodeBB templates:

    I can create a topic dedicated to Switcher theme with all the JS and CSS (which is not in the topic) for better readability if you want ? (With your authorisation off course)

    Great idea - you don’t need my permission to create new threads that are meaningful - we may need to reference the original topic, but I agree, a new thread makes sense now that the code and functionality is stable and mature.

  • Ok I will do that as soon i possible dude 😉

  • Placing this here for reference
    https://sudonix.com/topic/216/nodebb-js-script-css-theme-switcher

    Further information and posts can be found at this link

  • phenomlabundefined phenomlab locked this topic on

Related Topics
  • What’s going on with NodeBB?

    Performance nodebb script die
    20
    8 Votes
    20 Posts
    4k Views
    @cagatay The most reliable way to upgrade Node.js on Ubuntu depends on how you originally installed it. Method 1: Using NVM (Recommended) If you already use Node Version Manager (NVM), upgrading is simple. NVM allows you to keep both versions and switch between them if needed. Install Node 22: nvm install 22 Switch to Node 22: nvm use 22 Set it as your default: nvm alias default 22 Verify the change: node -v Method 2: Using NodeSource (PPA) If you installed Node.js via apt using the NodeSource repository, you need to update the repository script to point to the new version. Remove the old NodeSource list (optional but cleaner): sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/nodesource.list Download and run the NodeSource setup script for Node 22: curl -fsSL [https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_22.x](https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_22.x) | sudo -E bash - Install/Upgrade Node.js: sudo apt-get install -y nodejs Verify the installation: node -v Method 3: Using the ‘n’ Package If you have npm installed, you can use the n interactive manager. Clear the npm cache: sudo npm cache clean -f Install the ‘n’ helper: sudo npm install -g n Install Node 22: sudo n 22 Update your shell: hash -r Troubleshooting Permission Denied: If you see permission errors using Method 2 or 3, ensure you are using sudo. Path Issues: If node -v still shows version 20 after upgrading via NVM, restart your terminal or run source ~/.bashrc. Conflicts: Avoid mixing these methods. If you switch from apt to nvm, it is best to sudo apt remove nodejs first to avoid path conflicts.
  • NodeBB v4.0.0

    General nodebb sudonix version 4
    28
    4 Votes
    28 Posts
    7k Views
    @Panda said in NodeBB v4.0.0: the workings of World aren’t intuitive Its not easy to get World populating when a forum is new to it This is a good point and one I’ve considered also. It’s a little confusing to be honest.
  • Test of youtube embeds

    Solved Configure nodebb
    14
    11 Votes
    14 Posts
    4k Views
    @phenomlab Perfect!!! Many thanks.
  • What plugins are being used here on Sudonix?

    Solved General nodebb plugins development
    6
    5 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @Roki-Antic Welcome! This site isn’t running Persona, but Harmony - a very heavily customised version at that. Do you have a URL where your site is currently located that is publicly accessible? Feel free to PM this info if you do not want to disclose here. Happy to help with any customisation needs.
  • Smart Widgets

    Solved Configure nodebb
    9
    3 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    @Panda said in Smart Widgets: So why is that, or conversely why would the function to expose username ever be required, as it seems app.user is already an available global object? It is, yes, but not if you are using it outside of a widget. The function I wrote is also historical and comes from the 2.x train
  • 2 Votes
    2 Posts
    888 Views
    @dave1904 that’s a really good point actually. I know it was there previously on Persona, but you’re right - no such function exists on harmony. However, putting something in place to mimick the behaviour of Persona won’t be hard from the js standpoint, although I wonder if perhaps we should ask the NodeBB developers is this feature was overlooked?
  • 14 Votes
    69 Posts
    55k Views
    @phenomlab Seems to be better with some scaling fix for redis on redis.conf. I haven’t seen the message yet since the changes I made # I increase it to the value of /proc/sys/net/core/somaxconn tcp-backlog 4096 # I'm uncommenting because it can slow down Redis. Uncommented by default !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #save 900 1 #save 300 10 #save 60 10000 If you have other Redis optimizations. I take all your advice https://severalnines.com/blog/performance-tuning-redis/
  • NodeBB vs Discourse

    Chitchat nodebb discourse board
    25
    6 Votes
    25 Posts
    13k Views
    @phenomlab said in NodeBB vs Discourse: Hetzner eh ? I use them also. In fact, Sudonix is hosted in Nuremberg yes i’m also at hetzner, i have been a customer there for years with a reseller account for domains. My VPS that I host there are also in Nuremberg