Skip to content

[NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS

Solved Customisation
258 5 148.8k 3
  • I’d like to do the same thing with the website logo.

    For example, at Christmas time, I’d like to change my logo to something like a Santa hat, but it’s always cut off.

    I’ve tried adjusting the size and margins, and even modifying the logo’s pixels directly, but it doesn’t seem to work. It’s always cut off in the same way.

    said in [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS:

    I’d like to do the same thing with the website logo.

    For example, at Christmas time, I’d like to change my logo to something like a Santa hat, but it’s always cut off.

    I’ve tried adjusting the size and margins, and even modifying the logo’s pixels directly, but it doesn’t seem to work. It’s always cut off in the same way.

    @phenomlab ?

  • This post is deleted!
  • I just upgraded to the latest version to see if I could replicate this, which I can’t. Do you perhaps have overriding CSS?

  • resolve with :

    li[component=post] a[href*=“/groups/administrators”] {
    position: absolute !important;
    left: 2px;
    z-index: 2;
    margin-top: 1px;
    border-radius: 999px !important;
    line-height: 14px;
    display: block;
    margin-left: 6px !important;
    background: var(–bs-user-level-bg) !important;
    color: var(–bs-body-color-primary) !important;
    width: auto;
    }

  • resolve with :

    li[component=post] a[href*=“/groups/administrators”] {
    position: absolute !important;
    left: 2px;
    z-index: 2;
    margin-top: 1px;
    border-radius: 999px !important;
    line-height: 14px;
    display: block;
    margin-left: 6px !important;
    background: var(–bs-user-level-bg) !important;
    color: var(–bs-body-color-primary) !important;
    width: auto;
    }

    @DownPW great, but use position: absolute; carefully and sparingly

  • Hi,

    I’d like to enlarge the div so that the logo is fully displayed. Right now, for example, it’s cut off on the right at the glasses.

    8d7fea95-a138-42be-9ffd-12448b0b6fcd-image.jpeg

    an idea ?

  • if I set :

    • {
      overflow: visible !important;
      }
      it’s OK.

    I have not overflow: hidden in my custom css on acp…

    Maybe because Fancybox add an <a> no ?

    9780086b-1ca2-4b61-bf56-b4eb9e1c8871-image.jpeg

  • if I set :

    • {
      overflow: visible !important;
      }
      it’s OK.

    I have not overflow: hidden in my custom css on acp…

    Maybe because Fancybox add an <a> no ?

    9780086b-1ca2-4b61-bf56-b4eb9e1c8871-image.jpeg

    @DownPW strange. Fancybox doesn’t actually alter the image as far as I recall.

    Does it make a difference if you change the class name (in developer mode) from fancybox to say, fancybox1?

    If it works, then the class may have that defined already.

  • @baris said:

    You should change your selectors so it doesn’t look at the entire document. You probably only want to apply fancybox to stuff inside the #content element which is what changes when the user navigates around the page. So use $('#content a').... for your selectors then the forum logo in the header won’t be selected.

    I modified the JS Fancybox code now and this code and it seem better 🙂

    // ---------------------------------------------
    // Fancybox Media Reader (Without Website Logo)
    // ---------------------------------------------
    
    if (top.location.pathname !== '/login') {
        $(window).on('action:posts.loaded', function(data) {
            console.log("Polling DOM for lazyLoaded images to apply Fancybox");
            $(document).ready(function() {
                $('#content a').not('.forum-logo').not(".avatar").not(".emoji").not(".bmac-noanimate").each(function() {
                    $('#content a[href*=".jpg"], #content a[href*=".jpeg"], #content a[href*=".png"], #content a[href*=".gif"], #content a[href*=".webp"]').addClass("noanimate");
                });
            });
        });
    }
    
    if (top.location.pathname !== '/login') {
        $(document).ready(function() {
            $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
                $('#content a').not('.logo').not(".avatar").not(".emoji").not(".bmac-noanimate").each(function() {
                    $('#content a[href*=".jpg"], #content a[href*=".jpeg"], #content a[href*=".png"], #content a[href*=".gif"], #content a[href*=".webp"]').addClass("noanimate");
                    data.preventDefault()
                    // Strip out the images contained inside blockquotes as this looks nasty :)
                    $('#content blockquote img').remove();
                });
                Fancybox.bind(
                    '#content a[href*=".jpg"], #content a[href*=".jpeg"], #content a[href*=".png"], #content a[href*=".gif"], #content a[href*=".webp"]',
                    {
                        groupAll: true,
                    }
                );
            });
        });
    }
    
    // Chat fancybox - fires when chat module loaded and AJAX calls new chat
    $(document).ready(function() {
        $(window).on('action:chat.loaded', function(data) {
            // >>> Se limiter au contenu principal uniquement <<<
            $('#content img').not('.forum-logo').not(".avatar").not(".emoji").not(".bmac-noanimate").each(function() {
                var newHref = $(this).attr("src");
                $(this).wrap("<a class='fancybox' href='" + newHref + "'/>");
                $('#content a[href*=".jpg"], #content a[href*=".jpeg"], #content a[href*=".png"], #content a[href*=".gif"], #content a[href*=".webp"]').addClass("noanimate");
                data.preventDefault();
                // Strip out the images contained inside blockquotes as this looks nasty :)
                $('#content blockquote img').remove();
            });
            Fancybox.bind(
                '#content a[href*=".jpg"], #content a[href*=".jpeg"], #content a[href*=".png"], #content a[href*=".gif"], #content a[href*=".webp"]',
                {
                    groupAll: true,
                }
            );
        });
    });
    

    For the logo, I must use overflow: visible !important; on [component="brand/logo"]

    /* --- Logo --- */
    [component="brand/logo"] {
      max-height: 50px;
      width: auto;
      height: auto;
      max-width: 100%;     
      display: block;
      object-fit: contain;  
      object-position: left center;
      overflow: visible !important;
    }
    

    Better result !!

  • 23121622-50c4-4820-9df3-2c0f1673e070-image.jpeg

    Since the latest update, all my icons have disappeared. Could you please advise how to restore them?

  • You use custom version of Font Awesome ?

  • yes @downpw

  • @cagatay said:

    yes @downpw

    So is taht the problem.
    The core migrated to FA6 and no longer automatically includes the compatibility layers. The all.css alone is no longer enough because it only loads icons in native FA6 syntax (fa-solid, fa-regular, etc.). Your old icons using FA4 syntax (fa fa-something) are no longer recognized without the shims.

    Hence the need for the three files:

    • all.css: the FA6 icons themselves
    • v4-shims.css: the mapping table that remaps the old FA4 names to their FA6 equivalents (many icons were renamed between FA4 and FA6)
    • v4-font-face.css: redeclares the FontAwesome @font-face with the old family names (FontAwesome instead of "Font Awesome 6 Pro"), so CSS selectors targeting the old font-family keep resolving

    So if your customs still use FA4 syntax, all three are required.

    I load my Custom FA like this in my ACP/Headers :

    <link href="/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome.Pro.6.x.x/css/all.css" rel="stylesheet" />
    <link href="/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome.Pro.6.x.x/css/v4-shims.css" rel="stylesheet" />
    <link href="/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome.Pro.6.x.x/css/v4-font-face.css" rel="stylesheet" />
    
  • how i create those folders. i added ACP/HEADERS the codes but not working.

  • how i create those folders. i added ACP/HEADERS the codes but not working.

    @cagatay said:

    how i create those folders. i added ACP/HEADERS the codes but not working.

    Adapt path to your custom installation. I don’t know where is your custom FA Folder nor how you use it

  • You need to load your Font Awesome CSS files by adjusting this code to the path where you saved them.

    But honestly, I don’t know how you’ve configured your site in this regard.

  • <meta http-equiv=“Content-Type” content=“text/html; charset=utf-8” />
    <link href=“/assets/fonts/fonts.min.css?version=1” rel=“stylesheet”>
    <link href=“/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome.Pro.6.x.x/css/all.css” rel=“stylesheet” />
    <link href=“/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome.Pro.6.x.x/css/v4-shims.css” rel=“stylesheet” />
    <link href=“/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome.Pro.6.x.x/css/v4-font-face.css” rel=“stylesheet” />
    <script src=“https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/@fancyapps/ui@5.0/dist/fancybox/fancybox.umd.js”></script>
    <link rel=“stylesheet” href=“https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/@fancyapps/ui@5.0/dist/fancybox/fancybox.css”/>
    <a id=“pageUp” class=“”><i class=“fas fa-chevron-up”></i></a>
    <div id=“readingposition” class=“reading-meter” style=“bottom: 0px;”>
    <div class=“reading-meter-background rounded-1 border border-gray-300 ready”>
    <div class=“reading-meter-progress-bar rounded-1” id=“progress-bar”>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

    what i have now

  • <meta http-equiv=“Content-Type” content=“text/html; charset=utf-8” />
    <link href=“/assets/fonts/fonts.min.css?version=1” rel=“stylesheet”>
    <link href=“/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome.Pro.6.x.x/css/all.css” rel=“stylesheet” />
    <link href=“/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome.Pro.6.x.x/css/v4-shims.css” rel=“stylesheet” />
    <link href=“/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome.Pro.6.x.x/css/v4-font-face.css” rel=“stylesheet” />
    <script src=“https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/@fancyapps/ui@5.0/dist/fancybox/fancybox.umd.js”></script>
    <link rel=“stylesheet” href=“https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/@fancyapps/ui@5.0/dist/fancybox/fancybox.css”/>
    <a id=“pageUp” class=“”><i class=“fas fa-chevron-up”></i></a>
    <div id=“readingposition” class=“reading-meter” style=“bottom: 0px;”>
    <div class=“reading-meter-background rounded-1 border border-gray-300 ready”>
    <div class=“reading-meter-progress-bar rounded-1” id=“progress-bar”>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

    what i have now

    @cagatay if you look in the console (developers console in browser) do you see any error messages being returned?

    Linux is case sensitive, and it’s possible to have the same filename and folder name in upper and lower case.

    I suspect this might be the issue, but I could be wrong.

  • Mark, the situation is that since I used your CSS files, I don’t even have the Frontawese folder. Because of that, I really need your direct help. I’d really appreciate it if you could take a look whenever you have some free time.

  • Hi Mark, hope you’re doing well. Are you going to be able to help me with this?


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • 2 Votes
    1 Posts
    502 Views
    No one has replied
  • Bug in Nodebb route when clicking title

    Moved Configure nodebb
    3
    2 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    Ah silly me, thanks for finding that!
  • Title on homepage of nodebb forum

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    2
    1 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    @eveh Welcome board The code you are referring to is custom written as no such functionality exists under NodeBB. However, adding the functionality is relatively trivial. Below are the required steps Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-header Add the below code to your header, and save once completed <ol id="mainbanner" class="breadcrumb"><li id="addtext">Your Title Goes Here</li></ol> Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-js and add the below code, then save $(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { // Initialise mainbanner ID, but hide it from view $('#mainbanner').hide(); var pathname = window.location.pathname; if (pathname === "/") { $("#addtext").text("Your Title"); $('#mainbanner').show(); } else {} // If we want to add a title to a sub page, uncomment the below and adjust accordingly //if (pathname === "/yourpath") { //$("#addtext").text("Your Title"); //$('#mainbanner').show(); //} }); }); Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-css and add the below CSS block .breadcrumb { right: 0; margin-right: auto; text-align: center; background: #0086c4; color: #ffffff; width: 100vw; position: relative; margin-left: -50vw; left: 50%; top: 50px; position: fixed; z-index: 1020; } Note, that you will need to adjust your CSS code to suit your own site / requirements.
  • [NodeBB] Custom fields plugin

    Unsolved Customisation nodebb plugins javascript custom
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @pwsincd hi. Just following up on this thread (I know it’s old) but was curious to understand if it’s still an issue or not ?
  • [NODEBB] CSS Style Sheets SelectBox

    Locked Solved Customisation css
    112
    24 Votes
    112 Posts
    58k Views
    @DownPW as discussed in PM Seems to have been solved with the new JS code that you added allowing the version CSS file change!! Cache problem therefore with the JS of the Switcher theme Based on this, I will close this thread and reference https://sudonix.com/topic/207/nodebb-help-for-my-custom-css/27
  • nodebb-plugin-customize error

    Solved Customisation
    25
    2 Votes
    25 Posts
    15k Views
    @phenomlab it work, thanks
  • CSS Help on my Flarum

    Solved Customisation
    5
    2
    2 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @mike-jones Yes, you’ll typically see this type of behaviour if there is another style that has higher priority in the sense that yours will be overridden. Using !important will override the higher preference, but should be used sparingly rather than everywhere.
  • Customising NodeBB

    Locked Customisation nodebb
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    Closing this thread as a duplicate of https://sudonix.com/topic/12/nodebb-customisation