Who uses Flarum?

Chitchat
This topic was forked from iOS 18 - Inspired by Fisher-Price? phenomlab

Related Topics
  • Forum customisation

Customisation
    4 Votes
    6 Posts

Thanks very much for all the guidance, I’m currently away and don’t have the laptop on me so I’ll get to these changes next week.

• Want to use Sudonix themes ?

Chitchat
    33 Votes
    75 Posts
    2k Views

@cagatay Not to my knowledge.

• Flarum SEO is worst and i still want to use it 😭

General
    6 Votes
    15 Posts
    1k Views

@Hari said in Flarum SEO is worst and i still want to use it 😭:

Flarum is coded in such a way where it tells spiders not to crawl any internal links by adding nofollow tag. How stupid this is

Yes, I agree this doesn’t make any sense. If you compare to WordPress, then (via a plugin of course) you can set the attribute as you wish. It doesn’t make any sense to take a blanket approach. I guess I unerstand why they are doing this, but it’s not an optimum SEO methodology.

@Hari said in Flarum SEO is worst and i still want to use it 😭:

For few minutes i thought i should register a domain called flarumSEOsucks.com

They’d probably sue you for using the Flarum name in a URL 😕

• how to change flarum configuration from apache to nginx?

Solved Configure
    0 Votes
    3 Posts

See https://sudonix.com/topic/226/issues-getting-flarum-to-work-on-new-host/28?_=1645013723672

• move out from flarum to wordpress

WordPress
    52 Votes
    87 Posts
    9k Views

@Hari Glad to see this went so well, and that you’ve finally departed the Flarum ecosystem 🙂

• Flarum

General
    0 Votes
    4 Posts

@jac said in Flarum:

@phenomlab said in Flarum:

@jac yes, but they are lacking severely in the sense that they still do not have a functional GDPR extension. In addition, Flarum uses PHP as it’s backend infrastructure meaning it’s going to be so much slower than NodeBB will ever be.

Absolutely, I hope Node up their game 😆😉.

Certainly plugin wise anyway 😉

• Why is the phenomlab/fancybox-wrapper repo removed?

Solved General
    4 Votes
    6 Posts

@katos Thanks

• Forum customisation

Customisation
    3 Votes
    17 Posts
    1k Views

@jac said in Forum customisation:

@phenomlab said in Forum customisation:

@jac 100%. Just setting up some free time. I’m on annual leave from work offer the coming 2 weeks so hopefully will have a bit more time then.

Not a problem Mark, I don’t wish for you to use all your spare time doing that, just do it when you can, no issues 🙂

I know you’re busy doing other things but when you get a chance mate I’m happy for this to go ahead along with the RSS script.

👍🏻