Skip to content

Fontawesome 5

Unsolved Customisation
14 2 4.9k 1
  • @phenomlab the free version

    @pwsincd Here’s the steps to add

    1. Open the ACP, and go to Appearance -> Custom Header. Within the custom header, we need to add
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/font-awesome/5.15.4/css/all.min.css" integrity="sha512-1ycn6IcaQQ40/MKBW2W4Rhis/DbILU74C1vSrLJxCq57o941Ym01SwNsOMqvEBFlcgUa6xLiPY/NS5R+E6ztJQ==" crossorigin="anonymous" referrerpolicy="no-referrer" />
    

    It should look like the below. Don’t forget to add the DOCTYPE and <head> values before anything else.

    e4c19939-e079-4507-907b-d6de2e4a6202-image.png

    1. In the same location, we need to add
    <script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/font-awesome/5.15.4/js/all.min.js" integrity="sha512-Tn2m0TIpgVyTzzvmxLNuqbSJH3JP8jm+Cy3hvHrW7ndTDcJ1w5mBiksqDBb8GpE2ksktFvDB/ykZ0mDpsZj20w==" crossorigin="anonymous" referrerpolicy="no-referrer"></script>
    

    You should now have something like the below

    0aa95976-c73d-4737-9cc2-c7eae8ca9c69-image.png

    Ensure that both of the below are on

    beaa416f-fd89-45e2-80b4-ab561443934b-image.png

    Save the changes

    This will now pull the required CSS and JS from the CDN on each page load. When attempting to use the font itself, you will need to identify it with font-family, so for example

    .mytarget {
    font-family: "Font Awesome 5 Free";
    font-weight: 900;
    }
    

    Note that the free version only supports the solid icons, so it’s necessary to set the font-weight attribute.

    If you are looking to replace the existing icons, let me know as this requires additional configuration for it to work properly. This is something I do with a Pro subscription I have that Sudonix is using.

  • @pwsincd Here’s the steps to add

    1. Open the ACP, and go to Appearance -> Custom Header. Within the custom header, we need to add
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/font-awesome/5.15.4/css/all.min.css" integrity="sha512-1ycn6IcaQQ40/MKBW2W4Rhis/DbILU74C1vSrLJxCq57o941Ym01SwNsOMqvEBFlcgUa6xLiPY/NS5R+E6ztJQ==" crossorigin="anonymous" referrerpolicy="no-referrer" />
    

    It should look like the below. Don’t forget to add the DOCTYPE and <head> values before anything else.

    e4c19939-e079-4507-907b-d6de2e4a6202-image.png

    1. In the same location, we need to add
    <script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/font-awesome/5.15.4/js/all.min.js" integrity="sha512-Tn2m0TIpgVyTzzvmxLNuqbSJH3JP8jm+Cy3hvHrW7ndTDcJ1w5mBiksqDBb8GpE2ksktFvDB/ykZ0mDpsZj20w==" crossorigin="anonymous" referrerpolicy="no-referrer"></script>
    

    You should now have something like the below

    0aa95976-c73d-4737-9cc2-c7eae8ca9c69-image.png

    Ensure that both of the below are on

    beaa416f-fd89-45e2-80b4-ab561443934b-image.png

    Save the changes

    This will now pull the required CSS and JS from the CDN on each page load. When attempting to use the font itself, you will need to identify it with font-family, so for example

    .mytarget {
    font-family: "Font Awesome 5 Free";
    font-weight: 900;
    }
    

    Note that the free version only supports the solid icons, so it’s necessary to set the font-weight attribute.

    If you are looking to replace the existing icons, let me know as this requires additional configuration for it to work properly. This is something I do with a Pro subscription I have that Sudonix is using.

    @phenomlab This is great , i think you included some info i was missing i was almost there … replacing the whole sites fonts would be cool , is that with some kind of shim?

  • @phenomlab This is great , i think you included some info i was missing i was almost there … replacing the whole sites fonts would be cool , is that with some kind of shim?

    @pwsincd No, you should be able to override all of them, but likely on a one-by-one basis. You could use the css class of * but this is complete overkill and will impact other fonts on the site as it covers every single class.

  • @pwsincd No, you should be able to override all of them, but likely on a one-by-one basis. You could use the css class of * but this is complete overkill and will impact other fonts on the site as it covers every single class.

    @phenomlab Capture.PNG

    adding the code you posted , instantly affects some icons with the default FontAwesome as you can see they are now ?

  • @phenomlab Capture.PNG

    adding the code you posted , instantly affects some icons with the default FontAwesome as you can see they are now ?

    @pwsincd Can you share a URL where I can see this ? Over PM if you’d prefer 🙂

  • @phenomlab Capture.PNG

    adding the code you posted , instantly affects some icons with the default FontAwesome as you can see they are now ?

    @pwsincd This doesn’t look right at all

    2a8e7877-7728-45de-9a8d-c1f4b0f0123b-image.png

    Can you give me admin access to this site so I can take a look at your config please ?

    Let me know if feasible, and I’ll create an account.

  • @pwsincd This doesn’t look right at all

    2a8e7877-7728-45de-9a8d-c1f4b0f0123b-image.png

    Can you give me admin access to this site so I can take a look at your config please ?

    Let me know if feasible, and I’ll create an account.

    @phenomlab did u make an account

  • @phenomlab did u make an account

    @pwsincd Just created one

  • @pwsincd Just created one

    @phenomlab ok i will have to get back to this … i will DM when i available… IRL calling.

  • @phenomlab ok i will have to get back to this … i will DM when i available… IRL calling.

    @pwsincd no problems. Just let me know.

  • @phenomlab ok i will have to get back to this … i will DM when i available… IRL calling.

    @pwsincd hi. Just following up on this thread (I know it’s old) but was curious to understand if it’s still an issue or not ?


Related Topics
  • TNG + Nodebb

    General tng genealogy nodebb plugin
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @Madchatthew said in TNG + Nodebb: you have to try and use duck tape and super glue to change something to make it do what you want it to do I couldn’t have put that better myself.
  • Why CSS acts different in Desktop?

    Bugs nodebb
    11
    4 Votes
    11 Posts
    3k Views
    @DownPW I’d have to agree with that.
  • Composer options on nodebb

    Solved Configure nodebb
    8
    1
    3 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda You should be able to expose the CSS for these using F12 to get into console [image: 1686833368846-3591518c-e3a3-4ada-a43c-6b32a5e0359c-image.png] [image: 1686833399483-a2b8ed46-4157-4ff2-85f0-576543380107-image.png] That should then expose the element once selected [image: 1686833431032-89d9c545-a47a-40d1-98f4-80cf3b958e8f-image.png] Here’s the below CSS you need based on the screenshot provided. .composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="picture-o"], .composer .formatting-bar .formatting-group li[data-format="spoiler"] { display: none; }
  • Can you adjust Admin settings on your NodeBB?

    Bugs nodebb
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda as, yes, now I understand and that makes 100% sense. It means those who get down voted can still have an opinion and use common services. And yes, you’re right. Rather than down vote, just ignore if you don’t agree.
  • 5 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    Nice. Very good tips Mark
  • CSS3: Gradient Generator

    Development css gradient
    1
    1 Votes
    1 Posts
    812 Views
    No one has replied
  • nodebb dropdown menu

    Solved Configure nodebb
    5
    1
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab said in nodebb dropdown menu: @kurulumu-net You set it like the below example taken from this site [image: 1637939951821-aae36790-3257-4bb2-ad5a-0d744309876a-image.png] Which presents this [image: 1637939983445-77f47260-2941-4afe-9614-8e17dcfc8c19-image.png] Very interesting… I actually thought this wasn’t possible, as I remember it being asked in the NodeBB forum. Is this something new that’s been implemented? I’ll 100% be doing that when I’m on the laptop over the weekend.
  • Nodebb Hashtag plugin

    Solved General
    15
    1 Votes
    15 Posts
    5k Views
    @jac Great ! I’ll close this off.