Skip to content

NodeBB templates

Locked Chitchat
12 3 4.3k 1
  • There doesn’t seem to be loads of NodeBB templates available, I wonder if you’d ever consider making a premium template like Sudonix has and making it available for sale?

    I know you help people with changes that they require but I was just thinking as like a premium theme out of the box sort of thing.

  • There doesn’t seem to be loads of NodeBB templates available, I wonder if you’d ever consider making a premium template like Sudonix has and making it available for sale?

    I know you help people with changes that they require but I was just thinking as like a premium theme out of the box sort of thing.

    @jac When you say “templates”, do you mean “themes” ?

  • @jac When you say “templates”, do you mean “themes” ?

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB templates:

    @jac When you say “templates”, do you mean “themes” ?

    Yes sorry mate.

  • @phenomlab said in NodeBB templates:

    @jac When you say “templates”, do you mean “themes” ?

    Yes sorry mate.

    @jac ok. I’m just wondering if @DownPW would like to be part of this given the work we’ve done together in terms of the theme switcher.

    My personal thoughts here are any themes made available should be open source and free to use. I’m happy to provide the CSS for both light and dark themes sudonix uses if someone else could benefit from them.

  • @jac said in NodeBB templates:

    There doesn’t seem to be loads of NodeBB templates available, I wonder if you’d ever consider making a premium template like Sudonix has and making it available for sale?
    I know you help people with changes that they require but I was just thinking as like a premium theme out of the box sort of thing

    No problems streaming CSS if needed.
    I largely copied Sudonix’s black theme for my forum with a few variations 😆

  • @jac said in NodeBB templates:

    There doesn’t seem to be loads of NodeBB templates available, I wonder if you’d ever consider making a premium template like Sudonix has and making it available for sale?
    I know you help people with changes that they require but I was just thinking as like a premium theme out of the box sort of thing

    No problems streaming CSS if needed.
    I largely copied Sudonix’s black theme for my forum with a few variations 😆

    @downpw I don’t think streaming CSS files is a good idea - they should be hosted locally for performance reasons alone. My thoughts were around using the theme switcher tool we created to enable others to use multiple themes, or choose the one they like best 😄

  • yes it’s better ^^

  • @phenomlab @DownPW absolutely, I suppose if you go off one really good template (theme) then you can add your own changes for example the required colour for my forum is navy blue, but at least a very good base would be there.

    Maybe updating (making changes) to it could be difficult or classed as copying I guess.

  • @phenomlab

    I can create a topic dedicated to Switcher theme with all the JS and CSS (which is not in the topic) for better readability if you want ? (With your authorisation off course)

    This way, the feature is available to all Sudonix readers on a dedicated thread 🙂


    Regarding the CSS themes, I think that each theme is specific to the site depending on the plugins they use etc. but it is doable with lot of work

  • @phenomlab

    I can create a topic dedicated to Switcher theme with all the JS and CSS (which is not in the topic) for better readability if you want ? (With your authorisation off course)

    This way, the feature is available to all Sudonix readers on a dedicated thread 🙂


    Regarding the CSS themes, I think that each theme is specific to the site depending on the plugins they use etc. but it is doable with lot of work

    @downpw said in NodeBB templates:

    I can create a topic dedicated to Switcher theme with all the JS and CSS (which is not in the topic) for better readability if you want ? (With your authorisation off course)

    Great idea - you don’t need my permission to create new threads that are meaningful - we may need to reference the original topic, but I agree, a new thread makes sense now that the code and functionality is stable and mature.

  • Ok I will do that as soon i possible dude 😉

  • Placing this here for reference
    https://sudonix.com/topic/216/nodebb-js-script-css-theme-switcher

    Further information and posts can be found at this link

  • phenomlabundefined phenomlab locked this topic on

Related Topics
  • Page control arrows for PWA

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    27
    25 Votes
    27 Posts
    13k Views
    @crazycells it is, yes - I think I’ll leave it as there is no specific PWA CSS classes I know of. Well, you could use something like the below, but this means multiple CSS files for different operating systems. /** * Determine the mobile operating system. * This function returns one of 'iOS', 'Android', 'Windows Phone', or 'unknown'. * * @returns {String} */ function getMobileOperatingSystem() { var userAgent = navigator.userAgent || navigator.vendor || window.opera; // Windows Phone must come first because its UA also contains "Android" if (/windows phone/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Windows Phone"; } if (/android/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Android"; } if (/iPad|iPhone|iPod/.test(userAgent) && !window.MSStream) { return "iOS"; } return "unknown"; // return “Android” - one should either handle the unknown or fallback to a specific platform, let’s say Android } Once you’re in that rabbit hole, it’s impossible to get out of it.
  • Can you adjust Admin settings on your NodeBB?

    Bugs nodebb
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda as, yes, now I understand and that makes 100% sense. It means those who get down voted can still have an opinion and use common services. And yes, you’re right. Rather than down vote, just ignore if you don’t agree.
  • Q&A Plugin Changes NodeBB

    Solved Customisation nodebb q&a plugin
    25
    1
    6 Votes
    25 Posts
    10k Views
    @phenomlab said in Q&A Plugin Changes NodeBB: float: right; left: 10px; } worked thank you
  • Rotating homepage icons, gifs?

    Solved Configure nodebb
    2
    3 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @eveh It’s not a GIF, no. It’s actually a webp file so made much smaller, and uses keyframes to control the rotation on hover. You can easily make your own though The CSS for that is as below @keyframes rotate180 { from { transform: rotate(0deg); } to { transform: rotate(180deg); } } @keyframes rotate0 { from { transform: rotate(180deg); } to { transform: rotate(0deg); } } Your milage may vary on the CSS below, as it’s custom for Sudonix, but this is the class that is used to control the rotate .header .forum-logo, img.forum-logo.head { max-height: 50px; width: auto; height: 30px; margin-top: 9px; max-width: 150px; min-width: 32px; display: inline-block; animation-name: rotate180, rotate0; animation-duration: 1000ms; animation-delay: 0s, 1000ms; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-timing-function: linear; transition: transform 1000ms ease-in-out; }
  • CPU usage higher than expected for nodeBB (on clients)

    Chitchat
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    2k Views
    @qwinter Yes, although the experience would be very much degraded without websockets.
  • [NodeBB] greeting message

    Solved Customisation css nodebb javascript
    2
    1
    3 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    @pwsincd welcome to sudonix, and thanks for the comments. What your looking for is here https://sudonix.com/topic/195/nodebb-welcome-message/3?_=1648295651358
  • background color of the footer area

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    7
    1
    7 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    @phenomlab thank you very much
  • NodeBB vs Discourse

    Chitchat nodebb discourse board
    25
    6 Votes
    25 Posts
    13k Views
    @phenomlab said in NodeBB vs Discourse: Hetzner eh ? I use them also. In fact, Sudonix is hosted in Nuremberg yes i’m also at hetzner, i have been a customer there for years with a reseller account for domains. My VPS that I host there are also in Nuremberg