Skip to content

[NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS

Solved Customisation
258 5 148.9k 3
  • image.png

    Just this bug.

    How can I change the icon color of the active page? as you can see, the icon is not visible when we are on the selected page
    I don’t want to change background active primary color but for example change icon to white like the text or other color

    @DownPW I just checked this, and it looks as though you are using using a transparent colour to work around the hover issue?

  • @phenomlab

    Not at all 🙂
    The problem occurs on the left sidebar but not in the Brand menu.

  • @phenomlab

    Not at all 🙂
    The problem occurs on the left sidebar but not in the Brand menu.

    @DownPW This is what I see in the left side bar. I am using the Metallic theme?

    7c18de0d-dda1-45a4-9380-a84cdc080818-image.png

  • You must have a cache problem because the CSS is not even active on your image 😉

    The problem appears on the current page and not the hover

    For example, use the menu to go to the Rules page. Once on the rules page, reuse the menu to see the bug

  • You must have a cache problem because the CSS is not even active on your image 😉

    The problem appears on the current page and not the hover

    For example, use the menu to go to the Rules page. Once on the rules page, reuse the menu to see the bug

    @DownPW Cache cleared, but…

    521b3bec-7fa2-4baf-b94d-53494d92c10e-image.png

  • re test and click on a link ?

  • image.png

  • @DownPW I see it in an incognito session - looks like I’ve got some browser related issues 😕

    00df3417-3292-40d9-b030-231d63982c24-image.png

    So it’s not hover, but :active

    I’d ne inclined to use transparency here as it’s much less effort

    .dropdown-item.active, .dropdown-item:active {
        --bs-dropdown-link-active-bg: #b9babe38;
    }
    

    That will give you (for this swatch at least)

    eb4040fc-7b5a-4cae-b77e-9cf37570b14b-image.png

  • image.png

    Just this bug.

    How can I change the icon color of the active page? as you can see, the icon is not visible when we are on the selected page
    I don’t want to change background active primary color but for example change icon to white like the text or other color

    @DownPW said in [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS:

    Just this bug.

    How can I change the icon color of the active page

  • Yes thnaks it’s a solution but is there another way? Like targeting icons when the dropdown is active rather than changing the background because I already use --bs-dropdown-link-active-bg elsewhere

    Otherwise we can cheat by changing the color of the icons at any time but I find it less good.

    maybe change html for add specific class

    It’s just a question, I can eventually satisfy myself with this solution

  • Yes thnaks it’s a solution but is there another way? Like targeting icons when the dropdown is active rather than changing the background because I already use --bs-dropdown-link-active-bg elsewhere

    Otherwise we can cheat by changing the color of the icons at any time but I find it less good.

    maybe change html for add specific class

    It’s just a question, I can eventually satisfy myself with this solution

    @DownPW Try this

    a.active i {
        color: #ffffff!important;
    }
    
  • Seems to be definitevely better. Hope have no other effect 🙂
    Thank you Mark !

  • Seems to be definitevely better. Hope have no other effect 🙂
    Thank you Mark !

    @DownPW there shouldn’t be - it’s a fairly specific target, but if you do experience odd behaviour, let me know.

  • Hello mark,

    I would like to change the appearance of deleted messages in topics but I can’t find the target or the component.

    image.png

    For example, opacity or left timeline color of the deleted post

    And I would like the same things for deleted topics

    Hard to find these component or class !

    Thanks 🙂

  • Hello mark,

    I would like to change the appearance of deleted messages in topics but I can’t find the target or the component.

    image.png

    For example, opacity or left timeline color of the deleted post

    And I would like the same things for deleted topics

    Hard to find these component or class !

    Thanks 🙂

    @DownPW The topic CSS for this should be as below (note, I added the background and color)

    ul.categories-list li.deleted, ul.topics-list li.deleted {
        opacity: .6;
        background: red;
        color: yellow;
    }
    

    aba26d71-17be-41bf-88ab-e5bd7b63071d-image.png

    Threads for deleted posts in topics are covered by the .deleted class (note, I added the background and color)

    .deleted {
        background: black;
        color: orange;
    }
    

    914852d6-1a94-4e63-8bc2-f86e3e5a6ee4-image.png

  • Thanks you Mark !

    I know why I have don’t find this directive lol : I got my brushes tangled up in the dev console 🙂

    So for deleted post , I prefer use li.pt-4.deleted instead of .deleted because .deleted is in conflict with ul.categories-list li.deleted, ul.topics-list li.deleted 🙂

  • Thanks you Mark !

    I know why I have don’t find this directive lol : I got my brushes tangled up in the dev console 🙂

    So for deleted post , I prefer use li.pt-4.deleted instead of .deleted because .deleted is in conflict with ul.categories-list li.deleted, ul.topics-list li.deleted 🙂

    @DownPW yes, fair point. The .deleted class is implicit so you need to make it unique using other classes before it to create a chain which you’ve done.

  • Hello,

    because I use nsembed plugin now, I see the frame are a bit little compared to this forum which uses the same plugin.
    How did you handle that Mark?

    image.png

  • Hello,

    because I use nsembed plugin now, I see the frame are a bit little compared to this forum which uses the same plugin.
    How did you handle that Mark?

    image.png

    @DownPW sorry, I’m not entirely sure what you mean?

  • Sorry the player is small compared to here. I would like to enlarge them ^^ 😉

    – Mine :

    image.png

    – Here on sudonix :

    72b1af86-cb23-4bb3-8d08-0ceb4bb27435-image.png


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • TNG + Nodebb

    General tng genealogy nodebb plugin
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @Madchatthew said in TNG + Nodebb: you have to try and use duck tape and super glue to change something to make it do what you want it to do I couldn’t have put that better myself.
  • how to hide "moved" badge with CSS?

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    12
    1
    3 Votes
    12 Posts
    3k Views
    @crazycells ah, I see. That makes sense.
  • Custom badges

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    103
    2
    49 Votes
    103 Posts
    52k Views
    Perfect
  • answers appearance css code request

    Solved Customisation css answers
    11
    1
    1 Votes
    11 Posts
    4k Views
    @DownPW yes, because of the modifications that Sudonix uses, you’ll need to tailor to fit your needs.
  • [NodeBB] Import custom Font

    Solved Customisation custom fonts nodebb css
    12
    3 Votes
    12 Posts
    4k Views
    @cagatay you’ll need to define this in the body tag (or another element if you want greater or more granular targets) - for example body { font-family: "Poppins"; font-size: 16px; } Essentially, you use the font-size CSS directive.
  • Avatar on Topic Header

    Solved Customisation css avatar header
    9
    1
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    @jac said in Avatar on Topic Header: @downpw said in Avatar on Topic Header: Great Plugin I make it a bit cleaner via this CSS code: /*------------------------------------------------------------------*/ /*---------------- nodebb-plugin-browsing-users -----------------*/ /*------------------------------------------------------------------*/ /*Space between the avatar and the RSS icon */ .topic [component="topic/browsing-users"] { margin-bottom: -5px; padding-left: 10px; } /*Space between avatars*/ .pull-left { float: left!important; padding-right: 5px; } Do you have a screenshot of how this looks with the CSS change? Just added this change, thanks @DownPW
  • Iframely (Nodebb)

    Solved Configure
    40
    4 Votes
    40 Posts
    15k Views
    @DownPW This is now resolved. The issue was an incorrect URL specified in the Nodebb plugin. I’ve corrected this, and now it works as intended.
  • NodeBB Design help

    Solved Customisation
    8
    3
    2 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    @riekmedia I’ve applied some new CSS to your site. Can you reload the page and try again ? For the record, this is what I added #footer { background: #2d343e; border-top: 4px solid #2d343e; font-size: 0.9em; margin-top: 70px; padding: 80px 0 0; position: relative; clear: both; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; z-index: 1000; margin-left: -15px; margin-right: -338px; } The /categories page seems a bit messed up, so looking at that currently EDIT - issued some override CSS in the CATEGORIES widget <!--- CSS fix for overspill on /categories page - DO NOT DELETE --> <style> #footer { margin-right: -45px; } </style> That should resolve the /categories issue.