Skip to content

[NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS

Solved Customisation
258 5 148.9k 3
  • Hello @phenomlab

    I have a dropdown menu with manu different left icons and I want to align vertically the <a> text
    I don’t know why I can’t do it. Fatigue maybe? 🙂

    Here the code of my menu :

    <li><a id="menubrand" class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i id="menubrand" class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-scroll text-primary"></i>&nbsp; Règlements</a></li> 
    <li><a id="menubrand" class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i id="menubrand" class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-newspaper"></i>&nbsp; Annonces</a></li> 
    <li><a id="menubrand" class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i id="menubrand" class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-people text-primary"></i> &nbsp; Team</a></li> 
    <li><a id="menubrand" class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx""><i id="menubrand" class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-database text-primary"></i> &nbsp; Tutoriels</a></li> 
    <li><a id="menubrand" class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i id="menubrand" class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-bug text-primary"></i> &nbsp; Bug Report</a></li> 
    <li><a id="menubrand" class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i id="menubrand" class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-brands fa-wikipedia-w text-primary"></i> &nbsp; Wiki</a></li>
    

    Resut :

    4d2f109a-fd23-406f-af70-3bc0b5bbc5b4-image.png

    Many thanks 😉

  • Hello @phenomlab

    I have a dropdown menu with manu different left icons and I want to align vertically the <a> text
    I don’t know why I can’t do it. Fatigue maybe? 🙂

    Here the code of my menu :

    <li><a id="menubrand" class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i id="menubrand" class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-scroll text-primary"></i>&nbsp; Règlements</a></li> 
    <li><a id="menubrand" class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i id="menubrand" class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-newspaper"></i>&nbsp; Annonces</a></li> 
    <li><a id="menubrand" class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i id="menubrand" class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-people text-primary"></i> &nbsp; Team</a></li> 
    <li><a id="menubrand" class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx""><i id="menubrand" class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-database text-primary"></i> &nbsp; Tutoriels</a></li> 
    <li><a id="menubrand" class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i id="menubrand" class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-bug text-primary"></i> &nbsp; Bug Report</a></li> 
    <li><a id="menubrand" class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i id="menubrand" class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-brands fa-wikipedia-w text-primary"></i> &nbsp; Wiki</a></li>
    

    Resut :

    4d2f109a-fd23-406f-af70-3bc0b5bbc5b4-image.png

    Many thanks 😉

    @DownPW You’ll need to restructure the HTML first - don’t use nbsp; - you should always use margin or padding 🙂 Also, you are using the same ID multiple times which will cause you problems with markup as it is not unique.

    Try this

    <li><a class="menubrand dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-scroll text-primary menubrand"></i>Règlements</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-newspaper menubrand"></i>Annonces</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-people text-primary menubrand"></i>Team</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx""><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-database text-primary menubrand"></i>Tutoriels</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-bug text-primary menubrand"></i>Bug Report</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-brands fa-wikipedia-w text-primary menubrand"></i>Wiki</a></li>
    

    Then use this CSS

    i.menubrand {
        max-width: 25px;
        width: 25px;
        margin-right: 10px;
        text-align: center;
        vertical-align: middle;
    }
    

    Should give you this

    87b3ef71-a103-4ed8-96c9-8342bcaf07f9-image.png

  • hmmm ok I will test asap thanks 😉
    Why have you the second icon with no colors : odd no ?

  • Edit :

    Ok, find the problem, second line have no text-primary and the first line have a different a class.

    – Better like this I think :

    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-scroll text-primary menubrand"></i>Règlements</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-newspaper text-primary menubrand"></i>Annonces</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-people text-primary menubrand"></i>Team</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx""><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-database text-primary menubrand"></i>Tutoriels</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-bug text-primary menubrand"></i>Bug Report</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-brands fa-wikipedia-w text-primary menubrand"></i>Wiki</a></li>
    

    Thank you my friend

  • Edit :

    Ok, find the problem, second line have no text-primary and the first line have a different a class.

    – Better like this I think :

    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-scroll text-primary menubrand"></i>Règlements</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-newspaper text-primary menubrand"></i>Annonces</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-people text-primary menubrand"></i>Team</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx""><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-database text-primary menubrand"></i>Tutoriels</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-bug text-primary menubrand"></i>Bug Report</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-brands fa-wikipedia-w text-primary menubrand"></i>Wiki</a></li>
    

    Thank you my friend

    @DownPW I was just going to say that 🙂

    f5117dc2-a1d4-41c2-bdda-530162918873-image.png

  • image.png

    Just this bug.

    How can I change the icon color of the active page? as you can see, the icon is not visible when we are on the selected page
    I don’t want to change background active primary color but for example change icon to white like the text or other color

  • image.png

    Just this bug.

    How can I change the icon color of the active page? as you can see, the icon is not visible when we are on the selected page
    I don’t want to change background active primary color but for example change icon to white like the text or other color

    @DownPW I just checked this, and it looks as though you are using using a transparent colour to work around the hover issue?

  • @phenomlab

    Not at all 🙂
    The problem occurs on the left sidebar but not in the Brand menu.

  • @phenomlab

    Not at all 🙂
    The problem occurs on the left sidebar but not in the Brand menu.

    @DownPW This is what I see in the left side bar. I am using the Metallic theme?

    7c18de0d-dda1-45a4-9380-a84cdc080818-image.png

  • You must have a cache problem because the CSS is not even active on your image 😉

    The problem appears on the current page and not the hover

    For example, use the menu to go to the Rules page. Once on the rules page, reuse the menu to see the bug

  • You must have a cache problem because the CSS is not even active on your image 😉

    The problem appears on the current page and not the hover

    For example, use the menu to go to the Rules page. Once on the rules page, reuse the menu to see the bug

    @DownPW Cache cleared, but…

    521b3bec-7fa2-4baf-b94d-53494d92c10e-image.png

  • re test and click on a link ?

  • image.png

  • @DownPW I see it in an incognito session - looks like I’ve got some browser related issues 😕

    00df3417-3292-40d9-b030-231d63982c24-image.png

    So it’s not hover, but :active

    I’d ne inclined to use transparency here as it’s much less effort

    .dropdown-item.active, .dropdown-item:active {
        --bs-dropdown-link-active-bg: #b9babe38;
    }
    

    That will give you (for this swatch at least)

    eb4040fc-7b5a-4cae-b77e-9cf37570b14b-image.png

  • image.png

    Just this bug.

    How can I change the icon color of the active page? as you can see, the icon is not visible when we are on the selected page
    I don’t want to change background active primary color but for example change icon to white like the text or other color

    @DownPW said in [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS:

    Just this bug.

    How can I change the icon color of the active page

  • Yes thnaks it’s a solution but is there another way? Like targeting icons when the dropdown is active rather than changing the background because I already use --bs-dropdown-link-active-bg elsewhere

    Otherwise we can cheat by changing the color of the icons at any time but I find it less good.

    maybe change html for add specific class

    It’s just a question, I can eventually satisfy myself with this solution

  • Yes thnaks it’s a solution but is there another way? Like targeting icons when the dropdown is active rather than changing the background because I already use --bs-dropdown-link-active-bg elsewhere

    Otherwise we can cheat by changing the color of the icons at any time but I find it less good.

    maybe change html for add specific class

    It’s just a question, I can eventually satisfy myself with this solution

    @DownPW Try this

    a.active i {
        color: #ffffff!important;
    }
    
  • Seems to be definitevely better. Hope have no other effect 🙂
    Thank you Mark !

  • Seems to be definitevely better. Hope have no other effect 🙂
    Thank you Mark !

    @DownPW there shouldn’t be - it’s a fairly specific target, but if you do experience odd behaviour, let me know.

  • Hello mark,

    I would like to change the appearance of deleted messages in topics but I can’t find the target or the component.

    image.png

    For example, opacity or left timeline color of the deleted post

    And I would like the same things for deleted topics

    Hard to find these component or class !

    Thanks 🙂


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • NodeBB v4.0.0

    General nodebb sudonix version 4
    28
    4 Votes
    28 Posts
    7k Views
    @Panda said in NodeBB v4.0.0: the workings of World aren’t intuitive Its not easy to get World populating when a forum is new to it This is a good point and one I’ve considered also. It’s a little confusing to be honest.
  • 3 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    @kadir-ay-0 marking as resolved based on https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17109/manual-build-a-night-mode-for-harmony/5 Please do not raise requests in two places - here and the NodeBB forums. All this does is create unnecessary load for both parties.
  • navigation menu panel on mobile

    Solved Customisation nodebb css
    8
    1
    7 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    @crazycells hmm. That’s odd. I haven’t made any changes from recollection but I could be wrong. I’ll need to check. EDIT - very strange. I honestly don’t recall adding the below CSS block to alter the bottom bar, but you’re right… .bottombar-nav { padding: 0px !important; } I’ve removed this so it reflects stock Harmony.
  • NodeBB upgrade now cant post

    Solved Bugs nodebb
    5
    2 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda yes, for some reason, that is the case. If you need an urgent response, it’s probably better to post here because of the time difference.
  • 14 Votes
    69 Posts
    55k Views
    @phenomlab Seems to be better with some scaling fix for redis on redis.conf. I haven’t seen the message yet since the changes I made # I increase it to the value of /proc/sys/net/core/somaxconn tcp-backlog 4096 # I'm uncommenting because it can slow down Redis. Uncommented by default !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #save 900 1 #save 300 10 #save 60 10000 If you have other Redis optimizations. I take all your advice https://severalnines.com/blog/performance-tuning-redis/
  • The best css to customize our logo?

    Solved Customisation css
    2
    1 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    @Sala This should look better .sidenav .navbar-brand { padding-top: 0.5rem; padding-bottom: 0.5rem; } [image: 1669026666905-e5cec20e-be36-4ee8-9129-fd11ad4656ac-image.png] You can increase the top and bottom padding by increasing the values above.
  • what does sound/mute button do?

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    20
    1
    9 Votes
    20 Posts
    5k Views
    @crazycells Yeah, looking at the plugin itself, that’s a hard coded limit [image: 1653494282106-3d6dbc10-185b-4102-9470-0c2731a10750-image.png] I’ll probably remove that… eventually…
  • Iframely (Nodebb)

    Solved Configure
    40
    4 Votes
    40 Posts
    15k Views
    @DownPW This is now resolved. The issue was an incorrect URL specified in the Nodebb plugin. I’ve corrected this, and now it works as intended.