Skip to content

[NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS

Solved Customisation
258 5 148.9k 3
  • @DownPW yes, but you have to be careful with performance. This can impact the loading of the site depending on the size of the MP4 file and where it is being accessed from.

    @phenomlab said in [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS:

    @DownPW yes, but you have to be careful with performance. This can impact the loading of the site depending on the size of the MP4 file and where it is being accessed from.

    File accessible on the server and 22.6 mo

    How can I 'm doing this for testing?

  • @phenomlab said in [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS:

    @DownPW yes, but you have to be careful with performance. This can impact the loading of the site depending on the size of the MP4 file and where it is being accessed from.

    File accessible on the server and 22.6 mo

    How can I 'm doing this for testing?

    @DownPW Something like this would work

    <video autoplay muted loop id="bg-video">
      <source src="file.mp4" type="video/mp4">
      Your browser does not support HTML5 video.
    </video>
    

    Then some CSS which you’ll need to play with (this is an example)

    #bg-video{
      position: fixed;
      right: 0;
      bottom: 0;
      min-width: 100%; 
      min-height: 100%;
    }
    
  • hello @phenomlab

    I have a very odd bug that I didn’t have before

    I have images and background color defined for each category

    when I open a new topic, the fa icon on the bottom left taskbar does not appear like when I reply to a topic

    Here a gif too see the problem :

    new topic.gif

    And here is the result I want:

    4557001f-9b28-4a10-84e4-46d0dcffe20d-image.png

    I have tried to play with the color or z-index variable in css but nothing works

    I tried disabling the custom CSS on ACP but it’s the same. clear the cache = same

    Have you an idea ?

    You can test on production forum

  • hello @phenomlab

    I have a very odd bug that I didn’t have before

    I have images and background color defined for each category

    when I open a new topic, the fa icon on the bottom left taskbar does not appear like when I reply to a topic

    Here a gif too see the problem :

    new topic.gif

    And here is the result I want:

    4557001f-9b28-4a10-84e4-46d0dcffe20d-image.png

    I have tried to play with the color or z-index variable in css but nothing works

    I tried disabling the custom CSS on ACP but it’s the same. clear the cache = same

    Have you an idea ?

    You can test on production forum

    @DownPW I can’t see the images or videos, but I’ll have a look on your production site.

  • hello @phenomlab

    I have a very odd bug that I didn’t have before

    I have images and background color defined for each category

    when I open a new topic, the fa icon on the bottom left taskbar does not appear like when I reply to a topic

    Here a gif too see the problem :

    new topic.gif

    And here is the result I want:

    4557001f-9b28-4a10-84e4-46d0dcffe20d-image.png

    I have tried to play with the color or z-index variable in css but nothing works

    I tried disabling the custom CSS on ACP but it’s the same. clear the cache = same

    Have you an idea ?

    You can test on production forum

    @DownPW Seems to come from this code

    66521fca-2e73-4d69-820e-2915f1ecd948-image.png

    It should look like this

    bf8b00ba-a92e-4475-afc1-a6f7e7184373-image.png

    Do you have any custom JS that is altering this, or perhaps a plugin ?

  • I will test without css, js, header and it’s the same 😞

  • I will test without css, js, header and it’s the same 😞

    @DownPW What plugins do you have installed ?

  • Active plugins:

        * @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@1.0.2 (installed, enabled)
        * @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-user-level@1.0.4 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-beep@0.4.7 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-browsing-users@2.0.4 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-cards@0.3.1 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-composer-default@9.1.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-dbsearch@5.1.5 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.4 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-emoji-apple@3.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@1.6.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-global-chat@2.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-iframely@0.7.16 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-imgur@2.0.5 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-markdown@10.1.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-mentions@3.0.11 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-ns-embed@6.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-poll@2.0.6 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-question-and-answer@0.12.25 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-recent-cards@2.0.22 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-spam-be-gone@1.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-tenor-gif@2.2.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-twitter@0.1.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-ws-dice@2.4.2 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-rewards-essentials@0.2.1 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-theme-persona@12.1.1 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-widget-essentials@6.0.0 (installed, enabled)
    
  • Active plugins:

        * @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@1.0.2 (installed, enabled)
        * @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-user-level@1.0.4 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-beep@0.4.7 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-browsing-users@2.0.4 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-cards@0.3.1 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-composer-default@9.1.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-dbsearch@5.1.5 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.4 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-emoji-apple@3.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@1.6.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-global-chat@2.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-iframely@0.7.16 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-imgur@2.0.5 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-markdown@10.1.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-mentions@3.0.11 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-ns-embed@6.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-poll@2.0.6 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-question-and-answer@0.12.25 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-recent-cards@2.0.22 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-spam-be-gone@1.0.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-tenor-gif@2.2.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-twitter@0.1.0 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-plugin-ws-dice@2.4.2 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-rewards-essentials@0.2.1 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-theme-persona@12.1.1 (installed, enabled)
        * nodebb-widget-essentials@6.0.0 (installed, enabled)
    

    @DownPW This is going to be painful, but it’s possible that one of these plugins is the cause. Have you tried disabling each one to see if the issue subsides ?

  • The last plugins we installed is the dice plugin, Iframely, and twitter, to be tested…

    Because the others are quite well known and I never noticed this bug with them, but I could be wrong.

  • The last plugins we installed is the dice plugin, Iframely, and twitter, to be tested…

    Because the others are quite well known and I never noticed this bug with them, but I could be wrong.

    @DownPW Hmm. You could use a simple jQuery function to replace that icon with the right one. Just seems a bit “overkill” but might be necessary

  • @phenomlab said in [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS:

    Hmm. You could use a simple jQuery function to replace that icon with the right one. Just seems a bit “overkill” but might be necessary

    why not, if you can write this query I’m not saying no, just to test

  • @phenomlab said in [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS:

    Hmm. You could use a simple jQuery function to replace that icon with the right one. Just seems a bit “overkill” but might be necessary

    why not, if you can write this query I’m not saying no, just to test

    @DownPW might be a bit greedy, but try this

    $(document).ready(function() {
        $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
            $(this).find($(".fa")).removeClass('fa-nbb-none').addClass('fa-commenting-o');
        });
    });
    
  • @phenomlab

    JS code seems not working but…

    I see on ACP, the image of category is uploaded to imgur :

    7ca2e670-4928-43d9-b1fd-530fae97c72a-image.png

    and I see this on dev console :

    b2321b44-7a73-4510-97b2-57fa73a096c9-image.png

    The url seems to not be encoded correctly, I don’t know why ???

    If I change manually the URL in the dev console, it’s OK:

    e7b51ef6-6b5f-48a7-9ed0-4d7e27d299fe-image.png

    d09b152a-a5fd-4243-b4d8-4d9287b07d47-image.png

  • @phenomlab

    JS code seems not working but…

    I see on ACP, the image of category is uploaded to imgur :

    7ca2e670-4928-43d9-b1fd-530fae97c72a-image.png

    and I see this on dev console :

    b2321b44-7a73-4510-97b2-57fa73a096c9-image.png

    The url seems to not be encoded correctly, I don’t know why ???

    If I change manually the URL in the dev console, it’s OK:

    e7b51ef6-6b5f-48a7-9ed0-4d7e27d299fe-image.png

    d09b152a-a5fd-4243-b4d8-4d9287b07d47-image.png

    @DownPW said in [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS:

    The url seems to not be encoded correctly, I don’t know why ???

    Yes, that certainly seems the case. I think you need to take this issue up with the plugin developer.

  • @phenomlab

    the trick is to know which plugin is in question!!

  • @phenomlab

    the trick is to know which plugin is in question!!

    @DownPW sorry. I meant the imgur plugin author

  • @DownPW sorry. I meant the imgur plugin author

    @phenomlab

    hmmm I don’t thinks so because I have the same problem on NO PRODUCTION VM and I have this bug too without nodebb-imgur-plugin.

    I have test with a local url in public nodebb folder and it’s the same too

    I test to desactivate all plugin one by one for see at the moment

  • @phenomlab

    hmmm I don’t thinks so because I have the same problem on NO PRODUCTION VM and I have this bug too without nodebb-imgur-plugin.

    I have test with a local url in public nodebb folder and it’s the same too

    I test to desactivate all plugin one by one for see at the moment

    @DownPW let me know when your development server is available tomorrow and I’ll take a look at that code I provided previously

  • no problem I’m at home tomorrow all the day

    I’ll let you know if I find


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • 2 Votes
    1 Posts
    503 Views
    No one has replied
  • 4 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    thanks @DownPW ! this is definitely very helpful.
  • Page control arrows for PWA

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    27
    25 Votes
    27 Posts
    13k Views
    @crazycells it is, yes - I think I’ll leave it as there is no specific PWA CSS classes I know of. Well, you could use something like the below, but this means multiple CSS files for different operating systems. /** * Determine the mobile operating system. * This function returns one of 'iOS', 'Android', 'Windows Phone', or 'unknown'. * * @returns {String} */ function getMobileOperatingSystem() { var userAgent = navigator.userAgent || navigator.vendor || window.opera; // Windows Phone must come first because its UA also contains "Android" if (/windows phone/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Windows Phone"; } if (/android/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Android"; } if (/iPad|iPhone|iPod/.test(userAgent) && !window.MSStream) { return "iOS"; } return "unknown"; // return “Android” - one should either handle the unknown or fallback to a specific platform, let’s say Android } Once you’re in that rabbit hole, it’s impossible to get out of it.
  • 1 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • hover link effect

    Solved Customisation css link hover
    18
    1
    6 Votes
    18 Posts
    6k Views
    @DownPW Looking at the underlying code, class start is being added on hover by jQuery in this function document.querySelectorAll(".button-gradient, .button-transparent").forEach((button) => { const style = getComputedStyle(button); const lines = document.createElement("div"); lines.classList.add("lines"); const groupTop = document.createElement("div"); const groupBottom = document.createElement("div"); const svg = createSVG( button.offsetWidth, button.offsetHeight, parseInt(style.borderRadius, 10) ); groupTop.appendChild(svg); groupTop.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupTop.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupTop.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupBottom.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupBottom.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupBottom.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupBottom.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); lines.appendChild(groupTop); lines.appendChild(groupBottom); button.appendChild(lines); button.addEventListener("pointerenter", () => { button.classList.add("start"); }); svg.addEventListener("animationend", () => { button.classList.remove("start"); }); }); }) The CSS for start is below .button-gradient.start .lines svg, .button-transparent.start .lines svg { animation: stroke 0.3s linear; } And this is the corresponding keyframe @keyframes stroke { 30%, 55% { opacity: 1; } 100% { stroke-dashoffset: 5; opacity: 0; } } It’s using both CSS and SVG, so might not be a simple affair to replicate without the SVG files.
  • 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @qwinter this particular site uses the code I wrote if you want to see it in action. It’s a information and intelligence gatherer I designed for collecting various information security articles from around the globe and consolidating them in one place. Essentially, each “post” is in fact generated by the script, and the NodeBB API. https://hostrisk.com/
  • 5 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    is there any way to see whose reputation is changed by this plugin?
  • [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing

    Solved Customisation
    6
    1 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    @jac said in [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing: @phenomlab said in [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing: @jac are you using Custom ? Sure am mate Confirmed Fixed