Skip to content

[NODEBB] CSS Style Sheets SelectBox

Locked Solved Customisation
112 2 57.6k 1
  • @phenomlab

    The code just change The color icon but not the color when I dropdown to the menu

    I prefer 2 colors :

    • One on the navbar
    • On on hover icon and dropdown
  • Ola @phenomlab

    If you want we can use team viewer for see that.

  • Ola @phenomlab

    If you want we can use team viewer for see that.

    @downpw you may need to do this with jQuery. Can you provide a mock-up of what you’re looking for ?

  • @phenomlab

    Ola @phenomlab

    If you want we can use team viewer for see that.

    If I don’t use your code, here the icon = KO (Not White like other) :
    6b46b834-68bf-4f37-b411-ff11162f645d-image.png

    Icon on Mouse Over and on Click = OK: aqua background, black icon
    bc5bd4e2-ae9b-4bbf-b372-8efc800a3ee4-image.png

    After click, when dropdown the menu = OK: aqua background, black icon

    77c309dc-ba04-40f1-b3b8-521c2f732fd6-image.png


    I I use your code with White color :

    [data-original-title="Theme Switcher"] i {
        color: #fff;
    }
    

    the icon is white like others = OK
    7b285991-3c10-41e7-b4f7-6b6c3859af45-image.png

    Icon on Mouse Over and on Click = OK: aqua background, black icon
    d2e632ba-4b28-45df-8253-96eaa653ddc1-image.png

    After click, when dropdown the menu = KO : the icon is white and not black 😞
    d8511eca-6c82-4456-b2c1-0fbe00cf15d1-image.png

  • In fact , I would loike:

    • The dominant color of each theme in the background of the icon when the mouse is hovered, when the mouse is clicked and when dropdown in the menu.

    • White color of the icon in normal.

    • Black color of the icon when the mouse is hovered, when the mouse is clicked and when dropdown in the menu. (Even choose the color for each theme if possible)

  • In fact , I would loike:

    • The dominant color of each theme in the background of the icon when the mouse is hovered, when the mouse is clicked and when dropdown in the menu.

    • White color of the icon in normal.

    • Black color of the icon when the mouse is hovered, when the mouse is clicked and when dropdown in the menu. (Even choose the color for each theme if possible)

    @downpw Having looked at this, it will indeed require jQuery. I’m going to look further into this today hopefully.

  • @phenomlab

    Great man 🙂

    On the default theme. All it’s perfect !!!
    That’s why I thought of a CSS problem. Like a variable that I would have forgotten for example

  • @phenomlab

    Great man 🙂

    On the default theme. All it’s perfect !!!
    That’s why I thought of a CSS problem. Like a variable that I would have forgotten for example

    @downpw Yes, I saw that. Let me know when the server is available and I’ll have a look.

  • On 1 hour

  • On 1 hour

    @downpw I’ve been able to get somewhere near this with the below custom function I’ve written

    	    $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
    	        // Detect if the theme dropdown has been clicked. If it has, change the color to #000000
    	        $("#switcher").on("click", function() {
    	            $("#switcher i").css("color", "#000000");
    	        });
    	        // Detect if the theme dropdown has lost focus (clicked something else). If it has, change the color to #FFFFFF
    	        $("#switcher").on("focusout", function() {
    	            $("#switcher i").css("color", "#ffffff");
    	        });
    	    });
    

    Test it and let me know ? I’ve already added it, so you don’t need to do anything.

  • @phenomlab

    It seems to be better when dropdown 😉
    But when I lost focus, sometimes the icon don’t back again:

    Example here :
    0029c6f2-ae59-48ff-82a7-97e7e92fdb2d-image.png

    EDIT : see, I have recorded a gif

    The problem came on default theme too but it’s normal because it’s a javascript for all the site

    5c31ab54-4d9d-4183-8e97-80abd0850527-image.png https://imgur.com/a/2oSdcC3

  • @phenomlab

    It seems to be better when dropdown 😉
    But when I lost focus, sometimes the icon don’t back again:

    Example here :
    0029c6f2-ae59-48ff-82a7-97e7e92fdb2d-image.png

    EDIT : see, I have recorded a gif

    The problem came on default theme too but it’s normal because it’s a javascript for all the site

    5c31ab54-4d9d-4183-8e97-80abd0850527-image.png https://imgur.com/a/2oSdcC3

    @downpw thanks. Might need some tweaking to get it 100% but it’s a start. Will have a more detailed look at this as time permits. I’m back at work as of Monday ☺️

  • @downpw thanks. Might need some tweaking to get it 100% but it’s a start. Will have a more detailed look at this as time permits. I’m back at work as of Monday ☺️

    @phenomlab Of course it is a very good basis for work.

  • @phenomlab Of course it is a very good basis for work.

    @downpw Small modification to address the default theme icon bug (displayed white when focus lost, when it should be black)

    // Bugfix theme switcher button when dropdown / Focus / Not focus
    $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
        var whichTheme = localStorage.getItem("theme");
        if (whichTheme === '') {
            // Assume default theme and set icon color to #000000
            $("#switcher i").css("color", "#000000");
        }
        if (whichTheme !== '') {
            // Assume color theme and set icon color to #ffffff
            $("#switcher i").css("color", "#ffffff");
        }
        // Detect if the theme dropdown has been clicked. If it has, change the color to #000000
        $("#switcher").on("click", function() {
            $("#switcher i").css("color", "#000000");
        });
        // Detect if the theme dropdown has lost focus (clicked something else). If it has, change the color to #FFFFFF
        $("#switcher").on("focusout", function() {
            $("#switcher i").css("color", "#ffffff");
        });
    });
    

    Active now, and should also address the other bug you mentioned.

  • @downpw Small modification to address the default theme icon bug (displayed white when focus lost, when it should be black)

    // Bugfix theme switcher button when dropdown / Focus / Not focus
    $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
        var whichTheme = localStorage.getItem("theme");
        if (whichTheme === '') {
            // Assume default theme and set icon color to #000000
            $("#switcher i").css("color", "#000000");
        }
        if (whichTheme !== '') {
            // Assume color theme and set icon color to #ffffff
            $("#switcher i").css("color", "#ffffff");
        }
        // Detect if the theme dropdown has been clicked. If it has, change the color to #000000
        $("#switcher").on("click", function() {
            $("#switcher i").css("color", "#000000");
        });
        // Detect if the theme dropdown has lost focus (clicked something else). If it has, change the color to #FFFFFF
        $("#switcher").on("focusout", function() {
            $("#switcher i").css("color", "#ffffff");
        });
    });
    

    Active now, and should also address the other bug you mentioned.

    @phenomlab

    I have tested but sorry it’s the same problem.

  • @phenomlab

    I have tested but sorry it’s the same problem.

    @downpw Can you reload the page and try again.

  • Yeah i delete cache and Ctrl + F5

    The problem come when I don’t click on fa-fw but background.

    Like this :

    95b7fce2-8708-4e32-bdb9-6fbd107ddb5c-image.png

    On fa-fw = No problem

  • Yeah i delete cache and Ctrl + F5

    The problem come when I don’t click on fa-fw but background.

    Like this :

    95b7fce2-8708-4e32-bdb9-6fbd107ddb5c-image.png

    On fa-fw = No problem

    @downpw Ok, do the default theme issue is fixed, but you still see the white icon when clicking the background and not the icon itself ?

  • Yeah i delete cache and Ctrl + F5

    The problem come when I don’t click on fa-fw but background.

    Like this :

    95b7fce2-8708-4e32-bdb9-6fbd107ddb5c-image.png

    On fa-fw = No problem

    @downpw Try now

  • nope it’s the same even on fa-fw and default theme

    but as you are connected you have to see it.


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • 50 Votes
    107 Posts
    50k Views
    @crazycells [image: 1711908210287-7f4c7193-7c28-4e2e-80e8-d439ac7285c6-image.png] [image: 1711908232109-3ab9c33d-04b9-4c15-91e6-891450aebfc2-image.png]
  • The theme came with space on left side

    Solved WordPress css
    7
    3 Votes
    7 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab yes it’s a different theme. The other one was not offering much on editable sidebar. It was like flarum hahah
  • Footer bar add center text

    Solved Customisation css
    41
    1
    8 Votes
    41 Posts
    17k Views
    @phenomlab said in Footer bar add center text: div#console-nav-tab Ah ok test with bottom: 0px !important; idem
  • hover link effect

    Solved Customisation css link hover
    18
    1
    6 Votes
    18 Posts
    6k Views
    @DownPW Looking at the underlying code, class start is being added on hover by jQuery in this function document.querySelectorAll(".button-gradient, .button-transparent").forEach((button) => { const style = getComputedStyle(button); const lines = document.createElement("div"); lines.classList.add("lines"); const groupTop = document.createElement("div"); const groupBottom = document.createElement("div"); const svg = createSVG( button.offsetWidth, button.offsetHeight, parseInt(style.borderRadius, 10) ); groupTop.appendChild(svg); groupTop.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupTop.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupTop.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupBottom.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupBottom.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupBottom.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupBottom.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); lines.appendChild(groupTop); lines.appendChild(groupBottom); button.appendChild(lines); button.addEventListener("pointerenter", () => { button.classList.add("start"); }); svg.addEventListener("animationend", () => { button.classList.remove("start"); }); }); }) The CSS for start is below .button-gradient.start .lines svg, .button-transparent.start .lines svg { animation: stroke 0.3s linear; } And this is the corresponding keyframe @keyframes stroke { 30%, 55% { opacity: 1; } 100% { stroke-dashoffset: 5; opacity: 0; } } It’s using both CSS and SVG, so might not be a simple affair to replicate without the SVG files.
  • NodeBB Footer

    Solved Customisation footer nodebb
    10
    1 Votes
    10 Posts
    4k Views
    @phenomlab said in NodeBB Footer: @jac and you. Hope all is well and you recover quickly Thanks pal
  • Social icon (Nodebb)

    Solved Customisation nodebb social
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    @phenomlab said in Social icon (Nodebb): @jac I just tested my theory around using the OG image, and according to the Twitter card validator, it works fine [image: 1638880098289-73e805e1-997b-41bf-9259-51c5052ca8fc-image.png] fixed
  • Customising NodeBB

    Locked Customisation nodebb
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    Closing this thread as a duplicate of https://sudonix.com/topic/12/nodebb-customisation
  • NodeBB customisation

    Locked Customisation
    332
    27 Votes
    332 Posts
    245k Views
    @jac Given your departure away from your previous project, I’m going to close this thread…