Skip to content

Arch Linux | KDE Plasma Guide

Moved Guides
3 2 3.3k 1

Related Topics
  • To the Window to the Linux . . .

    Pinned Linux arch linux windows endoflife
    22
    19 Votes
    22 Posts
    7k Views
    @phenomlab said: @Madchatthew ouch. Sounds nasty. Did you get to the bottom of why it happened? I believe it is due to not everything getting upgraded because i wasn’t checking on the different packages I had installed from the AUR. Then when I ran yay it was like, hey would you like to update all of these things that you haven’t updated in months, perhaps years or ever for that matter and I was like yes please If you don’t have yay there are no notifications that you need more updates than what you realize. Chrome was staying updated because it would give me a notification, but there was the nvidia package that needed to be upgraded as well and I had never upgraded it. I didn’t realize it and should have. Then some of those packages use cmake and that needed to be updated as well. So using yay is beneficial to make sure you get all the updates you need.
  • Arch Server Progress

    Chitchat arch linux server web server
    64
    31 Votes
    64 Posts
    24k Views
    @phenomlab I think I am going to switch to this theme eventually. The one I have is ok, but the price for this theme and what you get with it is really good. The business has broken even and is actually making some money now. We will see what the future holds. I am hoping to start getting enough business so I am behind 2 to 3 months. So we will see. My Arch web server has been working great! No issues with it so far. The only thing lately was the mail server software being updated, and they broke everything. I was able to make the required changes and get it back working and it has been working amazingly so far. I am still really happy I switched to Arch Linux Server and I haven’t had to reinstall the whole operating system due to this switch.
  • Linux Certification

    Linux linux certs
    4
    2 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @Madchatthew You might be sorry you asked This is the mentoring category below. Presently, it’s unused, but we have a dedicated area for it. https://sudonix.org/category/8/mentoring Other services https://sudonix.org/services
  • Request for a guide to selfhost ntfy

    Guides ntfy notifications
    4
    5 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    You are very awesome! Thanks @phenomlab feel free to delete this topic
  • 1 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    @Panda said in Wasting time on a system that hangs on boot: Why do you prefer to use KDE Linux distro, over say Ubuntu? A matter of taste really. I’ve tried pretty much every Linux distro out there over the years, and whilst I started with Ubuntu, I used Linux mint for a long time also. All of them are Debian backed anyway I guess I feel in love with KDE (Neon) because of the amount of effort they’d gone to in relation to the UI. I agree about the lead and the OS statement which is why I suspect that Windows simply ignored it (although the Device also worked fine there, so it clearly wasn’t that faulty)
  • Killing Linux Zombie Processes

    Tips zombie linux
    3
    7
    2 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    @DownPW odd indeed. Looks like it’s spawning, immediately dying, then spawning again.
  • SASL LOGIN authentication failed: generic failure

    Moved Solved Linux
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    @Ash3T I’m going to mark this post as solved as I’ve not heard from you in a while. Let me know if this isn’t the case and you need more help.
  • 2 Votes
    28 Posts
    11k Views
    @phenomlab said in Advantages and disadvantages of changing to Ubuntu?: @jac Yeah, I wouldn’t just leap into it unless you have a valid reason (such as the laptop no longer working and needing to be reinstalled). Probably better the devil you know currently. Absolutely mate, and generally as discussed that is the only time I have changed over to Ubuntu once the laptop has got slower. For now I will carry on with Windows, purchase the VPN & BitDefender in later October / early November and then see how all that runs for a few more months .