Skip to content

Advantages and disadvantages of changing to Ubuntu?

Linux
28 2 10.7k

Related Topics
  • Windows 10 End of Life

    General windows linux arch end of life
    10
    2 Votes
    10 Posts
    3k Views
    @phenomlab this looks very nice as well. It is nice that they keep the KDE Neon a rolling release so you will get those updated apps even though Ubuntu isn’t a rolling release. Is it a rolling distro? KDE neon is rolling for KDE software. The Ubuntu base OS is not, but certain packages will be updated as needed to support KDE software requiring newer library versions than what is provided by Ubuntu. Apps from the main repositories are not rolling either, and therefore can be up to two years old. Users are encouraged not to use them, and to instead get apps from Snap or Flatpak using KDE’s Discover app store. In neon, Discover is set up to only show apps from these sources, filtering out apps from the repositories.
  • Linux on a Stick

    Linux linux usb arch
    29
    16 Votes
    29 Posts
    10k Views
    @DownPW I haven’t tried either of those, I am sure they run fast as well. Linux is so versatile it is awesome!
  • 1 Votes
    22 Posts
    8k Views
    @DownPW Very tiring. Seems to happen more often than not.
  • Arch Server Progress

    Chitchat arch linux server web server
    64
    31 Votes
    64 Posts
    24k Views
    @phenomlab I think I am going to switch to this theme eventually. The one I have is ok, but the price for this theme and what you get with it is really good. The business has broken even and is actually making some money now. We will see what the future holds. I am hoping to start getting enough business so I am behind 2 to 3 months. So we will see. My Arch web server has been working great! No issues with it so far. The only thing lately was the mail server software being updated, and they broke everything. I was able to make the required changes and get it back working and it has been working amazingly so far. I am still really happy I switched to Arch Linux Server and I haven’t had to reinstall the whole operating system due to this switch.
  • Arch Linux + Me = Crazy

    Linux arch linux web server vps
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    3k Views
    @Madchatthew hmm, yes, that might be problematic.
  • Ubuntu Upgrade All Packages

    Solved Linux mangodb sudonix
    3
    3 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab Upgraded, everything works
  • Environment Variables

    Solved Linux
    8
    1
    1 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    @madchatthew great you got this to work ! Thanks for the update.
  • Blomstra Realtime issues on ubuntu server

    Solved Linux
    26
    1 Votes
    26 Posts
    9k Views
    Just checked this thread on Discuss. It’s effectively not stable yet. My suggestion would be to use kyrne/websocket