Skip to content

Threaded post support for NodeBB

Let's Build It
146 5 104.2k 1
  • @DownPW said in Threading support for NodeBB:

    vanilla: bs-body-bg
    thread ON: bs-body-navbar

    @DownPW Right. Hold on.

  • or maybe for each modification this must be specified twice ?

    THREAD OFF

    /* Start of threaded CSS rules */
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline .timeline-event,
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post/placeholder"],
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post"] {
      border-left: none;
      transition: transform 0.3s ease !important;
      background: var(--bs-body-bg);
      /* background: var(--bs-body-navbar); */
      border-radius: var(--bs-border-radius);
    }
    

    THREAD ON

    /* Start of threaded CSS rules */
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline .timeline-event,
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post/placeholder"],
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post"].threaded {
      border-left: none;
      transition: transform 0.3s ease !important;
      /* background: var(--bs-body-bg); */
      background: var(--bs-body-navbar);
      border-radius: var(--bs-border-radius);
    }
    

    Same things for other modif like border radius

  • or maybe for each modification this must be specified twice ?

    THREAD OFF

    /* Start of threaded CSS rules */
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline .timeline-event,
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post/placeholder"],
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post"] {
      border-left: none;
      transition: transform 0.3s ease !important;
      background: var(--bs-body-bg);
      /* background: var(--bs-body-navbar); */
      border-radius: var(--bs-border-radius);
    }
    

    THREAD ON

    /* Start of threaded CSS rules */
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline .timeline-event,
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post/placeholder"],
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post"].threaded {
      border-left: none;
      transition: transform 0.3s ease !important;
      /* background: var(--bs-body-bg); */
      background: var(--bs-body-navbar);
      border-radius: var(--bs-border-radius);
    }
    

    Same things for other modif like border radius

    @DownPW Try now.

  • 🙂

    One or 2 classes are missing in Thread ON mode but this is the logic I want.

    What have you done that I can understand and modify?

  • 🙂

    One or 2 classes are missing in Thread ON mode but this is the logic I want.

    What have you done that I can understand and modify?

    @DownPW Good…

    Added

      li.pt-4.threaded {
        background: var(--bs-body-navbar) !important;
    }
    

    Modified

      .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline .timeline-event,
      .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post/placeholder"],
      .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post"] {
        border-left: none;
        transition: transform 0.3s ease !important;
        background: var(--bs-body-bg); 
        border-radius: var(--bs-border-radius);
      }
    
  • hmm Ok
    For once I don’t understand the logic 🙂

    Just one thing I have added befor one Thread ON mode :

    image.png
    image.png

  • hmm Ok
    For once I don’t understand the logic 🙂

    Just one thing I have added befor one Thread ON mode :

    image.png
    image.png

    @DownPW Caching issue I think. Seems to work ok for me

    Threading On

    00542631-8e3c-4ca7-b7ec-bb851a883bdb-image.png

    Threading Off

    f82a0eba-8361-4900-93e1-2af05e3b33a3-image.png

  • Hmm problem, incognito mode and on your screen = not thread mode with Threadinf ON 🙂 (see my last self post/last post)

    And I see this rest of thread ON border-radius on vanilla :

    image.png

    Seem very hard to understand

  • Hmm problem, incognito mode and on your screen = not thread mode with Threadinf ON 🙂 (see my last self post/last post)

    And I see this rest of thread ON border-radius on vanilla :

    image.png

    Seem very hard to understand

    @DownPW This one?

    9ab34fe4-53c7-4466-b2bf-ee77a9495cf1-image.png

    Seems fine to me?

    For the radius issue on highlight, this will fix it (I updated your CSS already)

    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline .timeline-event.highlight, .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post/placeholder"].highlight, .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component=post].highlight {
        border-left: 2px solid #0d6efd !important;
        margin-left: 22px;
        transition: transform 0.3s ease !important;
        border-radius: 0px;
    }
    

    7de4ff82-561b-49f2-9e80-b4876e2caaba-image.png

  • nope we have top and bottom left border radius. On vanilla harmony, we have not

  • but the most important thing for now is that we lost the Threading effect

  • nope we have top and bottom left border radius. On vanilla harmony, we have not

    @DownPW said in Threading support for NodeBB:

    nope we have top and bottom left border radius. On vanilla harmony, we have not

    No, you don’t - see my screenshot…

  • ah ok you just edited

  • but the most important thing for now is that we lost the Threading effect

    @DownPW said in Threading support for NodeBB:

    but the most important thing for now is that we lost the Threading effect

    Nope. I see this as working correctly in standard and incognito mode.

  • Arf yes sorry. Apologies

    But it’s seem we have lost margin-left

    image.png

    you have same things ?

  • Arf yes sorry. Apologies

    But it’s seem we have lost margin-left

    image.png

    you have same things ?

    @DownPW Can you provide the URL for that specific thread?

  • And this margin :

    image.png

    I have added before a margin between the topic and the timeline icon.

    we’ll come to an understanding 🙂

    But I admit that I don’t really understand.

  • And this margin :

    image.png

    I have added before a margin between the topic and the timeline icon.

    we’ll come to an understanding 🙂

    But I admit that I don’t really understand.

    @DownPW said in Threading support for NodeBB:

    But I admit that I don’t really understand.

    Neither do I ! 😕

  • For this we can use in Threading ON :

    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline .timeline-event:last-child, .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline>[component="post/placeholder"]:last-child, .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline>[component=post]:last-child {
        margin-left: 0.5rem !important;
    }
    

    And this :

    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline [component="topic/event"].timeline-event, .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline [component="topic/necro-post"].timeline-event {
        margin-bottom: 10px !important;
    }
    

    RESULT :

    76d758c7-a965-4147-b9a8-2dfd059ba9e4-image.png

  • hi @phenomlab , it is nice that the switch only appears when the screen can be changed however, when the screen size is around 1250 pixels, I guess it does not produce the intended view, maybe you should increase the screen size further to make sure this switch is only available when the screen can accommodate nice thread view?

    Screen Shot 2023-09-13 at 14.23.24.png


Related Topics
  • how to prevent DDoS attacks ?

    Solved Vulnerability ddos nodebb
    34
    17 Votes
    34 Posts
    12k Views
    @phenomlab thank you very much, this was helpful. Everything looks ok
  • 15 Votes
    51 Posts
    24k Views
    Oh yes, that’s what’s super cool, I learn something every day. Afterwards I start from so low in JS
  • Threaded chat support for NodeBB

    Let's Build It threaded chat code
    35
    1
    19 Votes
    35 Posts
    15k Views
    @DownPW said in Threaded chat support for NodeBB: Better like this : add shadow and border-left on self answer Of course - you style to your own requirements and taste I’ll commit that CSS we discussed yesterday also
  • SEO and Nodebb

    Performance nodebb seo
    2
    2 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @Panda It’s the best it’s ever been to be honest. I’ve used a myriad of systems in the past - most notably, WordPress, and then Flarum (which for SEO, was absolutely dire - they never even had SEO out of the box, and relied on a third party extension to do it), and NodeBB easily fares the best - see below example https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asudonix.org&oq=site%3Asudonix.org&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i58j69i60l2.9039j0j3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#ip=1 However, this was not without significant effort on my part once I’d migrated from COM to ORG - see below posts https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17286/google-crawl-error-after-site-migration/17?_=1688461250365 And also https://support.google.com/webmasters/thread/221027803?hl=en&msgid=221464164 It was painful to say the least - as it turns out, there was an issue in NodeBB core that prevented spiders from getting to content, which as far as I understand, is now fixed. SEO in itself is a dark art - a black box that nobody really fully understands, and it’s essentially going to boil down to one thing - “content”. Google’s algorithm for indexing has also changed dramatically over the years. They only now crawl content that has value, so if it believes that your site has nothing to offer, it will simply skip it.
  • Removing blue 'moved' tag from post

    Solved Configure nodebb
    16
    2
    3 Votes
    16 Posts
    5k Views
    @phenomlab Ah, got it working! I reversed the CSS addition to put z index high, and then I could see another error box saying fork title must be at least 3 characters. So made the new fork title longer and button responded.
  • Composer Zen icon?

    Solved Configure nodebb
    8
    1
    2 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    @DownPW exactly. Not really a new concept, and in all honesty, not something I’ve ever used. If you consider the need to add links and references, or citations, you’d need to be able to see other parts of the screen!
  • NodeBB: Favicon upload issue

    Solved Configure nodebb favicon
    12
    1
    3 Votes
    12 Posts
    3k Views
    @phenomlab I am on a Mac, so I used the “Option + Command + I”, and then performed the steps. It loaded my favicon! I checked on Firefox which I haven’t used before, and it showed my favicon also! That’s fantastic and thank you for the help!
  • 14 Votes
    69 Posts
    55k Views
    @phenomlab Seems to be better with some scaling fix for redis on redis.conf. I haven’t seen the message yet since the changes I made # I increase it to the value of /proc/sys/net/core/somaxconn tcp-backlog 4096 # I'm uncommenting because it can slow down Redis. Uncommented by default !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #save 900 1 #save 300 10 #save 60 10000 If you have other Redis optimizations. I take all your advice https://severalnines.com/blog/performance-tuning-redis/