Skip to content

What is this bar called?

Solved Customisation
92 3 37.3k 1
  • @phenomlab

    I don’t know why the reading-meter-progress-bar doesn’t appear on my smartphone (dev instance) when I scroll down but appear a little on scroll top ?

    blink.gif

    @DownPW That must be some sort custom CSS. I can’t reproduce that here. ,

  • odd, no problem on desktop, just smartphone

  • @phenomlab

    It seems that code who caused problem :

    /* Menu Brand Header */
    @media (max-width: 767px)  {
      .socialicons {
        display: none !important;
      }
      [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
        display: inherit !important;
      }
      /* Button topic navbar header color */
      .sticky-tools .btn-ghost-sm i {
        color: var(--bs-alert-info-color) !important;
      }
    }
    

    If i delete :

    [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
      display: inherit !important;
    }
    

    Reading progress bar is good now but my icons (menu and theme swatch applet) dissapear 😞

    ae3e4cca-116b-4515-acff-ddcc71bc980f-image.png

  • @phenomlab

    It seems that code who caused problem :

    /* Menu Brand Header */
    @media (max-width: 767px)  {
      .socialicons {
        display: none !important;
      }
      [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
        display: inherit !important;
      }
      /* Button topic navbar header color */
      .sticky-tools .btn-ghost-sm i {
        color: var(--bs-alert-info-color) !important;
      }
    }
    

    If i delete :

    [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
      display: inherit !important;
    }
    

    Reading progress bar is good now but my icons (menu and theme swatch applet) dissapear 😞

    ae3e4cca-116b-4515-acff-ddcc71bc980f-image.png

    @DownPW I’d put that CSS back. It’s set like that for a reason, so you’ll need to be more specific with the target so you can unset.

  • Sorry but I do not understand too much @phenomlab because if I keep this code, the reading bar does not work on smartphone

  • Sorry but I do not understand too much @phenomlab because if I keep this code, the reading bar does not work on smartphone

    @DownPW what I mean is target from higher above so the CSS you apply to the end target is not the same as an existing element.

  • for brand header or for progress bar ?

  • for brand header or for progress bar ?

    @DownPW progress bar.

  • @phenomlab

    I just tested by deleting all the custom CSS code and keeping only the following CSS code

    #pageUp {
      display: inline-block;
      background: var(--bs-body-component-active);
      width: 50px;
      height: 50px;
      text-align: center;
      border-radius: 0.375rem;
      position: fixed;
      bottom: 70px;
      right: 80px;
      transition: background-color .3s, opacity .5s, visibility .5s;
      opacity: 0;
      visibility: hidden;
    }
    #pageUp.show {
      opacity: 1;
      visibility: visible;
      z-index: 10000;
      color: var(--bs-body-navbar-color) !important;
    }
    a#pageUp.show:hover {
      background: var(--bs-dropdown-link-hover-bg);
      border: 1px solid var(--bs-border-color);
    }
    a#pageUp i {
        position: absolute;
        top: 32%;
        left: 35%;
    }
    .reading-meter {
        position: fixed;
        width: 100%;
        top: 0;
        left: 0;
        right: 0;
        height: 2px !important;
    }
     
    div#readingposition {
        background-color: var(--bs-body-navbar) !important;
        color: var(--bs-body-color) !important;
        height: 2px;
        z-index: 1000;
    }
     
    .reading-meter-progress {
        border: 1px solid var(--bs-border-color);
        width: 100%;
    }
     
    .reading-meter-background {
        background: var(--bs-body-bg);
    }
     
    .reading-meter-progress-bar {
        background: var(--bs-progress-bg-bar);
        height: 2px;
    }
    input#percentage {
        display: none;
    }
     
    @media (max-width: 767px) {
        #pageUp {
            bottom: 60px;
            right: 30px;
          }
        }
     
     
     
     /* Menu Brand Header */
    @media (max-width: 767px)  {
      .socialicons {
        display: none !important;
      }
      [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
        display: inherit !important;
      }
      /* Button topic navbar header color */
      .sticky-tools .btn-ghost-sm i {
        color: var(--bs-alert-info-color) !important;
      }
    }
    

    There is clearly a conflict between his 2 codes.

  • What I don’t understand is that we have the same code and you don’t have this problem.

  • What I don’t understand is that we have the same code and you don’t have this problem.

    @DownPW this is the point I was trying to make about custom CSS.

  • @phenomlab

    I have find, it’s a zoom problem :

    If we zoom in on a page like the home page, even a tiny zoom invisible to the naked eye (which was my case), we end up with the bug described above.

    Solution: zoomed out to maximum

  • @phenomlab

    When I refresh the page or first visit, the Reading bar appear when she shouldn’t appear.
    An idea?

    Same things when I disable all the other custom CSS

    image.png

  • @phenomlab

    When I refresh the page or first visit, the Reading bar appear when she shouldn’t appear.
    An idea?

    Same things when I disable all the other custom CSS

    image.png

    @DownPW Let me have a look.

  • It’s weird @phenomlab because I tested by removing all the custom css except the reading bar and it’s the same.

    Have you testing without custom css for see that ?

    On custom JS maybe ?

  • It’s weird @phenomlab because I tested by removing all the custom css except the reading bar and it’s the same.

    Have you testing without custom css for see that ?

    On custom JS maybe ?

    @DownPW I am able to reproduce this, yes. There are some CSS classes missing

    .reading-meter {
        visibility: hidden;
    }
    .reading-meter.show {
        visibility: visible;
    }
    

    I’ve added these on your DEV server and updated the original post. Sorry 😕

  • No problem my friend, I won’t complain 😉

  • I saw another bug.

    This bug occurs on the home page. No problem on recent page for example

    When you scroll down (to go to the bottom of the page) and then click on the button at the bottom right, it goes up automatically but the reading bar in the header does not disappear

    here a video :

    blink.gif

  • I saw another bug.

    This bug occurs on the home page. No problem on recent page for example

    When you scroll down (to go to the bottom of the page) and then click on the button at the bottom right, it goes up automatically but the reading bar in the header does not disappear

    here a video :

    blink.gif

    @DownPW thanks. Not sure why that happens - I’ve not noticed it before! Will check.

  • @phenomlab

    just for info, same bug on tags page and groups page


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • What plugins are being used here on Sudonix?

    Solved General nodebb plugins development
    6
    5 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @Roki-Antic Welcome! This site isn’t running Persona, but Harmony - a very heavily customised version at that. Do you have a URL where your site is currently located that is publicly accessible? Feel free to PM this info if you do not want to disclose here. Happy to help with any customisation needs.
  • Removing blue 'moved' tag from post

    Solved Configure nodebb
    16
    2
    3 Votes
    16 Posts
    5k Views
    @phenomlab Ah, got it working! I reversed the CSS addition to put z index high, and then I could see another error box saying fork title must be at least 3 characters. So made the new fork title longer and button responded.
  • NodeBB upgrade now cant post

    Solved Bugs nodebb
    5
    2 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda yes, for some reason, that is the case. If you need an urgent response, it’s probably better to post here because of the time difference.
  • Issues with Progress Bar on v3

    Solved Customisation
    48
    1
    14 Votes
    48 Posts
    18k Views
    @Panda You could use the below .page-topic .pagination-block.ready { display: none; }
  • 10 Votes
    23 Posts
    7k Views
    @DownPW sounds good.
  • Recent Cards plugin customization

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    21
    1
    13 Votes
    21 Posts
    11k Views
    @pobojmoks that’s easily done by modifying the code provided here so that it targets background rather than border In essence, the below should work $(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { $('.recent-card-container').each(function(i) { var dataId = $(this).attr("data-cid"); var color = $('[role="presentation"]', this).css("background-color"); console.log("data-cid " + dataId + " is " + color); $('[data-cid="' + dataId + '"] .recent-card').attr("style", "background-color: " + color); }); }); });
  • 5 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    is there any way to see whose reputation is changed by this plugin?
  • NodeBB Design help

    Solved Customisation
    8
    3
    2 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    @riekmedia I’ve applied some new CSS to your site. Can you reload the page and try again ? For the record, this is what I added #footer { background: #2d343e; border-top: 4px solid #2d343e; font-size: 0.9em; margin-top: 70px; padding: 80px 0 0; position: relative; clear: both; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; z-index: 1000; margin-left: -15px; margin-right: -338px; } The /categories page seems a bit messed up, so looking at that currently EDIT - issued some override CSS in the CATEGORIES widget <!--- CSS fix for overspill on /categories page - DO NOT DELETE --> <style> #footer { margin-right: -45px; } </style> That should resolve the /categories issue.