Skip to content

NodeBB v4.0.0 — Federate good times, come on!

World
94 64 22.6k

Related Topics
  • Opening links in nodebb widget

    Solved Configure nodebb
    6
    4 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    A more efficient way of including this would be to not over complicate it and leverage a standard iframe (providing the CSP headers of the remote site permit this) like below <iframe src="https://www.classmarker.com/online-test/start/?quiz=gag66aea7922f0a5" width="700" height="800"></iframe> This works first time every time on your site as intended.
  • Threaded post support for NodeBB

    Let's Build It threading nodebb
    146
    3
    50 Votes
    146 Posts
    104k Views
    Updated git for above change https://github.com/phenomlab/nodebb-harmony-threading/commit/14a4e277521d83d219065ffb14154fd5f5cfac69
  • nodebb loading emojis

    Solved Configure nodebb emojis
    16
    1
    1 Votes
    16 Posts
    5k Views
    @DownPW sure. Let me have a look at this in more detail. I know nginx plus has extensive support for this, but it’s not impossible to get somewhere near acceptable with the standard version. You might be better off handling this at the Cloudflare level given that it sits in between the requesting client and your server.
  • How to fix size of photos & videos NodeBB

    Solved Customisation nodebb nodebb size
    7
    3 Votes
    7 Posts
    2k Views
    @crazycells pleasure. Using percentages makes much more sense in this case. It’s the same argument with px vs pt vs em with fonts, margins, padding, etc., in the sense that em is generally preferred over px and pt https://stackoverflow.com/questions/609517/why-em-instead-of-px
  • NodeBB 1.19.3

    Solved Performance nodebb 1.19.3 performance
    33
    4 Votes
    33 Posts
    15k Views
    @phenomlab I find the problem Mark The error message indicated this path : http://localhost:4567/assets/plugins/nodebb-plugin-emoji/emoji/styles.css?v=6983dobg16u I change the path url on config.json [image: 1645128773854-47bacc80-f141-41e4-a261-3f8d650cc6f6-image.png] And all it’s good Weird, I didn’t have to change that path before 1.19.3 But this does not prevent the problem from a clean install with Emoji Plugin EDIT: After test, that resolv the problem installation for 1.18.x but not for 1.19.x (I have other error message when I run ./nodebb Setup For resume: NodeJS 16_x with 1.18.x is ok
  • [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS

    Solved Customisation nodebb css bugfix
    258
    49 Votes
    258 Posts
    149k Views
    mark hi, Refused to apply style from ‘https://efelsefe.com/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome-6-Pro/pro/css/v4-font-face.css’ because its MIME type (‘text/plain’) is not a supported stylesheet MIME type, and strict MIME checking is enabled. I keep getting this error.
  • NodeBB Discord Plugins

    Unsolved Customisation nodebb discord plugin
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    @RiekMedia hi. Just following up on this thread (I know it’s old) but was curious to understand if it’s still an issue or not ?
  • NodeBB Design help

    Solved Customisation
    8
    3
    2 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    @riekmedia I’ve applied some new CSS to your site. Can you reload the page and try again ? For the record, this is what I added #footer { background: #2d343e; border-top: 4px solid #2d343e; font-size: 0.9em; margin-top: 70px; padding: 80px 0 0; position: relative; clear: both; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; z-index: 1000; margin-left: -15px; margin-right: -338px; } The /categories page seems a bit messed up, so looking at that currently EDIT - issued some override CSS in the CATEGORIES widget <!--- CSS fix for overspill on /categories page - DO NOT DELETE --> <style> #footer { margin-right: -45px; } </style> That should resolve the /categories issue.