Skip to content

NodeBB v3 Chat Very Slow

Moved Performance
47 3 19.0k 1

Related Topics
  • What plugins are being used here on Sudonix?

    Solved General nodebb plugins development
    6
    5 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @Roki-Antic Welcome! This site isn’t running Persona, but Harmony - a very heavily customised version at that. Do you have a URL where your site is currently located that is publicly accessible? Feel free to PM this info if you do not want to disclose here. Happy to help with any customisation needs.
  • Upgrade issues

    Solved Configure nodebb
    2
    1
    2 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    Use this code git fetch # Grab the latest code from the NodeBB repository git checkout v3.x git reset --hard origin/v3.x And you will have the latest version without specifying it https://docs.nodebb.org/configuring/upgrade/
  • SEO and Nodebb

    Performance nodebb seo
    2
    2 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @Panda It’s the best it’s ever been to be honest. I’ve used a myriad of systems in the past - most notably, WordPress, and then Flarum (which for SEO, was absolutely dire - they never even had SEO out of the box, and relied on a third party extension to do it), and NodeBB easily fares the best - see below example https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asudonix.org&oq=site%3Asudonix.org&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i58j69i60l2.9039j0j3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#ip=1 However, this was not without significant effort on my part once I’d migrated from COM to ORG - see below posts https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17286/google-crawl-error-after-site-migration/17?_=1688461250365 And also https://support.google.com/webmasters/thread/221027803?hl=en&msgid=221464164 It was painful to say the least - as it turns out, there was an issue in NodeBB core that prevented spiders from getting to content, which as far as I understand, is now fixed. SEO in itself is a dark art - a black box that nobody really fully understands, and it’s essentially going to boil down to one thing - “content”. Google’s algorithm for indexing has also changed dramatically over the years. They only now crawl content that has value, so if it believes that your site has nothing to offer, it will simply skip it.
  • Optimum config for NodeBB under NGINX

    Performance nginx performance
    4
    3 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @crazycells hi - no security reason, or anything specific in this case. However, the nginx.conf I posted was from my Dev environment which uses this port as a way of not interfering with production. And yes, I use clustering on this site with three instances.
  • Q&A Plugin Changes NodeBB

    Solved Customisation nodebb q&a plugin
    25
    1
    6 Votes
    25 Posts
    10k Views
    @phenomlab said in Q&A Plugin Changes NodeBB: float: right; left: 10px; } worked thank you
  • Changing Background on NodeBB

    Solved Customisation background image nodebb
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @cagatay You’d target the body tag and use the below line of CSS background: url(/assets/customcss/backgrounds/default/default.png) no-repeat center center fixed; Obviously, you need to change the path to suit where your image is being stored. More info around the background property can be found here https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_background.php
  • NodeBB 1.19.3

    Solved Performance nodebb 1.19.3 performance
    33
    4 Votes
    33 Posts
    15k Views
    @phenomlab I find the problem Mark The error message indicated this path : http://localhost:4567/assets/plugins/nodebb-plugin-emoji/emoji/styles.css?v=6983dobg16u I change the path url on config.json [image: 1645128773854-47bacc80-f141-41e4-a261-3f8d650cc6f6-image.png] And all it’s good Weird, I didn’t have to change that path before 1.19.3 But this does not prevent the problem from a clean install with Emoji Plugin EDIT: After test, that resolv the problem installation for 1.18.x but not for 1.19.x (I have other error message when I run ./nodebb Setup For resume: NodeJS 16_x with 1.18.x is ok
  • Display tweets in widget [NodeBB]

    Solved Customisation
    29
    4 Votes
    29 Posts
    12k Views
    @phenomlab brilliant, many thanks Mark