Skip to content

Want to use Sudonix themes ?

Chitchat
80 5 27.3k 1
  • @phenomlab i have some problems with my below items when selected this type of tree;

    image.png

    @cagatay In your CSS, locate the block starting

    .category-card .text-muted.timeago
    

    And remove

    margin-left: -180px;
    
  • Mark hi,

    I know that you also update your own css and js along with nodebb’s updates but mine is old one when we first set it up.

    I would like to your help to use your current css and js codes if its possible?

    Thank you for your helping.

  • Mark hi,

    I know that you also update your own css and js along with nodebb’s updates but mine is old one when we first set it up.

    I would like to your help to use your current css and js codes if its possible?

    Thank you for your helping.

    @cagatay

    @cagatay said in Want to use Sudonix themes ?:

    I know that you also update your own css and js along with nodebb’s updates

    I do update the CSS and JS here, but it’s not in line with NodeBB releases. All of the code I have written will work with prior releases, with the exception of Chat Threading, which requires a specific hook not present in some early versions. Again, this would still work, but not at full capacity.

    @cagatay said in Want to use Sudonix themes ?:

    mine is old one when we first set it up

    It’s not “old” - it just isn’t the latest code. In fact, the code running on your website is not advertised anywhere else, so in fact, is newer than the Git links in this post.

    @cagatay said in Want to use Sudonix themes ?:

    I would like to your help to use your current css and js codes if its possible?

    Possible, yes, but not yet. There are still some bugs in the code branch I’m using here, and I don’t want to introduce complexities into your installation - particularly when I know they exist, and you’d be left with issues that your users then have to put up with.

  • thank you for your advise Mark.
    may i use your font ? what i have to do for it?

  • thank you for your advise Mark.
    may i use your font ? what i have to do for it?

    @cagatay you are already using it.

  • i have many minor problems shown below photo, how can i fix it?
    Chrome is moving towards a new experience that lets people make an informed choice with respect to third-party cookies.

    image.png

  • i have many minor problems shown below photo, how can i fix it?
    Chrome is moving towards a new experience that lets people make an informed choice with respect to third-party cookies.

    image.png

    @cagatay This isn’t related to NodeBB, but how the Chrome browser itself behaves - see below

    Yes, Google Chrome is shifting towards a more privacy-focused approach, particularly in how it handles third-party cookies. This change is part of a broader industry trend towards improving user privacy and transparency, as seen in regulations like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).

    Key elements of Chrome’s new approach include:

    • Phasing out third-party cookies: Chrome has been working on a plan to phase out third-party cookies entirely, which are often used by advertisers and trackers to follow users across websites. This is part of Google’s Privacy Sandbox initiative.

    • User control and transparency: Chrome will provide users with more detailed options and controls over how third-party cookies are used. This will allow users to make an informed decision about which cookies they want to allow or block, helping them better understand how their data is being used.

    • Privacy Sandbox: Instead of third-party cookies, Google is introducing alternatives, like FLoC (Federated Learning of Cohorts), which aims to deliver relevant ads without exposing individual users’ browsing history to advertisers. FLoC is part of Privacy Sandbox, which focuses on creating new privacy-preserving mechanisms for digital advertising.

    • Better Consent Experiences: Chrome is also expected to improve how websites prompt users to give consent for cookies, reducing “cookie fatigue” and making the process more straightforward.

    This new experience is expected to improve user privacy without entirely disrupting the ad-supported web ecosystem, which depends heavily on tracking technologies.

  • This situation does not affect google indexing, does it?

  • This situation does not affect google indexing, does it?

    @cagatay Not to my knowledge.

  • Mark, hi, the theme selection on the top panel of my website has disappeared. I only want to use it as day and night mode. Can you help me?

  • Mark, hi, the theme selection on the top panel of my website has disappeared. I only want to use it as day and night mode. Can you help me?

    @cagatay have you made any changes to the site recently? It’s static coding in the javascript setting on your forum so unless custom js has been turned off, then I can’t see why without actually checking why it wound have disappeared unless it has been inadvertently deleted.

  • No, I haven’t made any changes, and I haven’t touched the Java section either. Could you check it when you have time?

  • No, I haven’t made any changes, and I haven’t touched the Java section either. Could you check it when you have time?

    @cagatay Seems as though someone removed the brand header, so I reinstated it from drafts

    5a451051-e4f3-4fb3-aed2-0c101ac97ef2-image.png

    d2b86d8f-0573-4d8c-83c5-5b2aada072d7-image.png

  • omg 🙂 thank you Mark.


Related Topics
  • Who uses Flarum?

    Chitchat flarum forum
    22
    7 Votes
    22 Posts
    7k Views
    @Madchatthew I use it here. It is faster, but not sure if that extends to build times.
  • NodeBB recent cards customisation

    Solved Customisation nodebb recent cards
    3
    1
    2 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    @phenomlab thank you very much for the assistance Mark, massively appreciated as always. The great thing about this is it’s all documented for other NodeBB users that come looking for solutions . Looks far better .
  • How to fix size of photos & videos NodeBB

    Solved Customisation nodebb nodebb size
    7
    3 Votes
    7 Posts
    2k Views
    @crazycells pleasure. Using percentages makes much more sense in this case. It’s the same argument with px vs pt vs em with fonts, margins, padding, etc., in the sense that em is generally preferred over px and pt https://stackoverflow.com/questions/609517/why-em-instead-of-px
  • NodeBB Theme/Skin Switcher

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    38
    7 Votes
    38 Posts
    15k Views
    @Teemberland great spot ! You should create a PR for that so they can include it in the official repository. Just be aware that any subsequent releases will overwrite your fix without the PR.
  • Adding fileWrite to nodebb code

    Solved Configure nodebb
    16
    1
    5 Votes
    16 Posts
    4k Views
    @eveh this might be a question for the NodeBB Devs themselves. In all honesty, I’m not entirely sure without having to research this myself.
  • Title on homepage of nodebb forum

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    2
    1 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    @eveh Welcome board The code you are referring to is custom written as no such functionality exists under NodeBB. However, adding the functionality is relatively trivial. Below are the required steps Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-header Add the below code to your header, and save once completed <ol id="mainbanner" class="breadcrumb"><li id="addtext">Your Title Goes Here</li></ol> Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-js and add the below code, then save $(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { // Initialise mainbanner ID, but hide it from view $('#mainbanner').hide(); var pathname = window.location.pathname; if (pathname === "/") { $("#addtext").text("Your Title"); $('#mainbanner').show(); } else {} // If we want to add a title to a sub page, uncomment the below and adjust accordingly //if (pathname === "/yourpath") { //$("#addtext").text("Your Title"); //$('#mainbanner').show(); //} }); }); Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-css and add the below CSS block .breadcrumb { right: 0; margin-right: auto; text-align: center; background: #0086c4; color: #ffffff; width: 100vw; position: relative; margin-left: -50vw; left: 50%; top: 50px; position: fixed; z-index: 1020; } Note, that you will need to adjust your CSS code to suit your own site / requirements.
  • Nodebb Hashtag plugin

    Solved General
    15
    1 Votes
    15 Posts
    5k Views
    @jac Great ! I’ll close this off.
  • unable to upvote on forum

    Solved Performance
    10
    1
    3 Votes
    10 Posts
    3k Views
    @phenomlab yes, i can understand. it is working now