Skip to content

[NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS

Solved Customisation
258 5 148.9k 3
  • Edit :

    Ok, find the problem, second line have no text-primary and the first line have a different a class.

    – Better like this I think :

    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-scroll text-primary menubrand"></i>Règlements</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-newspaper text-primary menubrand"></i>Annonces</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-people text-primary menubrand"></i>Team</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx""><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-database text-primary menubrand"></i>Tutoriels</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-bug text-primary menubrand"></i>Bug Report</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-brands fa-wikipedia-w text-primary menubrand"></i>Wiki</a></li>
    

    Thank you my friend

  • Edit :

    Ok, find the problem, second line have no text-primary and the first line have a different a class.

    – Better like this I think :

    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-scroll text-primary menubrand"></i>Règlements</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-newspaper text-primary menubrand"></i>Annonces</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-people text-primary menubrand"></i>Team</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx""><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-database text-primary menubrand"></i>Tutoriels</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-bug text-primary menubrand"></i>Bug Report</a></li> 
    <li><a class="dropdown-item rounded-1" href="https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><i class="fa-solid fa-lg fa-brands fa-wikipedia-w text-primary menubrand"></i>Wiki</a></li>
    

    Thank you my friend

    @DownPW I was just going to say that 🙂

    f5117dc2-a1d4-41c2-bdda-530162918873-image.png

  • image.png

    Just this bug.

    How can I change the icon color of the active page? as you can see, the icon is not visible when we are on the selected page
    I don’t want to change background active primary color but for example change icon to white like the text or other color

  • image.png

    Just this bug.

    How can I change the icon color of the active page? as you can see, the icon is not visible when we are on the selected page
    I don’t want to change background active primary color but for example change icon to white like the text or other color

    @DownPW I just checked this, and it looks as though you are using using a transparent colour to work around the hover issue?

  • @phenomlab

    Not at all 🙂
    The problem occurs on the left sidebar but not in the Brand menu.

  • @phenomlab

    Not at all 🙂
    The problem occurs on the left sidebar but not in the Brand menu.

    @DownPW This is what I see in the left side bar. I am using the Metallic theme?

    7c18de0d-dda1-45a4-9380-a84cdc080818-image.png

  • You must have a cache problem because the CSS is not even active on your image 😉

    The problem appears on the current page and not the hover

    For example, use the menu to go to the Rules page. Once on the rules page, reuse the menu to see the bug

  • You must have a cache problem because the CSS is not even active on your image 😉

    The problem appears on the current page and not the hover

    For example, use the menu to go to the Rules page. Once on the rules page, reuse the menu to see the bug

    @DownPW Cache cleared, but…

    521b3bec-7fa2-4baf-b94d-53494d92c10e-image.png

  • re test and click on a link ?

  • image.png

  • @DownPW I see it in an incognito session - looks like I’ve got some browser related issues 😕

    00df3417-3292-40d9-b030-231d63982c24-image.png

    So it’s not hover, but :active

    I’d ne inclined to use transparency here as it’s much less effort

    .dropdown-item.active, .dropdown-item:active {
        --bs-dropdown-link-active-bg: #b9babe38;
    }
    

    That will give you (for this swatch at least)

    eb4040fc-7b5a-4cae-b77e-9cf37570b14b-image.png

  • image.png

    Just this bug.

    How can I change the icon color of the active page? as you can see, the icon is not visible when we are on the selected page
    I don’t want to change background active primary color but for example change icon to white like the text or other color

    @DownPW said in [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS:

    Just this bug.

    How can I change the icon color of the active page

  • Yes thnaks it’s a solution but is there another way? Like targeting icons when the dropdown is active rather than changing the background because I already use --bs-dropdown-link-active-bg elsewhere

    Otherwise we can cheat by changing the color of the icons at any time but I find it less good.

    maybe change html for add specific class

    It’s just a question, I can eventually satisfy myself with this solution

  • Yes thnaks it’s a solution but is there another way? Like targeting icons when the dropdown is active rather than changing the background because I already use --bs-dropdown-link-active-bg elsewhere

    Otherwise we can cheat by changing the color of the icons at any time but I find it less good.

    maybe change html for add specific class

    It’s just a question, I can eventually satisfy myself with this solution

    @DownPW Try this

    a.active i {
        color: #ffffff!important;
    }
    
  • Seems to be definitevely better. Hope have no other effect 🙂
    Thank you Mark !

  • Seems to be definitevely better. Hope have no other effect 🙂
    Thank you Mark !

    @DownPW there shouldn’t be - it’s a fairly specific target, but if you do experience odd behaviour, let me know.

  • Hello mark,

    I would like to change the appearance of deleted messages in topics but I can’t find the target or the component.

    image.png

    For example, opacity or left timeline color of the deleted post

    And I would like the same things for deleted topics

    Hard to find these component or class !

    Thanks 🙂

  • Hello mark,

    I would like to change the appearance of deleted messages in topics but I can’t find the target or the component.

    image.png

    For example, opacity or left timeline color of the deleted post

    And I would like the same things for deleted topics

    Hard to find these component or class !

    Thanks 🙂

    @DownPW The topic CSS for this should be as below (note, I added the background and color)

    ul.categories-list li.deleted, ul.topics-list li.deleted {
        opacity: .6;
        background: red;
        color: yellow;
    }
    

    aba26d71-17be-41bf-88ab-e5bd7b63071d-image.png

    Threads for deleted posts in topics are covered by the .deleted class (note, I added the background and color)

    .deleted {
        background: black;
        color: orange;
    }
    

    914852d6-1a94-4e63-8bc2-f86e3e5a6ee4-image.png

  • Thanks you Mark !

    I know why I have don’t find this directive lol : I got my brushes tangled up in the dev console 🙂

    So for deleted post , I prefer use li.pt-4.deleted instead of .deleted because .deleted is in conflict with ul.categories-list li.deleted, ul.topics-list li.deleted 🙂

  • Thanks you Mark !

    I know why I have don’t find this directive lol : I got my brushes tangled up in the dev console 🙂

    So for deleted post , I prefer use li.pt-4.deleted instead of .deleted because .deleted is in conflict with ul.categories-list li.deleted, ul.topics-list li.deleted 🙂

    @DownPW yes, fair point. The .deleted class is implicit so you need to make it unique using other classes before it to create a chain which you’ve done.


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • Custom Page - nodebb

    Solved Customisation custom-pages nodebb
    13
    2
    5 Votes
    13 Posts
    2k Views
    I’m happy to see this
  • NodeBB v4.0.0

    General nodebb sudonix version 4
    28
    4 Votes
    28 Posts
    7k Views
    @Panda said in NodeBB v4.0.0: the workings of World aren’t intuitive Its not easy to get World populating when a forum is new to it This is a good point and one I’ve considered also. It’s a little confusing to be honest.
  • hover link effect

    Solved Customisation css link hover
    18
    1
    6 Votes
    18 Posts
    6k Views
    @DownPW Looking at the underlying code, class start is being added on hover by jQuery in this function document.querySelectorAll(".button-gradient, .button-transparent").forEach((button) => { const style = getComputedStyle(button); const lines = document.createElement("div"); lines.classList.add("lines"); const groupTop = document.createElement("div"); const groupBottom = document.createElement("div"); const svg = createSVG( button.offsetWidth, button.offsetHeight, parseInt(style.borderRadius, 10) ); groupTop.appendChild(svg); groupTop.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupTop.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupTop.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupBottom.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupBottom.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupBottom.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupBottom.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); lines.appendChild(groupTop); lines.appendChild(groupBottom); button.appendChild(lines); button.addEventListener("pointerenter", () => { button.classList.add("start"); }); svg.addEventListener("animationend", () => { button.classList.remove("start"); }); }); }) The CSS for start is below .button-gradient.start .lines svg, .button-transparent.start .lines svg { animation: stroke 0.3s linear; } And this is the corresponding keyframe @keyframes stroke { 30%, 55% { opacity: 1; } 100% { stroke-dashoffset: 5; opacity: 0; } } It’s using both CSS and SVG, so might not be a simple affair to replicate without the SVG files.
  • Blinking text Effect

    Customisation nodebb text effect css
    3
    5 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab I love it too @phenomlab said in Blinking text Effect: Has that “broken neon light” look that you see in films. It’s exactly that, kind of old neon signs of bar or pubs a bit cyberpunk too
  • 5 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    is there any way to see whose reputation is changed by this plugin?
  • [NodeBB] First post customization

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    5
    4 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab thanks
  • CSS Help on my Flarum

    Solved Customisation
    5
    2
    2 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @mike-jones Yes, you’ll typically see this type of behaviour if there is another style that has higher priority in the sense that yours will be overridden. Using !important will override the higher preference, but should be used sparingly rather than everywhere.
  • NodeBB customisation

    Locked Customisation
    332
    27 Votes
    332 Posts
    246k Views
    @jac Given your departure away from your previous project, I’m going to close this thread…