Skip to content

Nord VPN renewal

Chitchat
37 3 16.1k 1
  • @phenomlab said in Nord VPN renewal:

    Increased CAPTCHA challenges when behind the proxy addresses
    YouTube videos increasingly refusing to play unless you login

    I’ve been getting this with Proton & Surfshark. I change connection and it’s fine again. I guess the IP address is blocked or suspicious?

    @JAC The problem is that they are pool addresses shared by hundreds of users. One nefarious actor will spoil the apple cart for everyone else. It’s a common issue.

  • A football forum I use blocks many Proton IPs, yet to have an issue with Nord in that regard yet.

    Do you use Nord Pass at all Mark?

    As you know I use the Proton suite of products: Drive, Pass (PW manager) VPN, Calender.

    I’m not suggesting I’d move away from Proton altogether but it may be worth looking at alternatives.

  • A football forum I use blocks many Proton IPs, yet to have an issue with Nord in that regard yet.

    Do you use Nord Pass at all Mark?

    As you know I use the Proton suite of products: Drive, Pass (PW manager) VPN, Calender.

    I’m not suggesting I’d move away from Proton altogether but it may be worth looking at alternatives.

    @JAC said in Nord VPN renewal:

    Do you use Nord Pass at all Mark?

    No, I use BitWarden - from recollection, I also convinced @Madchatthew to consider their product offerings. Not sure if he went down that route…

  • @JAC said in Nord VPN renewal:

    Do you use Nord Pass at all Mark?

    No, I use BitWarden - from recollection, I also convinced @Madchatthew to consider their product offerings. Not sure if he went down that route…

    @phenomlab said in Nord VPN renewal:

    No, I use BitWarden - from recollection, I also convinced @Madchatthew to consider their product offerings. Not sure if he went down that route…

    Either are great choices in my opinion having used both. I’m still using Proton Pass and I guess it’s find what you like and stick with it 😃.

  • @JAC said in Nord VPN renewal:

    Do you use Nord Pass at all Mark?

    No, I use BitWarden - from recollection, I also convinced @Madchatthew to consider their product offerings. Not sure if he went down that route…

    @phenomlab I am using bitwarden as well. I haven’t purchased the upgrade, but am thinking about it. It doesn’t bother me to have to open the bitwarden authentication app separately since i am used to doing that.

  • I’ve just taken the plunge and subscribed to Nord VPN, am I right to trust it on the same level I trust Proton?

    The way they actively pay YouTubers to glorify their products does concern me in ways, why not just let the product speak for itself if it’s that good?

    I’ve taken the plunge anyway as I said and I’m interested to get your thought’s on it as a long time user @phenomlab.

  • I’ve just taken the plunge and subscribed to Nord VPN, am I right to trust it on the same level I trust Proton?

    The way they actively pay YouTubers to glorify their products does concern me in ways, why not just let the product speak for itself if it’s that good?

    I’ve taken the plunge anyway as I said and I’m interested to get your thought’s on it as a long time user @phenomlab.

    @JAC the product does speak for itself. Nord does have a lot of affiliates with benefits for both parties. I’ve used it for years, and never had an issue with it.

    It’s one of the better products on the market in my view and is superior to Proton in the sense of available nodes.

  • @JAC the product does speak for itself. Nord does have a lot of affiliates with benefits for both parties. I’ve used it for years, and never had an issue with it.

    It’s one of the better products on the market in my view and is superior to Proton in the sense of available nodes.

    @phenomlab just testing now. Seems faster than Proton so far. 👌🏻

  • @JAC the product does speak for itself. Nord does have a lot of affiliates with benefits for both parties. I’ve used it for years, and never had an issue with it.

    It’s one of the better products on the market in my view and is superior to Proton in the sense of available nodes.

    @phenomlab I would agree. I have used it in the past and if i were to purchase a vpn again, i would go with Nordvpn. I had a very good experience with it. I have used ProtonVPN as well and Nordvpn I believe is cheaper too for what you get.

  • So far so good 👌🏻.


Related Topics
  • 5 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @crazycells I did see something similar to that article, yes. I never fully understood why anyone would want to give unfettered and complete access to AI without first understanding exactly what it had control of, and what it intended to do with that access. This isn’t the first “horror story” and it won’t be the last.
  • Happy New Year!

    Chitchat new year
    4
    4 Votes
    4 Posts
    1k Views
    Happy New Year !!
  • Arch Server Progress

    Chitchat arch linux server web server
    64
    31 Votes
    64 Posts
    24k Views
    @phenomlab I think I am going to switch to this theme eventually. The one I have is ok, but the price for this theme and what you get with it is really good. The business has broken even and is actually making some money now. We will see what the future holds. I am hoping to start getting enough business so I am behind 2 to 3 months. So we will see. My Arch web server has been working great! No issues with it so far. The only thing lately was the mail server software being updated, and they broke everything. I was able to make the required changes and get it back working and it has been working amazingly so far. I am still really happy I switched to Arch Linux Server and I haven’t had to reinstall the whole operating system due to this switch.
  • Want to use Sudonix themes ?

    Chitchat themes nodebb
    80
    1
    34 Votes
    80 Posts
    27k Views
    omg thank you Mark.
  • Netflix hints at password sharing crackdown

    Chitchat netflix
    42
    32 Votes
    42 Posts
    14k Views
    @Madchatthew well, that does in fact happen in some cases.
  • KeepSolid VPN Unlimited DEAL

    Configure keepsolid vpn
    53
    18 Votes
    53 Posts
    20k Views
    @JAC said in KeepSolid VPN Unlimited DEAL: although all are going to have their own flaws one way or another, Exactly that - none of them are going to suit every individual purpose. You have to read the reviews, decide what functionality you need, and then make a judgement call for yourself (and your own unique needs). There is no “wrong or right”, although I would steer clear of those that do not have a no-logs policy for privacy reasons alone.
  • VPNs & Netflix

    Solved General
    6
    1 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    I believe I’ve connected to a different VPN since and it’s worked even with the app.
  • Which product is the best for VPN?

    Configure nord vpn vpn reviews
    213
    49 Votes
    213 Posts
    104k Views
    @crazycells briefly, yes. I think what concerns be the most with home brew VPN convective like this is a lack of security updates, and potentially leaving yourself open. I’ve yet to actually try it, but I know there are a variety of ways to achieve the same goal.