Skip to content

Threaded post support for NodeBB

Let's Build It
146 5 104.2k 1
  • yep but these 2 class have problem, on your screens, with Threading Off, background color use –bs-body-navbar and not –bs-body-bg.
    And if you seen topi event is not transparent like vanilla

  • yep but these 2 class have problem, on your screens, with Threading Off, background color use –bs-body-navbar and not –bs-body-bg.
    And if you seen topi event is not transparent like vanilla

    @DownPW That should make no difference?

    Just remove it from the class

    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline .timeline-event, .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post/placeholder"], .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component=post] {
        border-left: none;
        transition: transform 0.3s ease !important;
        background: var(--bs-body-bg);
        /* background: var(--bs-body-navbar); */
        border-radius: var(--bs-border-radius);
    }
    

    9871c5b3-1b9b-415b-b848-0f663341fc09-image.png

  • that makes all the difference 🙂

    Vanilla is like this:

    image.png

  • yep but these 2 class have problem, on your screens, with Threading Off, background color use –bs-body-navbar and not –bs-body-bg.
    And if you seen topi event is not transparent like vanilla

    @DownPW said in Threading support for NodeBB:

    And if you seen topi event is not transparent like vanilla

    It is for me

    6d89cea9-6311-48d1-8eea-07b7b827eafd-image.png

  • nope for me

    image.png

  • no return to vanilla background

    blink2.gif

    vanilla: bs-body-bg
    thread ON: bs-body-navbar

  • no return to vanilla background

    blink2.gif

    vanilla: bs-body-bg
    thread ON: bs-body-navbar

    @DownPW Because your CSS has not been altered dude.

    ebe21e6c-5409-498f-a5dd-605403c52622-image.png

    Try now. It works for me?

  • I have not the same result :

    image.png

    I have bs-body-bg with thread ON

  • I have not the same result :

    image.png

    I have bs-body-bg with thread ON

    @DownPW Isn’t that correct, or do you want --bs-body-navbar ?

  • no return to vanilla background

    blink2.gif

    vanilla: bs-body-bg
    thread ON: bs-body-navbar

    @DownPW said in Threading support for NodeBB:

    vanilla: bs-body-bg
    thread ON: bs-body-navbar

  • @DownPW said in Threading support for NodeBB:

    vanilla: bs-body-bg
    thread ON: bs-body-navbar

    @DownPW Right. Hold on.

  • or maybe for each modification this must be specified twice ?

    THREAD OFF

    /* Start of threaded CSS rules */
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline .timeline-event,
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post/placeholder"],
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post"] {
      border-left: none;
      transition: transform 0.3s ease !important;
      background: var(--bs-body-bg);
      /* background: var(--bs-body-navbar); */
      border-radius: var(--bs-border-radius);
    }
    

    THREAD ON

    /* Start of threaded CSS rules */
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline .timeline-event,
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post/placeholder"],
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post"].threaded {
      border-left: none;
      transition: transform 0.3s ease !important;
      /* background: var(--bs-body-bg); */
      background: var(--bs-body-navbar);
      border-radius: var(--bs-border-radius);
    }
    

    Same things for other modif like border radius

  • or maybe for each modification this must be specified twice ?

    THREAD OFF

    /* Start of threaded CSS rules */
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline .timeline-event,
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post/placeholder"],
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post"] {
      border-left: none;
      transition: transform 0.3s ease !important;
      background: var(--bs-body-bg);
      /* background: var(--bs-body-navbar); */
      border-radius: var(--bs-border-radius);
    }
    

    THREAD ON

    /* Start of threaded CSS rules */
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline .timeline-event,
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post/placeholder"],
    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post"].threaded {
      border-left: none;
      transition: transform 0.3s ease !important;
      /* background: var(--bs-body-bg); */
      background: var(--bs-body-navbar);
      border-radius: var(--bs-border-radius);
    }
    

    Same things for other modif like border radius

    @DownPW Try now.

  • 🙂

    One or 2 classes are missing in Thread ON mode but this is the logic I want.

    What have you done that I can understand and modify?

  • 🙂

    One or 2 classes are missing in Thread ON mode but this is the logic I want.

    What have you done that I can understand and modify?

    @DownPW Good…

    Added

      li.pt-4.threaded {
        background: var(--bs-body-navbar) !important;
    }
    

    Modified

      .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline .timeline-event,
      .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post/placeholder"],
      .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post"] {
        border-left: none;
        transition: transform 0.3s ease !important;
        background: var(--bs-body-bg); 
        border-radius: var(--bs-border-radius);
      }
    
  • hmm Ok
    For once I don’t understand the logic 🙂

    Just one thing I have added befor one Thread ON mode :

    image.png
    image.png

  • hmm Ok
    For once I don’t understand the logic 🙂

    Just one thing I have added befor one Thread ON mode :

    image.png
    image.png

    @DownPW Caching issue I think. Seems to work ok for me

    Threading On

    00542631-8e3c-4ca7-b7ec-bb851a883bdb-image.png

    Threading Off

    f82a0eba-8361-4900-93e1-2af05e3b33a3-image.png

  • Hmm problem, incognito mode and on your screen = not thread mode with Threadinf ON 🙂 (see my last self post/last post)

    And I see this rest of thread ON border-radius on vanilla :

    image.png

    Seem very hard to understand

  • Hmm problem, incognito mode and on your screen = not thread mode with Threadinf ON 🙂 (see my last self post/last post)

    And I see this rest of thread ON border-radius on vanilla :

    image.png

    Seem very hard to understand

    @DownPW This one?

    9ab34fe4-53c7-4466-b2bf-ee77a9495cf1-image.png

    Seems fine to me?

    For the radius issue on highlight, this will fix it (I updated your CSS already)

    .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline .timeline-event.highlight, .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component="post/placeholder"].highlight, .page-topic .topic .posts.timeline > [component=post].highlight {
        border-left: 2px solid #0d6efd !important;
        margin-left: 22px;
        transition: transform 0.3s ease !important;
        border-radius: 0px;
    }
    

    7de4ff82-561b-49f2-9e80-b4876e2caaba-image.png

  • nope we have top and bottom left border radius. On vanilla harmony, we have not


Related Topics
  • NodeBB recent cards customisation

    Solved Customisation nodebb recent cards
    3
    1
    2 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    @phenomlab thank you very much for the assistance Mark, massively appreciated as always. The great thing about this is it’s all documented for other NodeBB users that come looking for solutions . Looks far better .
  • NodeBB Twitter / X embeds

    Let's Build It twitter script
    34
    21 Votes
    34 Posts
    15k Views
    @phenomlab said: @DownPW thanks for spotting (and fixing) this issue. I admittedly threw this together quickly for @jac some time ago, and it hasn’t had any love since. If OK with you, I’ll merge these changes into the github repository? No problem dude
  • Following the API docs but its not clear ...

    Solved Customisation api nodebb
    8
    2 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda you’d be surprised. If you consider that you’d need to use the API to be able to populate a WordPress widget for example (which in turn would of course be PHP), taking this route is still immensely popular.
  • SEO and Nodebb

    Performance nodebb seo
    2
    2 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @Panda It’s the best it’s ever been to be honest. I’ve used a myriad of systems in the past - most notably, WordPress, and then Flarum (which for SEO, was absolutely dire - they never even had SEO out of the box, and relied on a third party extension to do it), and NodeBB easily fares the best - see below example https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Asudonix.org&oq=site%3Asudonix.org&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i58j69i60l2.9039j0j3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#ip=1 However, this was not without significant effort on my part once I’d migrated from COM to ORG - see below posts https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17286/google-crawl-error-after-site-migration/17?_=1688461250365 And also https://support.google.com/webmasters/thread/221027803?hl=en&msgid=221464164 It was painful to say the least - as it turns out, there was an issue in NodeBB core that prevented spiders from getting to content, which as far as I understand, is now fixed. SEO in itself is a dark art - a black box that nobody really fully understands, and it’s essentially going to boil down to one thing - “content”. Google’s algorithm for indexing has also changed dramatically over the years. They only now crawl content that has value, so if it believes that your site has nothing to offer, it will simply skip it.
  • restarting nodebb on boot

    Unsolved Configure nodebb
    3
    1 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    @eeeee said in restarting nodebb on boot: can I just run nodebb under nodemon for auto restarts? It’s a better method. Nodemon just looks for file system changes and would effectively die if the server was rebooted meaning you’d have to start it again anyway. Systemd is the defacto standard which is how the operating system interacts in terms of services, scheduled tasks etc.
  • [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS

    Solved Customisation nodebb css bugfix
    258
    49 Votes
    258 Posts
    149k Views
    mark hi, Refused to apply style from ‘https://efelsefe.com/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome-6-Pro/pro/css/v4-font-face.css’ because its MIME type (‘text/plain’) is not a supported stylesheet MIME type, and strict MIME checking is enabled. I keep getting this error.
  • NodeBB - Created pages not found?

    General
    20
    3 Votes
    20 Posts
    6k Views
    @jac Exactly. Hard point to argue.
  • nodebb dropdown menu

    Solved Configure nodebb
    5
    1
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab said in nodebb dropdown menu: @kurulumu-net You set it like the below example taken from this site [image: 1637939951821-aae36790-3257-4bb2-ad5a-0d744309876a-image.png] Which presents this [image: 1637939983445-77f47260-2941-4afe-9614-8e17dcfc8c19-image.png] Very interesting… I actually thought this wasn’t possible, as I remember it being asked in the NodeBB forum. Is this something new that’s been implemented? I’ll 100% be doing that when I’m on the laptop over the weekend.