Skip to content

What is this bar called?

Solved Customisation
92 3 37.3k 1
  • It seems to be worse. The JS no longer works.

    When I remove the customJS and custom Header code. The website is OK

    Could there be an error/omission in the given code? A typo in the code?

    @DownPW strange. Is this on your dev server? I’ll take a look tomorrow morning.

  • nope on my VM but you have an account on dev server

  • nope on my VM but you have an account on dev server

    @DownPW ok. I’ll try it there tomorrow.

  • It seems to be worse. The JS no longer works.

    When I remove the customJS and custom Header code. The website is OK

    Could there be an error/omission in the given code? A typo in the code?

    @DownPW said in What is this bar called?:

    It seems to be worse. The JS no longer works.

    When I remove the customJS and custom Header code. The website is OK

    Could there be an error/omission in the given code? A typo in the code?

    I must have been drunk or high on something else when I provided the code as there are large chunks of CSS missing, and a rogue closing parenthesis! That’s what too much work does I suppose 🙂

    I’ve implemented the CORRECT version of this on your DEV site (tested ok) and updated the post so it reflects reality 😱

  • I thought something was missing… 🙂

    I totally understand. Very tired me too at the moment and like you a lot of work provided between my job and the one done outside on PW

  • I thought something was missing… 🙂

    I totally understand. Very tired me too at the moment and like you a lot of work provided between my job and the one done outside on PW

    @DownPW said in What is this bar called?:

    I totally understand. Very tired me too at the moment and like you a lot of work provided between my job and the one done outside on PW

    Yes, that’s exactly the problem. Work is very demanding and has to come first, so I fit this (Sudonix) in whenever I can - often late into evenings and it’s easy to make even the simplest of mistakes 😄

  • All - i found some bugs in the previous code that was posted, and have rectified the error. Please replace any code you are using with the revised version.

  • @phenomlab

    I don’t know why the reading-meter-progress-bar doesn’t appear on my smartphone (dev instance) when I scroll down but appear a little on scroll top ?

    blink.gif

  • @phenomlab

    I don’t know why the reading-meter-progress-bar doesn’t appear on my smartphone (dev instance) when I scroll down but appear a little on scroll top ?

    blink.gif

    @DownPW That must be some sort custom CSS. I can’t reproduce that here. ,

  • odd, no problem on desktop, just smartphone

  • @phenomlab

    It seems that code who caused problem :

    /* Menu Brand Header */
    @media (max-width: 767px)  {
      .socialicons {
        display: none !important;
      }
      [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
        display: inherit !important;
      }
      /* Button topic navbar header color */
      .sticky-tools .btn-ghost-sm i {
        color: var(--bs-alert-info-color) !important;
      }
    }
    

    If i delete :

    [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
      display: inherit !important;
    }
    

    Reading progress bar is good now but my icons (menu and theme swatch applet) dissapear 😞

    ae3e4cca-116b-4515-acff-ddcc71bc980f-image.png

  • @phenomlab

    It seems that code who caused problem :

    /* Menu Brand Header */
    @media (max-width: 767px)  {
      .socialicons {
        display: none !important;
      }
      [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
        display: inherit !important;
      }
      /* Button topic navbar header color */
      .sticky-tools .btn-ghost-sm i {
        color: var(--bs-alert-info-color) !important;
      }
    }
    

    If i delete :

    [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
      display: inherit !important;
    }
    

    Reading progress bar is good now but my icons (menu and theme swatch applet) dissapear 😞

    ae3e4cca-116b-4515-acff-ddcc71bc980f-image.png

    @DownPW I’d put that CSS back. It’s set like that for a reason, so you’ll need to be more specific with the target so you can unset.

  • Sorry but I do not understand too much @phenomlab because if I keep this code, the reading bar does not work on smartphone

  • Sorry but I do not understand too much @phenomlab because if I keep this code, the reading bar does not work on smartphone

    @DownPW what I mean is target from higher above so the CSS you apply to the end target is not the same as an existing element.

  • for brand header or for progress bar ?

  • for brand header or for progress bar ?

    @DownPW progress bar.

  • @phenomlab

    I just tested by deleting all the custom CSS code and keeping only the following CSS code

    #pageUp {
      display: inline-block;
      background: var(--bs-body-component-active);
      width: 50px;
      height: 50px;
      text-align: center;
      border-radius: 0.375rem;
      position: fixed;
      bottom: 70px;
      right: 80px;
      transition: background-color .3s, opacity .5s, visibility .5s;
      opacity: 0;
      visibility: hidden;
    }
    #pageUp.show {
      opacity: 1;
      visibility: visible;
      z-index: 10000;
      color: var(--bs-body-navbar-color) !important;
    }
    a#pageUp.show:hover {
      background: var(--bs-dropdown-link-hover-bg);
      border: 1px solid var(--bs-border-color);
    }
    a#pageUp i {
        position: absolute;
        top: 32%;
        left: 35%;
    }
    .reading-meter {
        position: fixed;
        width: 100%;
        top: 0;
        left: 0;
        right: 0;
        height: 2px !important;
    }
     
    div#readingposition {
        background-color: var(--bs-body-navbar) !important;
        color: var(--bs-body-color) !important;
        height: 2px;
        z-index: 1000;
    }
     
    .reading-meter-progress {
        border: 1px solid var(--bs-border-color);
        width: 100%;
    }
     
    .reading-meter-background {
        background: var(--bs-body-bg);
    }
     
    .reading-meter-progress-bar {
        background: var(--bs-progress-bg-bar);
        height: 2px;
    }
    input#percentage {
        display: none;
    }
     
    @media (max-width: 767px) {
        #pageUp {
            bottom: 60px;
            right: 30px;
          }
        }
     
     
     
     /* Menu Brand Header */
    @media (max-width: 767px)  {
      .socialicons {
        display: none !important;
      }
      [data-widget-area=brand-header] .d-none {
        display: inherit !important;
      }
      /* Button topic navbar header color */
      .sticky-tools .btn-ghost-sm i {
        color: var(--bs-alert-info-color) !important;
      }
    }
    

    There is clearly a conflict between his 2 codes.

  • What I don’t understand is that we have the same code and you don’t have this problem.

  • What I don’t understand is that we have the same code and you don’t have this problem.

    @DownPW this is the point I was trying to make about custom CSS.

  • @phenomlab

    I have find, it’s a zoom problem :

    If we zoom in on a page like the home page, even a tiny zoom invisible to the naked eye (which was my case), we end up with the bug described above.

    Solution: zoomed out to maximum


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • Custom Page - nodebb

    Solved Customisation custom-pages nodebb
    13
    2
    5 Votes
    13 Posts
    2k Views
    I’m happy to see this
  • Spam spam spam

    Solved Configure nodebb
    6
    2 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda said in Spam spam spam: ok, yes Ive seen the queue, it shows IP, but doesnt have a field for comments from registrant. It’s not designed for that. It merely serves as a gateway between posts appearing on your form or not. @Panda said in Spam spam spam: It would be better if nodebb had this plugin included in ACP list, as not only then do you know its approved and should work, but many people cant or dont want to use CLI on the server That’s a question for the NodeBB devs but in all honesty you can’t not use the CLI when installing nodebb so to be this isn’t a big deal.
  • Page control arrows for PWA

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    27
    25 Votes
    27 Posts
    13k Views
    @crazycells it is, yes - I think I’ll leave it as there is no specific PWA CSS classes I know of. Well, you could use something like the below, but this means multiple CSS files for different operating systems. /** * Determine the mobile operating system. * This function returns one of 'iOS', 'Android', 'Windows Phone', or 'unknown'. * * @returns {String} */ function getMobileOperatingSystem() { var userAgent = navigator.userAgent || navigator.vendor || window.opera; // Windows Phone must come first because its UA also contains "Android" if (/windows phone/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Windows Phone"; } if (/android/i.test(userAgent)) { return "Android"; } if (/iPad|iPhone|iPod/.test(userAgent) && !window.MSStream) { return "iOS"; } return "unknown"; // return “Android” - one should either handle the unknown or fallback to a specific platform, let’s say Android } Once you’re in that rabbit hole, it’s impossible to get out of it.
  • NodeBB v3 Chat Very Slow

    Moved Performance nodebb v3 nodebb chat
    47
    11 Votes
    47 Posts
    19k Views
    @DownPW Seems fine.
  • Chevron up before & after

    Solved Configure nodebb
    11
    1
    4 Votes
    11 Posts
    3k Views
    @crazycells you are right thank you.
  • Footer bar add center text

    Solved Customisation css
    41
    1
    8 Votes
    41 Posts
    17k Views
    @phenomlab said in Footer bar add center text: div#console-nav-tab Ah ok test with bottom: 0px !important; idem
  • 10 Votes
    23 Posts
    7k Views
    @DownPW sounds good.
  • Reading Meter Progress bar

    Locked Solved Customisation css
    15
    1
    9 Votes
    15 Posts
    6k Views
    For anyone else following this thread, please see https://sudonix.com/topic/467/issues-with-progress-bar-on-v3