Skip to content

NodeBB 3.0 alpha1 : Error on install

Solved Configure
19 2 5.9k 1
  • @phenomlab

    npm remove nodebb-plugin
    

    ?

    @DownPW yes, exactly. You can then install the updated (and compliant) v3 versions after the upgrade process completed successfully.

  • @phenomlab

    test with npm remove nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.6

    npm remove nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.6
    npm WARN ERESOLVE overriding peer dependency
    npm WARN While resolving: nodebb@3.0.0-alpha.1
    npm WARN Found: nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.6
    npm WARN node_modules/nodebb-plugin-emoji
    npm WARN   peer nodebb-plugin-emoji@"^4.0.0" from @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@1.0.2
    npm WARN   node_modules/@nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions
    npm WARN     @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@"^1.0.2" from the root project
    npm WARN   2 more (nodebb-plugin-emoji-android, the root project)
    npm WARN 
    npm WARN Could not resolve dependency:
    npm WARN peer nodebb-plugin-emoji@"^4.0.0" from @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@1.0.2
    npm WARN node_modules/@nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions
    npm WARN   @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@"^1.0.2" from the root project
    npm WARN ERESOLVE overriding peer dependency
    npm WARN While resolving: nodebb@3.0.0-alpha.1
    npm WARN Found: nodebb-plugin-markdown@10.1.1
    npm WARN node_modules/nodebb-plugin-markdown
    npm WARN   peer nodebb-plugin-markdown@"^10.0.0" from nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@1.6.0
    npm WARN   node_modules/nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown
    npm WARN     nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@"^1.6.0" from the root project
    npm WARN   1 more (the root project)
    npm WARN 
    npm WARN Could not resolve dependency:
    npm WARN peer nodebb-plugin-markdown@"^10.0.0" from nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@1.6.0
    npm WARN node_modules/nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown
    npm WARN   nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@"^1.6.0" from the root project
    npm ERR! code 128
    npm ERR! An unknown git error occurred
    npm ERR! command git --no-replace-objects ls-remote ssh://git@github.com/makeusabrew/bootbox.git
    npm ERR! git@github.com: Permission denied (publickey).
    npm ERR! fatal: Impossible de lire le dépôt distant.
    npm ERR! 
    npm ERR! Veuillez vérifier que vous avez les droits d'accès
    npm ERR! et que le dépôt existe.
    
    npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
    npm ERR!     /root/.npm/_logs/2023-01-05T22_23_12_150Z-debug-0.log
    

    @DownPW looks like a permissions issue?

  • @DownPW looks like a permissions issue?

    @phenomlab I’m on root maybe that

    EDit: nope idem on non root user

  • @phenomlab

    test with npm remove nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.6

    npm remove nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.6
    npm WARN ERESOLVE overriding peer dependency
    npm WARN While resolving: nodebb@3.0.0-alpha.1
    npm WARN Found: nodebb-plugin-emoji@4.0.6
    npm WARN node_modules/nodebb-plugin-emoji
    npm WARN   peer nodebb-plugin-emoji@"^4.0.0" from @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@1.0.2
    npm WARN   node_modules/@nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions
    npm WARN     @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@"^1.0.2" from the root project
    npm WARN   2 more (nodebb-plugin-emoji-android, the root project)
    npm WARN 
    npm WARN Could not resolve dependency:
    npm WARN peer nodebb-plugin-emoji@"^4.0.0" from @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@1.0.2
    npm WARN node_modules/@nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions
    npm WARN   @nodebb/nodebb-plugin-reactions@"^1.0.2" from the root project
    npm WARN ERESOLVE overriding peer dependency
    npm WARN While resolving: nodebb@3.0.0-alpha.1
    npm WARN Found: nodebb-plugin-markdown@10.1.1
    npm WARN node_modules/nodebb-plugin-markdown
    npm WARN   peer nodebb-plugin-markdown@"^10.0.0" from nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@1.6.0
    npm WARN   node_modules/nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown
    npm WARN     nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@"^1.6.0" from the root project
    npm WARN   1 more (the root project)
    npm WARN 
    npm WARN Could not resolve dependency:
    npm WARN peer nodebb-plugin-markdown@"^10.0.0" from nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@1.6.0
    npm WARN node_modules/nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown
    npm WARN   nodebb-plugin-extended-markdown@"^1.6.0" from the root project
    npm ERR! code 128
    npm ERR! An unknown git error occurred
    npm ERR! command git --no-replace-objects ls-remote ssh://git@github.com/makeusabrew/bootbox.git
    npm ERR! git@github.com: Permission denied (publickey).
    npm ERR! fatal: Impossible de lire le dépôt distant.
    npm ERR! 
    npm ERR! Veuillez vérifier que vous avez les droits d'accès
    npm ERR! et que le dépôt existe.
    
    npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
    npm ERR!     /root/.npm/_logs/2023-01-05T22_23_12_150Z-debug-0.log
    

    @DownPW can you try with just

    npm remove nodebb-plugin-emoj
    
  • @DownPW can you try with just

    npm remove nodebb-plugin-emoj
    

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB 3.0 alpha1 : Error on install:

    npm remove nodebb-plugin-emoj

    nope

  • @phenomlab said in NodeBB 3.0 alpha1 : Error on install:

    npm remove nodebb-plugin-emoj

    nope

    @DownPW can you provide an output of the currently installed plugins before upgrade?

  • @DownPW can you provide an output of the currently installed plugins before upgrade?

    @phenomlab https://community.nodebb.org/topic/16721/nodebb-v3-0-0-alpha-1-an-alpha-release/29

    maybe a problem with depot permissions.
    I wait a answer by Pitag or other nodebb staff

  • @phenomlab https://community.nodebb.org/topic/16721/nodebb-v3-0-0-alpha-1-an-alpha-release/29

    maybe a problem with depot permissions.
    I wait a answer by Pitag or other nodebb staff

    @DownPW yes, I saw that this morning. You could still try and remove those plugins which aren’t compliant though.

  • @phenomlab

    Hourra I’m on V3 🙂

    here the solution for installation :

    cd /path/to/your/nodebb
    git rev-parse HEAD  # save this value in case you need to roll back  --- 727f879e5b1698fcf9bdbaca5181b28d0e9497fd
    git fetch && git checkout bootstrap5
    git reset --hard v3.0.0-alpha.3
    npm config set legacy-peer-deps true
    ./nodebb upgrade -mi
    ./nodebb build
    ./nodebb start
    

    A lot of things doesn’t work with new Personna Bootstrap 5 like theme Switcher selector for example

    –> Could I count on you to help me evolve the things we created together for Persona5 or Harmony? Like footerbar, theme Switcher selector, welcome message with image change ?

    –> Other things, Harmony theme not include on alpha ?

  • @phenomlab

    Hourra I’m on V3 🙂

    here the solution for installation :

    cd /path/to/your/nodebb
    git rev-parse HEAD  # save this value in case you need to roll back  --- 727f879e5b1698fcf9bdbaca5181b28d0e9497fd
    git fetch && git checkout bootstrap5
    git reset --hard v3.0.0-alpha.3
    npm config set legacy-peer-deps true
    ./nodebb upgrade -mi
    ./nodebb build
    ./nodebb start
    

    A lot of things doesn’t work with new Personna Bootstrap 5 like theme Switcher selector for example

    –> Could I count on you to help me evolve the things we created together for Persona5 or Harmony? Like footerbar, theme Switcher selector, welcome message with image change ?

    –> Other things, Harmony theme not include on alpha ?

    @DownPW said in NodeBB 3.0 alpha1 : Error on install:

    A lot of things doesn’t work with new Personna Bootstrap 5 like theme Switcher selector for example

    It does work, but needs minor tweaks as the existing listener doesn’t work under bootstrap 5 as it did under bootstrap 3. Nothing major to fix.

    Of course you can count on me. I’ll be in the same journey 🙂

    Harmony isn’t available yet from what I’ve read - not until beta releases I think.

  • @DownPW said in NodeBB 3.0 alpha1 : Error on install:

    A lot of things doesn’t work with new Personna Bootstrap 5 like theme Switcher selector for example

    It does work, but needs minor tweaks as the existing listener doesn’t work under bootstrap 5 as it did under bootstrap 3. Nothing major to fix.

    Of course you can count on me. I’ll be in the same journey 🙂

    Harmony isn’t available yet from what I’ve read - not until beta releases I think.

    @phenomlab said in NodeBB 3.0 alpha1 : Error on install:

    Of course you can count on me. I’ll be in the same journey

    ✈

    haha that doesn’t surprise me. Thank you again for that my friend 👍 ♥

    I still hesitate between staying under Persona 5 or Harmony.

    I will decide when I can test it

  • DownPWundefined DownPW has marked this topic as solved on
  • @phenomlab said in NodeBB 3.0 alpha1 : Error on install:

    Of course you can count on me. I’ll be in the same journey

    ✈

    haha that doesn’t surprise me. Thank you again for that my friend 👍 ♥

    I still hesitate between staying under Persona 5 or Harmony.

    I will decide when I can test it

    @DownPW I’m going to test harmony. I quite like the look. However, I did start a topic to discuss this. Would appreciate input

    https://sudonix.com/topic/397/nodebb-v3-and-harmony-theme

  • @DownPW I’m going to test harmony. I quite like the look. However, I did start a topic to discuss this. Would appreciate input

    https://sudonix.com/topic/397/nodebb-v3-and-harmony-theme

  • @DownPW very odd. I don’t recall setting permissions there but try now.

  • @DownPW very odd. I don’t recall setting permissions there but try now.

    @phenomlab Work now 😉


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • Custom Page - nodebb

    Solved Customisation custom-pages nodebb
    13
    2
    5 Votes
    13 Posts
    2k Views
    I’m happy to see this
  • Custom html in nodebb to prevent cache

    Unsolved Configure nodebb
    18
    2 Votes
    18 Posts
    5k Views
    @Panda You’ll need to do that with js. With some quick CSS changes, it looks like this [image: 1690796279348-d619844f-fbfe-4cf1-a283-6b7364f6bf18-image.png] The colour choice is still really hard on the eye, but at least you can now read the text
  • Nodebb 3.2.0

    Bugs nodebb nodebb 3.2.0
    20
    1
    2 Votes
    20 Posts
    6k Views
    @crazycells yes, I’m aware of that. Need to fix EDIT- fixed. Caused by the same CSS that is used to absolutely position the “verified” group badge in the posts view. Amended this CSS so that is specifically targets the post stream as below li[component="post"] a[href*="/groups/verified"] { position: absolute !important; left: 8px; z-index: 2; margin-top: 1px; border-radius: 999px !important; line-height: 14px; display: block; height: 22px; margin-left: 0px !important; }
  • NodeBB: Upgrading to NodeBB v3.x

    Solved Configure nodebb v3.x
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @mventures You’d need to connect to the server and execute it directly - not on your local terminal. Review the guide below, which will show you how to gain access via SSH to your server https://docs.ovh.com/gb/en/dedicated/ssh-introduction/ Once you have access, you’ll need to navigate to the actual folder where NodeBB is installed You’ll then need to change to the directory as shown below /home/unbuntu/nodebb [image: 1680448167972-fdffe673-bf63-4b6d-a728-5506fddc1aff-image.png] In most cases, initial access takes you to the root of the file system. You can always issue pwd in a Linux terminal which will show you the Present Working Directory. From there, you can issue the command cd /home/ubuntu/nodebb Once in the NodeBB directory, you’d use the below commands ./nodebb stop git fetch && git checkout develop && git reset --hard origin/develop ./nodebb upgrade ./nodebb start Line 1 stops the NodeBB instance Line 2 gets the latest files from GIT (repository) and then checks out the development branch. It then resets the version you are using to the development branch ready for v3 Line 3 Runs the upgrade once the new branch is set, and code pulled Line 4 Restarts the NodeBB instance after the upgrade has completed Note that when you restart NodeBB and log back in, things will look very different to what you had in v2.
  • NodeBB: The global Search option

    Solved Configure search nodebb
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    1k Views
    @mventures Yes, exactly. The other icon will restart NodeBB whilst the first icon I referenced will rebuild (recompile) it. The huge strength of NodeBB over Flarum (for example) is that the code is precompiled, and called once at boot. PHP’s code has to repeatedly reload code from source making it much slower.
  • MailGun Not Working NodeBB

    Solved Configure mail mailgun
    6
    1 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab did it i did not create smtp user on mailgun. everything is working now. [image: 1667569376261-6cc6061f-ed5d-41f6-8eb7-5d98f98b3706-image.png]
  • Bootstrap Version

    Solved Customisation nodebb bootstrap
    8
    5 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab That will be nice once they have completed that. It will be interesting to see how long that takes. So for now I will use custom css to make it look the way I want. Frameworks just make things a little faster. Thanks @phenomlab
  • Iframely (Nodebb)

    Solved Configure
    40
    4 Votes
    40 Posts
    15k Views
    @DownPW This is now resolved. The issue was an incorrect URL specified in the Nodebb plugin. I’ve corrected this, and now it works as intended.