Skip to content

Fresher in Nodebb install

General
24 5 10.5k 1
  • Whats up guys. Hows everyone doing?

    Agree with the situation. There is nothing worst that to have allot of discussions and later on realise that you picked the wrong platform. Not bashing Flarum, its not their fault. Like most, I should have realised that composer platforms are not for me. I think NodeBB is composer as well. Correct me if Im wrong. Any way, since I been bisy with my own thing, I completely lost track of whats out there? Any new forum or blog type platforms out there? Not Laravel of course.

    @MadWay NodeBB is actually NPM so not composer 👍

  • Whats up guys. Hows everyone doing?

    Agree with the situation. There is nothing worst that to have allot of discussions and later on realise that you picked the wrong platform. Not bashing Flarum, its not their fault. Like most, I should have realised that composer platforms are not for me. I think NodeBB is composer as well. Correct me if Im wrong. Any way, since I been bisy with my own thing, I completely lost track of whats out there? Any new forum or blog type platforms out there? Not Laravel of course.

    @MadWay welcome on NodeBB board 🙂

  • @MadWay NodeBB is actually NPM so not composer 👍

    @phenomlab not for free hosting I assume. There is no install.php or similar, If I remember. Does it have that option to have full first post display on front page i stead of just a title?

  • @phenomlab not for free hosting I assume. There is no install.php or similar, If I remember. Does it have that option to have full first post display on front page i stead of just a title?

    @phenomlab He always arrives safe 😊

    @Hari i agree on that, url structure can be seo effective. I am going to work on WordPress this next week, remember you were able to bring down TTF to 200ms on flarum? 😄 , so let’s aim under that and play small load time and leave everything there and watch how will play out. At least this time we have a wider ground, and able to pay just anyone to work on the simpler worldwide code unlike some place 🤭 We looked like we were captives in some sense. You can’t do a minor change because the extension it’s used by everyone. Now we free d**n!

    If we all have something great, imagine how we can benefit on backlinks, and how will be so simple! Not forgetting phenomlab is good in security.
    alt text

  • @phenomlab not for free hosting I assume. There is no install.php or similar, If I remember. Does it have that option to have full first post display on front page i stead of just a title?

    @MadWay NodeBB is in fact based on NodeJS so doesn’t use PHP at all.

  • @phenomlab He always arrives safe 😊

    @Hari i agree on that, url structure can be seo effective. I am going to work on WordPress this next week, remember you were able to bring down TTF to 200ms on flarum? 😄 , so let’s aim under that and play small load time and leave everything there and watch how will play out. At least this time we have a wider ground, and able to pay just anyone to work on the simpler worldwide code unlike some place 🤭 We looked like we were captives in some sense. You can’t do a minor change because the extension it’s used by everyone. Now we free d**n!

    If we all have something great, imagine how we can benefit on backlinks, and how will be so simple! Not forgetting phenomlab is good in security.
    alt text

    @Sala said in Fresher in Nodebb install:

    bring down TTF to 200ms on flarum?

    I can’t see how this is achievable. At least I never managed to get below 600ms in most cases and this was on powerful hardware.

  • @phenomlab He always arrives safe 😊

    @Hari i agree on that, url structure can be seo effective. I am going to work on WordPress this next week, remember you were able to bring down TTF to 200ms on flarum? 😄 , so let’s aim under that and play small load time and leave everything there and watch how will play out. At least this time we have a wider ground, and able to pay just anyone to work on the simpler worldwide code unlike some place 🤭 We looked like we were captives in some sense. You can’t do a minor change because the extension it’s used by everyone. Now we free d**n!

    If we all have something great, imagine how we can benefit on backlinks, and how will be so simple! Not forgetting phenomlab is good in security.
    alt text

    @Sala said in Fresher in Nodebb install:

    I am going to work on WordPress this next week, remember you were able to bring down TTF to 200ms on flarum?

    😄

    these are my wordpress forum metrics using Cloudflare APO

    c321d385-59e8-4b81-8aa0-6425913abdb9-image.png

    adc9b7b0-4d38-4606-9024-0ea1463d14bc-image.png

  • @Sala said in Fresher in Nodebb install:

    I am going to work on WordPress this next week, remember you were able to bring down TTF to 200ms on flarum?

    😄

    these are my wordpress forum metrics using Cloudflare APO

    c321d385-59e8-4b81-8aa0-6425913abdb9-image.png

    adc9b7b0-4d38-4606-9024-0ea1463d14bc-image.png

  • phenomlabundefined phenomlab forked this topic on
  • @cagatay and @Hari how were you able to make all those green color? Fantastic!

  • @cagatay and @Hari how were you able to make all those green color? Fantastic!

    @Sala it’s worth noting that making excessive changes chasing the holy grail of A+ for performance can actually have a negative impact on the overall experience. Because of this, I’d strongly recommend thoroughly testing each change in an incognito browser session to ensure the user experience isn’t impacted.

  • @cagatay and @Hari how were you able to make all those green color? Fantastic!

    @Sala was away from keys for a few weeks to visit TajMahal 😊

    try this! $5/ month but it is worth it.

  • @Sala was away from keys for a few weeks to visit TajMahal 😊

    try this! $5/ month but it is worth it.

    @Hari I’ve been reading a lot about APO. Looks impressive.

  • phenomlabundefined phenomlab referenced this topic on

Related Topics
  • NodeBB v4.0.0

    General nodebb sudonix version 4
    28
    4 Votes
    28 Posts
    7k Views
    @Panda said in NodeBB v4.0.0: the workings of World aren’t intuitive Its not easy to get World populating when a forum is new to it This is a good point and one I’ve considered also. It’s a little confusing to be honest.
  • Bug in Nodebb route when clicking title

    Moved Configure nodebb
    3
    2 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    Ah silly me, thanks for finding that!
  • 1 Votes
    1 Posts
    825 Views
    No one has replied
  • Sidebar Widget is no longer on the side!

    Moved Solved General nodebb
    4
    2
    2 Votes
    4 Posts
    1k Views
    @Panda said in Sidebar Widget is no longer on the side!: Ah, so sidebar wont work on mobile? Correct. If you review the docs on bootstrap, you’ll notice that it is designed on a grid system https://getbootstrap.com/docs/5.0/layout/grid/ What I mean by changing the category is moving it on here to general as you posted it in bugs, when it isn’t.
  • Issues with 2nd NodeBB installation

    Solved General
    22
    3 Votes
    22 Posts
    9k Views
    @cagatay yes, that will be fine. Just watch for potential caching conflicts as you will have two sites writing to the one instance of iframely.
  • Top Ranked Forums

    Chitchat nodebb top ranked
    9
    1
    3 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    The real issue here is that most people consider forums to be “dead” in the sense that nobody uses them anymore, and social media groups have taken their place. Their once dominant stance in the 90’s and early 00’s will never be experienced again, but having said that, there are a number of forums that did in fact survive the social media onslaught, and still enjoy a large user base. Forums tend to be niche. One that immediately sticks out is Reddit - despite looking like it was designed in the 80s, it still has an enormous user base. Another is Stack Overflow, which needs no introduction. The key to any forum is the content it offers, and the more people whom contribute in terms of posting , the more popular and widely respected it becomes as a reliable source of information. Forums are still intensely popular with gamers, alongside those that offer tips on hacking etc.
  • Nodebb as blogging platform

    General blog
    10
    5 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    @qwinter I’ve extensive experience with Ghost, so let me know if you need any help.
  • NodeBB vs Flarum for a non developer

    Solved General
    17
    10 Votes
    17 Posts
    5k Views
    @marusaky That’s really easily done. I think the docs need updating for the latest release. Did you land up on the 18.x train ?