Skip to content

Recent Cards plugin customization

Solved Customisation
21 3 10.8k 1
  • @crazycells Happy to help. That function wasn’t always there - I just finished writing it 🙂

    @phenomlab said in Recent Cards plugin customization:

    @crazycells Happy to help. That function wasn’t always there - I just finished writing it 🙂

    Thanks a lot 🙂 🙏

  • @phenomlab said in Recent Cards plugin customization:

    @crazycells Happy to help. That function wasn’t always there - I just finished writing it 🙂

    Thanks a lot 🙂 🙏

    @crazycells No problems. Feel free to comment out line

    console.log("data-cid " + dataId + " is " + color);
    

    From that function as it’s only used to ensure the script is picking up the relevant background-color from the category.

  • @crazycells No problems. Feel free to comment out line

    console.log("data-cid " + dataId + " is " + color);
    

    From that function as it’s only used to ensure the script is picking up the relevant background-color from the category.

    @phenomlab I think in dark mode, it is going back to normal. Is there an easy way to keep the same border color in dark mode as well?

  • @phenomlab I think in dark mode, it is going back to normal. Is there an easy way to keep the same border color in dark mode as well?

    @crazycells Dark mode shouldn’t have any impact - can you provide a URL where I can see this ?

  • @crazycells Dark mode shouldn’t have any impact - can you provide a URL where I can see this ?

    @phenomlab Yes, I see the issue. It’s because of lazy CSS classes meaning this below will override everything else when body.lights-out is appended to the existing CSS class.

    body.lights-out .recent-cards .recent-card-container .recent-card {
        background-color: #2E2E2E;
        border: #848484;
    }
    

    You should be able to work around that by adding this into your custom CSS

    body.lights-out .recent-cards .recent-card-container .recent-card {
        border: 1px solid #848484;
    }
    

    b1dbdcde-f723-4446-b3c8-3f4f4d6856fb-image.png

    Let me know how you get on.

  • @phenomlab Yes, I see the issue. It’s because of lazy CSS classes meaning this below will override everything else when body.lights-out is appended to the existing CSS class.

    body.lights-out .recent-cards .recent-card-container .recent-card {
        background-color: #2E2E2E;
        border: #848484;
    }
    

    You should be able to work around that by adding this into your custom CSS

    body.lights-out .recent-cards .recent-card-container .recent-card {
        border: 1px solid #848484;
    }
    

    b1dbdcde-f723-4446-b3c8-3f4f4d6856fb-image.png

    Let me know how you get on.

    @phenomlab Yes, I found the lines and fixed them 😄

    Thank you very much. Since the recent card plugin-related codes are not included in the night mode plugin; we have previously added some custom codes for recent cards… Apparently, those codes were creating the problem. Now, it is fixed 👍

  • phenomlabundefined phenomlab referenced this topic on
  • phenomlabundefined phenomlab referenced this topic on
  • hi @phenomlab , somehow recent cards are not clickable in my forum after using these codes, however, it works fine here…

    Normally, when I click a card it takes me to that topic, however, nothing happens now.

    I use this CSS:

    
    li.col-md-3.col-sm-6.col-xs-12.recent-card-container {
        width: 290px !important;
    }
    

    this JS code:

    $(document).ready(function() {
        $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
            $('.recent-card-container').each(function(i) {
                var dataId = $(this).attr("data-cid");
                var color = $('[role="presentation"]', this).css("background-color");
                console.log("data-cid " + dataId + " is " + color);
                $('[data-cid="' + dataId + '"] .recent-card').attr("style", "border-color: " + color);
            });
        });
    });
    
    $(document).ready(function() {
        $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
       var categoryColor = $('[role="presentation"].icon').css("background-color");
                    $('li.topic-owner-post:nth-child(1)').css('border-color', categoryColor);
        });
    });
    
    
    window.addEventListener("load", () => {
        // CHROME
        if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Chrome") != -1) {
            console.log("Google Chrome");
            $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
                $('.carousel-mode').bxSlider({
                    auto: false,
                    autoControls: true,
                    stopAutoOnClick: true,
                    pager: false,
                    keyboardEnabled: true,
                    touchEnabled: false
                });
            });
        } else {
            console.log("Others");
            $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
                $('.carousel-mode').bxSlider({
                    auto: false,
                    autoControls: true,
                    stopAutoOnClick: true,
                    pager: false,
                    keyboardEnabled: true,
                    touchEnabled: true
                });
            });
        }
    });
    

    and this header:

    <script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.6.0/jquery.min.js" integrity="sha512-894YE6QWD5I59HgZOGReFYm4dnWc1Qt5NtvYSaNcOP+u1T9qYdvdihz0PPSiiqn/+/3e7Jo4EaG7TubfWGUrMQ==" crossorigin="anonymous" referrerpolicy="no-referrer"></script>
    <script src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/bxslider/4.2.12/jquery.bxslider.min.js"></script>
    
  • hi @phenomlab , somehow recent cards are not clickable in my forum after using these codes, however, it works fine here…

    Normally, when I click a card it takes me to that topic, however, nothing happens now.

    I use this CSS:

    
    li.col-md-3.col-sm-6.col-xs-12.recent-card-container {
        width: 290px !important;
    }
    

    this JS code:

    $(document).ready(function() {
        $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
            $('.recent-card-container').each(function(i) {
                var dataId = $(this).attr("data-cid");
                var color = $('[role="presentation"]', this).css("background-color");
                console.log("data-cid " + dataId + " is " + color);
                $('[data-cid="' + dataId + '"] .recent-card').attr("style", "border-color: " + color);
            });
        });
    });
    
    $(document).ready(function() {
        $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
       var categoryColor = $('[role="presentation"].icon').css("background-color");
                    $('li.topic-owner-post:nth-child(1)').css('border-color', categoryColor);
        });
    });
    
    
    window.addEventListener("load", () => {
        // CHROME
        if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Chrome") != -1) {
            console.log("Google Chrome");
            $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
                $('.carousel-mode').bxSlider({
                    auto: false,
                    autoControls: true,
                    stopAutoOnClick: true,
                    pager: false,
                    keyboardEnabled: true,
                    touchEnabled: false
                });
            });
        } else {
            console.log("Others");
            $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
                $('.carousel-mode').bxSlider({
                    auto: false,
                    autoControls: true,
                    stopAutoOnClick: true,
                    pager: false,
                    keyboardEnabled: true,
                    touchEnabled: true
                });
            });
        }
    });
    

    and this header:

    <script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.6.0/jquery.min.js" integrity="sha512-894YE6QWD5I59HgZOGReFYm4dnWc1Qt5NtvYSaNcOP+u1T9qYdvdihz0PPSiiqn/+/3e7Jo4EaG7TubfWGUrMQ==" crossorigin="anonymous" referrerpolicy="no-referrer"></script>
    <script src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/bxslider/4.2.12/jquery.bxslider.min.js"></script>
    

    @crazycells Strange. Are there any errors appearing in the console at your end ? When I look at the console itself, I see

    0a1b4841-6da4-4809-958e-4636441ada61-image.png

    However, this doesn’t seem to have any impact on the recent cards - the links appear to work fine. I think this may be a caching issue at your end ?

  • @crazycells Strange. Are there any errors appearing in the console at your end ? When I look at the console itself, I see

    0a1b4841-6da4-4809-958e-4636441ada61-image.png

    However, this doesn’t seem to have any impact on the recent cards - the links appear to work fine. I think this may be a caching issue at your end ?

    @phenomlab hmm, I tried on different browsers with iPhone.

    First of all, when I delete this code:

    
    window.addEventListener("load", () => {
        // CHROME
        if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Chrome") != -1) {
            console.log("Google Chrome");
            $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
                $('.carousel-mode').bxSlider({
                    auto: false,
                    autoControls: true,
                    stopAutoOnClick: true,
                    pager: false,
                    keyboardEnabled: true,
                    touchEnabled: false
                });
            });
        } else {
            console.log("Others");
            $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
                $('.carousel-mode').bxSlider({
                    auto: false,
                    autoControls: true,
                    stopAutoOnClick: true,
                    pager: false,
                    keyboardEnabled: true,
                    touchEnabled: true
                });
            });
        }
    });
    

    then, everything is normal, cards are clickable but of course, sliding does not work.

    However, when I activate it, I could not click the cards on Safari, but it was working on Firefox. I can slide the cards on both browsers by the way.

    So, I guess like Google Chrome, Safari has its own problems with this sliding application?

  • I forgot to write… I do not see any errors on the console.

  • @phenomlab hmm, I tried on different browsers with iPhone.

    First of all, when I delete this code:

    
    window.addEventListener("load", () => {
        // CHROME
        if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Chrome") != -1) {
            console.log("Google Chrome");
            $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
                $('.carousel-mode').bxSlider({
                    auto: false,
                    autoControls: true,
                    stopAutoOnClick: true,
                    pager: false,
                    keyboardEnabled: true,
                    touchEnabled: false
                });
            });
        } else {
            console.log("Others");
            $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
                $('.carousel-mode').bxSlider({
                    auto: false,
                    autoControls: true,
                    stopAutoOnClick: true,
                    pager: false,
                    keyboardEnabled: true,
                    touchEnabled: true
                });
            });
        }
    });
    

    then, everything is normal, cards are clickable but of course, sliding does not work.

    However, when I activate it, I could not click the cards on Safari, but it was working on Firefox. I can slide the cards on both browsers by the way.

    So, I guess like Google Chrome, Safari has its own problems with this sliding application?

    @crazycells odd. Should actually work on Safari. Can you change the line under “Others” to be touchEnabled: false and see if that allows you to select the href links ?

    Obviously, save the code and reload the site before testing again.

  • @crazycells odd. Should actually work on Safari. Can you change the line under “Others” to be touchEnabled: false and see if that allows you to select the href links ?

    Obviously, save the code and reload the site before testing again.

    @phenomlab said in Recent Cards plugin customization:

    @crazycells odd. Should actually work on Safari. Can you change the line under “Others” to be touchEnabled: false and see if that allows you to select the href links ?

    Obviously, save the code and reload the site before testing again.

    with this change, in both Safari and Firefox browsers, I can click the cards and go to the topics, however sliding does not work.

  • @phenomlab said in Recent Cards plugin customization:

    @crazycells odd. Should actually work on Safari. Can you change the line under “Others” to be touchEnabled: false and see if that allows you to select the href links ?

    Obviously, save the code and reload the site before testing again.

    with this change, in both Safari and Firefox browsers, I can click the cards and go to the topics, however sliding does not work.

    @crazycells yes, unsurprising as they both use the webkit CSS rendering engine. This will be the same bug I reference earlier that affects Google Chrome. Not much that can be done sadly.

  • @pobojmoks that’s easily done by modifying the code provided here so that it targets background rather than border

    In essence, the below should work

    $(document).ready(function() {
        $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) {
            $('.recent-card-container').each(function(i) {
                var dataId = $(this).attr("data-cid");
                var color = $('[role="presentation"]', this).css("background-color");
                console.log("data-cid " + dataId + " is " + color);
                $('[data-cid="' + dataId + '"] .recent-card').attr("style", "background-color: " + color);
            });
        });
    });
    
  • phenomlabundefined phenomlab referenced this topic on

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • NodeBB recent cards customisation

    Solved Customisation nodebb recent cards
    3
    1
    2 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    @phenomlab thank you very much for the assistance Mark, massively appreciated as always. The great thing about this is it’s all documented for other NodeBB users that come looking for solutions . Looks far better .
  • Can you adjust Admin settings on your NodeBB?

    Bugs nodebb
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @Panda as, yes, now I understand and that makes 100% sense. It means those who get down voted can still have an opinion and use common services. And yes, you’re right. Rather than down vote, just ignore if you don’t agree.
  • Custom badges

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    103
    2
    49 Votes
    103 Posts
    52k Views
    Perfect
  • Fresher in Nodebb install

    General nodebb
    24
    15 Votes
    24 Posts
    11k Views
    @Hari I’ve been reading a lot about APO. Looks impressive.
  • Title on homepage of nodebb forum

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    2
    1 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    @eveh Welcome board The code you are referring to is custom written as no such functionality exists under NodeBB. However, adding the functionality is relatively trivial. Below are the required steps Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-header Add the below code to your header, and save once completed <ol id="mainbanner" class="breadcrumb"><li id="addtext">Your Title Goes Here</li></ol> Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-js and add the below code, then save $(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { // Initialise mainbanner ID, but hide it from view $('#mainbanner').hide(); var pathname = window.location.pathname; if (pathname === "/") { $("#addtext").text("Your Title"); $('#mainbanner').show(); } else {} // If we want to add a title to a sub page, uncomment the below and adjust accordingly //if (pathname === "/yourpath") { //$("#addtext").text("Your Title"); //$('#mainbanner').show(); //} }); }); Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-css and add the below CSS block .breadcrumb { right: 0; margin-right: auto; text-align: center; background: #0086c4; color: #ffffff; width: 100vw; position: relative; margin-left: -50vw; left: 50%; top: 50px; position: fixed; z-index: 1020; } Note, that you will need to adjust your CSS code to suit your own site / requirements.
  • Error install plugin

    Solved Customisation plugin nodebb
    8
    1
    1 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    @pobojmoks Not WP plugin but nodeBB but it a known bug
  • [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS

    Solved Customisation nodebb css bugfix
    258
    49 Votes
    258 Posts
    149k Views
    mark hi, Refused to apply style from ‘https://efelsefe.com/assets/customfonts/FontAwesome-6-Pro/pro/css/v4-font-face.css’ because its MIME type (‘text/plain’) is not a supported stylesheet MIME type, and strict MIME checking is enabled. I keep getting this error.
  • NodeBB Discord Plugins

    Unsolved Customisation nodebb discord plugin
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    @RiekMedia hi. Just following up on this thread (I know it’s old) but was curious to understand if it’s still an issue or not ?