Skip to content

[NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS

Solved Customisation
258 5 148.9k 3
  • @downpw Can you provide the same example with another theme ?

  • @downpw So (for example) do you want the Discard button to turn red if you you click Confirm, or am I off track here ? Not entirely sure what you’re after 🙂

  • @downpw So (for example) do you want the Discard button to turn red if you you click Confirm, or am I off track here ? Not entirely sure what you’re after 🙂

    @phenomlab Never mind already found the right CSS property would be nice 🙂

  • @phenomlab Never mind already found the right CSS property would be nice 🙂

    @downpw Do you mean this one

    button.btn.btn-default.composer-discard:focus {
        background: red;
    }
    

    Or another ?

  • @downpw Do you mean this one

    button.btn.btn-default.composer-discard:focus {
        background: red;
    }
    

    Or another ?

    @phenomlab Another I think

  • It seem to be a btn-default problem

  • It seem to be a btn-default problem

    @downpw

    yes it’s that

    alt text

    But if you have the same for Login button, I take 🙂

  • @downpw

    yes it’s that

    alt text

    But if you have the same for Login button, I take 🙂

    @downpw Think I might have it

    181be1c9-1707-4e71-bb33-5e5172c605a0-image.png

    .composer-discard:disabled {
        background: red !important;
    }
    
  • @downpw

    yes it’s that

    alt text

    But if you have the same for Login button, I take 🙂

    @downpw said in [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS:

    But if you have the same for Login button, I take

    Use this

    button#login {
        background: green;
        border: 1px solid green;
    }
    
  • @downpw Think I might have it

    181be1c9-1707-4e71-bb33-5e5172c605a0-image.png

    .composer-discard:disabled {
        background: red !important;
    }
    

    @phenomlab said in [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS:

    @downpw Think I might have it

    181be1c9-1707-4e71-bb33-5e5172c605a0-image.png

    .composer-discard:disabled {
        background: red !important;
    }
    

    That’s works too

  • @phenomlab

    Other things, I would like to change progress bar color of Windows alert like welcome message, palcement user banner etc…:

    https://i.imgur.com/DgYHHZc.gif

  • @phenomlab

    Other things, I would like to change progress bar color of Windows alert like welcome message, palcement user banner etc…:

    https://i.imgur.com/DgYHHZc.gif

    @phenomlab No idea ?

  • @downpw yes, I’ve done the same on sudonix but not in front of a pc presently. If you switch to dark mode on this platform, you’ll see the changes i made to the alert message.

  • @phenomlab

    I see how to change background color, text color, border color but not the progress bar with transition value.

    It’s too fast to see the code on console

    I see this in “element style” :

    transition: width 5450ms linear 0s, background-color 5450ms ease-in 0s;
    

    But I don’t no what to do with this

  • @phenomlab

    I see how to change background color, text color, border color but not the progress bar with transition value.

    It’s too fast to see the code on console

    I see this in “element style” :

    transition: width 5450ms linear 0s, background-color 5450ms ease-in 0s;
    

    But I don’t no what to do with this

    @downpw Seems like it’s contained in this block

    62ca02ad-f55a-42bb-84b5-0d38b3d765a8-image.png

    <div id="alert_button_1643376464937" class="alert alert-dismissable alert-success clearfix animate" component="toaster/toast" timeoutid="172" style="transition: width 5450ms linear 0s, background-color 5450ms ease-in 0s;">
    	<button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="alert" aria-hidden="true">×</button>
    	<strong>Welcome Back  phenomlab!</strong>
    	<p>You have successfully logged in</p>	
    </div>
    

    For info, you can actually pause the execution of Javascript as follows

    1. Open Developer tools, Go to Sources tab and keep it ready

    2. Now, go back and perform the actions on the App to get it to the state where it needs to be frozen.

    3. Click on the ‘Pause Script Execution’ button (first button in the list of buttons on the right corner of Sources tab) to pause the page.

    This will force the debugger to pause the execution, meaning you’ll see the below

    41402efc-4993-401d-af1a-9f5a21d06057-image.png

    This will then allow you to expose the elements you need 🙂

  • @downpw Seems like it’s contained in this block

    62ca02ad-f55a-42bb-84b5-0d38b3d765a8-image.png

    <div id="alert_button_1643376464937" class="alert alert-dismissable alert-success clearfix animate" component="toaster/toast" timeoutid="172" style="transition: width 5450ms linear 0s, background-color 5450ms ease-in 0s;">
    	<button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="alert" aria-hidden="true">×</button>
    	<strong>Welcome Back  phenomlab!</strong>
    	<p>You have successfully logged in</p>	
    </div>
    

    For info, you can actually pause the execution of Javascript as follows

    1. Open Developer tools, Go to Sources tab and keep it ready

    2. Now, go back and perform the actions on the App to get it to the state where it needs to be frozen.

    3. Click on the ‘Pause Script Execution’ button (first button in the list of buttons on the right corner of Sources tab) to pause the page.

    This will force the debugger to pause the execution, meaning you’ll see the below

    41402efc-4993-401d-af1a-9f5a21d06057-image.png

    This will then allow you to expose the elements you need 🙂

    @phenomlab

    Yeah I test that and I find and modify these code :

    .alert-window .alert {
    
        background-color: black;
        color: aqua;
    }
    
    .alert-window .alert.alert-success {
        color: aqua;
        border-color: aqua;
    }
    
    .alert-window .alert.animate.alert-success::before {
        background-color: red !important;
    }
    
    .alert-window .alert.animate::before {
        width: calc(100% + 50px);
    }
    

    For example, what i want here are just have animate progress bar on red but doesn’t work, she’s black.

    I close the topic on nodebb communauty. no one respond

  • @phenomlab

    Yeah I test that and I find and modify these code :

    .alert-window .alert {
    
        background-color: black;
        color: aqua;
    }
    
    .alert-window .alert.alert-success {
        color: aqua;
        border-color: aqua;
    }
    
    .alert-window .alert.animate.alert-success::before {
        background-color: red !important;
    }
    
    .alert-window .alert.animate::before {
        width: calc(100% + 50px);
    }
    

    For example, what i want here are just have animate progress bar on red but doesn’t work, she’s black.

    I close the topic on nodebb communauty. no one respond

    @downpw said in [NODEBB] Help for my custom CSS:

    no one respond
    Only me 😄

    I’ll have a look this weekend to see if I can identify the js class but I do think this is based off another CSS value and an alpha rgba used as an overlay.

  • @phenomlab

    .alert-window .alert.animate.alert-success::before {
        background-color: red !important;
    }
    

    I have test with white background and It seems to work.
    But the red come at the middle/end (maybe a settings CSS transition) :

    alt text

    But with black background, the red is here (we see it at the end) we see nothing at all.

    Seems the background overall the animate effect :

    alt text

  • @phenomlab

    .alert-window .alert.animate.alert-success::before {
        background-color: red !important;
    }
    

    I have test with white background and It seems to work.
    But the red come at the middle/end (maybe a settings CSS transition) :

    alt text

    But with black background, the red is here (we see it at the end) we see nothing at all.

    Seems the background overall the animate effect :

    alt text

    @downpw I’ve a feeling this night be related to z-index. Try setting with a high value, as this will force the animation to the front.

  • possible to delete border radius at the bottom left and right ?

    9355af8d-d9bf-40d6-abeb-84bc4e95387e-image.png

    Just border radius at the top of the first div and at the last Div bottom ?
    I would like a entirely bloc with four border radius

    Possible ?
    I play with .categories>li, .category>ul>li but it’s not what I want

    I would like to move chat bubbles and WYSIWYG at the left bottom if it’s possible, I tetst with this bit it’s not perfect :

    .taskbar .navbar-nav {
        padding-right: 1840px;
        padding-bottom: 15px;
        position: relative;
        bottom: 25px !important;
    }
    

    Thanks for your help in advance Mark 🙂


Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • Composer Zen icon?

    Solved Configure nodebb
    8
    1
    2 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    @DownPW exactly. Not really a new concept, and in all honesty, not something I’ve ever used. If you consider the need to add links and references, or citations, you’d need to be able to see other parts of the screen!
  • Title on homepage of nodebb forum

    Solved Customisation nodebb
    2
    1 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    @eveh Welcome board The code you are referring to is custom written as no such functionality exists under NodeBB. However, adding the functionality is relatively trivial. Below are the required steps Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-header Add the below code to your header, and save once completed <ol id="mainbanner" class="breadcrumb"><li id="addtext">Your Title Goes Here</li></ol> Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-js and add the below code, then save $(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { // Initialise mainbanner ID, but hide it from view $('#mainbanner').hide(); var pathname = window.location.pathname; if (pathname === "/") { $("#addtext").text("Your Title"); $('#mainbanner').show(); } else {} // If we want to add a title to a sub page, uncomment the below and adjust accordingly //if (pathname === "/yourpath") { //$("#addtext").text("Your Title"); //$('#mainbanner').show(); //} }); }); Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-css and add the below CSS block .breadcrumb { right: 0; margin-right: auto; text-align: center; background: #0086c4; color: #ffffff; width: 100vw; position: relative; margin-left: -50vw; left: 50%; top: 50px; position: fixed; z-index: 1020; } Note, that you will need to adjust your CSS code to suit your own site / requirements.
  • 9 Votes
    32 Posts
    14k Views
    @DownPW said in Bottom footer navbar button extend: Oh my god, it’s beautiful mark I liked this design so much, I’ve implemented it here. I intend to do a lot more with the footer in due course, so hiding it makes a lot of sense. Thanks @DownPW for the idea and initial concept
  • Error install plugin

    Solved Customisation plugin nodebb
    8
    1
    1 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    @pobojmoks Not WP plugin but nodeBB but it a known bug
  • [NODEBB] CSS Style Sheets SelectBox

    Locked Solved Customisation css
    112
    24 Votes
    112 Posts
    58k Views
    @DownPW as discussed in PM Seems to have been solved with the new JS code that you added allowing the version CSS file change!! Cache problem therefore with the JS of the Switcher theme Based on this, I will close this thread and reference https://sudonix.com/topic/207/nodebb-help-for-my-custom-css/27
  • nodebb-plugin-customize error

    Solved Customisation
    25
    2 Votes
    25 Posts
    15k Views
    @phenomlab it work, thanks
  • CSS Help on my Flarum

    Solved Customisation
    5
    2
    2 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    @mike-jones Yes, you’ll typically see this type of behaviour if there is another style that has higher priority in the sense that yours will be overridden. Using !important will override the higher preference, but should be used sparingly rather than everywhere.
  • [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing

    Solved Customisation
    6
    1 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    @jac said in [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing: @phenomlab said in [NodeBB] custom Gravatar image not showing: @jac are you using Custom ? Sure am mate Confirmed Fixed