Skip to content

move out from flarum to wordpress

WordPress
87 5 41.2k 2
  • the reason we did not go for buddy boss is it has these weird slugs

    https://www.buddyboss.com/support-forums/topic/group-members-are-not-being-displayed/
    

    what we wanted is

    domain.com/forum/this-is-my-question
    

    we never wanted subpages like

    domain.comforum/this-is-my-question/topic/nature/this-is-my-question/10
    

    default WordPress comment link is acceptable for example

    domain.comforum/this-is-my-question#10
    

    of course, this is not suitable for large threads but I make sure to close any discussion under 10 comments so there will be no need for pagination or lazy loading.

    CloudWays+Cloudflare enterprise will help me to achieve after load speeds + Redis for WordPress will handle the extra load.

    are you building a WordPress block theme? if that is the case it would be easy to use with a regular WordPress theme without diving into buddy press

    @Hari thanks for the scrool indicator codepen i was looking for that one 😄
    I couldn’t find it I will add this on posts for sure.

    edit: 😪 scroll not realtime it is calculating coordinates when you stop scrolling. sadge…

    it is simple Wordpress theme I am cutting lots of features because we don’t need it and ofc you can add plugins later.

    here is the forum https://atarikafa.com/toplulukk/
    ( it will move here soon https://atarikafa.com/topluluk/ )

    for the permalink you can make any permalink you want because it is main posts and categories and everything will work no SEO problem. for my case only users u/user links will change to members/user I will just make a 301 on htacsess for this.

    I tried wpdisqus and similar ones but I wanted to focus on theme design first. i am making the theme simple so it supports any plugin. i may even upload this to wp.org if I make the time for it 😄

    only ajax posting/topic starting feature missing
    but here is the first commit for you 😉
    https://github.com/sinanisler/SiForum

  • @Hari thanks for the scrool indicator codepen i was looking for that one 😄
    I couldn’t find it I will add this on posts for sure.

    edit: 😪 scroll not realtime it is calculating coordinates when you stop scrolling. sadge…

    it is simple Wordpress theme I am cutting lots of features because we don’t need it and ofc you can add plugins later.

    here is the forum https://atarikafa.com/toplulukk/
    ( it will move here soon https://atarikafa.com/topluluk/ )

    for the permalink you can make any permalink you want because it is main posts and categories and everything will work no SEO problem. for my case only users u/user links will change to members/user I will just make a 301 on htacsess for this.

    I tried wpdisqus and similar ones but I wanted to focus on theme design first. i am making the theme simple so it supports any plugin. i may even upload this to wp.org if I make the time for it 😄

    only ajax posting/topic starting feature missing
    but here is the first commit for you 😉
    https://github.com/sinanisler/SiForum

    @sinanisler looks nice, but needs some work from the mobile perspective

    Screenshot_2022-04-30-12-38-03-38_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg

  • @sinanisler looks nice, but needs some work from the mobile perspective

    Screenshot_2022-04-30-12-38-03-38_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg

    @phenomlab how small display is your phone 😂😂😂

    I checked mobile too 🤣

    edit: oh you are using larger text setting that’s why ok ok got it…

  • @phenomlab how small display is your phone 😂😂😂

    I checked mobile too 🤣

    edit: oh you are using larger text setting that’s why ok ok got it…

    @sinanisler it’s not small 😁 It’s a OnePlus 9 Pro. Did you use an emulator for testing, as these are known to not be very accurate. I get the same from my iPhone 13 Pro (work) also.

  • @sinanisler it’s not small 😁 It’s a OnePlus 9 Pro. Did you use an emulator for testing, as these are known to not be very accurate. I get the same from my iPhone 13 Pro (work) also.

    @phenomlab easy fix i may need to make those tags relative and move a bit.

  • @phenomlab easy fix i may need to make those tags relative and move a bit.

    @sinanisler yes, looks like you’ve used position: absolute; for the tags

  • i could not find good scrool indicator codepen or jsfiddle pfff
    anyone know a lib or something like flarum or Discourse scroll indicator ?

    f023a30e-782c-4244-9c87-442e8954e2f2-image.png

  • i could not find good scrool indicator codepen or jsfiddle pfff
    anyone know a lib or something like flarum or Discourse scroll indicator ?

    f023a30e-782c-4244-9c87-442e8954e2f2-image.png

    @sinanisler if you look carefully, you’ll see sudonix has one used on this site. More a reading indicator, but not difficult to adapt.

  • @sinanisler if you look carefully, you’ll see sudonix has one used on this site. More a reading indicator, but not difficult to adapt.

    @phenomlab yep
    do you have simplified codepen for it ?

  • @phenomlab yep
    do you have simplified codepen for it ?

  • i could not find good scrool indicator codepen or jsfiddle pfff
    anyone know a lib or something like flarum or Discourse scroll indicator ?

    f023a30e-782c-4244-9c87-442e8954e2f2-image.png

    @sinanisler forget about indicator my friend worked on it i will share the files. I have migrated halfway and did not connect DB. I will do it tomorrow since it’s weekend i felt bit lazy to do it. 🙂

    What friend did is, he will not relay on comments / answers count he will just assume page as certain length like 100% if page is scrolled to half he will display as 10th post out of 20 posts. (Not sure how it’s codeed.

    Thanks for sharing the link, i will go through it and will let you know my feedback.

    Tags alignment issue is there on opera mobile Mi A2 device

  • @Hari thanks for the scrool indicator codepen i was looking for that one 😄
    I couldn’t find it I will add this on posts for sure.

    edit: 😪 scroll not realtime it is calculating coordinates when you stop scrolling. sadge…

    it is simple Wordpress theme I am cutting lots of features because we don’t need it and ofc you can add plugins later.

    here is the forum https://atarikafa.com/toplulukk/
    ( it will move here soon https://atarikafa.com/topluluk/ )

    for the permalink you can make any permalink you want because it is main posts and categories and everything will work no SEO problem. for my case only users u/user links will change to members/user I will just make a 301 on htacsess for this.

    I tried wpdisqus and similar ones but I wanted to focus on theme design first. i am making the theme simple so it supports any plugin. i may even upload this to wp.org if I make the time for it 😄

    only ajax posting/topic starting feature missing
    but here is the first commit for you 😉
    https://github.com/sinanisler/SiForum

    @sinanisler one quick question, in buddy press all the replies are WordPress comments or individual posts?

  • c3b10231-aa2c-42c7-b910-d963c6c11e16-image.png

    199fd2c5-5b2e-419d-b8bf-49ffb29870c5-image.png

    ad1e438a-7c78-44bc-9008-d3b1f6681494-image.png

    aedec325-7c56-4600-8f2f-f4ce04799128-image.png

    fdac5027-8dfb-42cf-bc70-098f0af57c8a-image.png

    a8ad07eb-27e1-4f5e-ac4b-c6aa650a9217-image.png

    gtmetrix.com/reports/123forum.tk/Meltdvxl/
    

    lightbox for images

    fully restored. now in maintenance mod for various privacy reasons.

    i will DM you both the logins

  • shared logins via Private message

    do you think we can fix speed issues in this theme? or can we make a new theme using the code?

  • shared logins via Private message

    do you think we can fix speed issues in this theme? or can we make a new theme using the code?

    @Hari I don’t think the speed issues are because of the theme, but would need to see the code to be sure. There’s likely to be several things we can do to improve performance.

    However, the site is extremely slow

  • @Hari I don’t think the speed issues are because of the theme, but would need to see the code to be sure. There’s likely to be several things we can do to improve performance.

    However, the site is extremely slow

    @phenomlab sure, this theme was developed by freshers, making a new theme using the code of this theme would be a nice idea.

    maybe its loading slowly because they hardcoded the existing plugins or added more rules in the core to functions.php

    either we can speed this theme or we can take code from this theme to the SiForum

    do you want the entire backup or just the wp-admin logins to look into this?

  • @phenomlab sure, this theme was developed by freshers, making a new theme using the code of this theme would be a nice idea.

    maybe its loading slowly because they hardcoded the existing plugins or added more rules in the core to functions.php

    either we can speed this theme or we can take code from this theme to the SiForum

    do you want the entire backup or just the wp-admin logins to look into this?

    @Hari if the site isn’t live yet, just an admin login is sufficient.

  • @sinanisler one quick question, in buddy press all the replies are WordPress comments or individual posts?

    @Hari my theme can work without buddypress. every post is a post and replies are comments.

    your theme crazy good btw 😂😂

  • @Hari if the site isn’t live yet, just an admin login is sufficient.

    @phenomlab it is live, i will change the same admin2 user to admin role

    @sinanisler that is a good news, wpdiscuz has these features like live commenting, reputation reward system and front end moderation like flarum. These are premium plugins are integrating into them few plugins are modified we should not update or redistribute them.

    Wpdiscuz is free and all add-ons are premium.

    Did you check the indicator is it working as expected?

  • @phenomlab it is live, i will change the same admin2 user to admin role

    @sinanisler that is a good news, wpdiscuz has these features like live commenting, reputation reward system and front end moderation like flarum. These are premium plugins are integrating into them few plugins are modified we should not update or redistribute them.

    Wpdiscuz is free and all add-ons are premium.

    Did you check the indicator is it working as expected?

    @Hari let me know when the admin role is available, and the URL of its not the default WordPress one.

    One thing that’s worth noting here is that Flarum has trademarks and intellectual property, and with the theme you have looking almost like a replica, this may cause issues with copyright infringement.


Related Topics
  • configure ghost and wordpress combo

    Moved Solved WordPress ghost wordpress nginx
    9
    7 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    @Madchatthew I’d always post for the reasons I stated above. It’s useful information and could save someone else the headache.
  • How to fix no img attribute from this code

    Solved WordPress wordpress
    7
    1 Votes
    7 Posts
    2k Views
    Yes, I am aware that if users are given the option to enter alt text, some may do so in an abusive manner. For the time being, we’ve adjusted the php script to generate the alt automatically, thus there are no longer any SEO problem with alt images.
  • How to position ads responsively

    Solved WordPress wordpress
    13
    3 Votes
    13 Posts
    4k Views
    @phenomlab yes that’s the problem with these J’s, I will try my best , If I find something better I will share. Thanks
  • moving flarum from sub directory to subdomain

    Solved Configure flarum
    15
    2 Votes
    15 Posts
    4k Views
    @phenomlab yes, created different app and moved files and DB now everything is working thanks
  • 1 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @hari the cache level for woocommerce should always be bypass. Any caching of woocommerce will cause you serious issues and will result in the checkout process not functioning correctly. This does mean that the overall experience will be slower (depending on geographic location) although CF is known to cause significant issues hence the need to bypass. If you want to cache as much as possible, then set rules to bypass caching on the cart and account pages etc.
  • Flarum

    General flarum
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @jac said in Flarum: @phenomlab said in Flarum: @jac yes, but they are lacking severely in the sense that they still do not have a functional GDPR extension. In addition, Flarum uses PHP as it’s backend infrastructure meaning it’s going to be so much slower than NodeBB will ever be. Absolutely, I hope Node up their game . Certainly plugin wise anyway
  • WordPress installation

    WordPress wordpress
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @phenomlab said in WordPress installation: @jac that plugin is for single sign on between WordPress and NodeBB. The plugin you really need is this Brilliant, that does look good!
  • WordPress & NodeBB

    Solved WordPress
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    @jac That won’t matter. You just redirect at nginx or apache level and it’ll work. The generally accepted standard though is to use a subdomain.