Skip to content

Podcasts, freemium, and premium services

Chitchat

Related Topics
  • Global IT outage

Chitchat
    24 Votes
    31 Posts

@phenomlab I was. I was one of the ones they gave access to, to help fix the computers and get them back up and running. It was fun running around the floor again fixing computers. Reminded me of my IT days haha

• Hi phenomlab 🙂

Chitchat
    4 Votes
    4 Posts

@My-Account do you mean

https://hostrisk.com

That’s still running, and is a news aggregation site. You can’t login or register there though.

• Proton launch password manager

Chitchat
    18 Votes
    27 Posts

@phenomlab said in Proton launch password manager:

will charge for it no matter if you have the full-blown package like I have. If they offered a discount or another incentive, I may well have taken a different view, but to me, it just seems like easy revenue.

Much like Surfshark do, they are owned by the same company now and you can tell, there’s always something extra cropping up like dedicated IPs, loads of discounts thrown your way which is fair enough but I don’t think you should have to them thrown at you constantly 😃.

Fortunately Proton have kept things simple and have all products under one roof should you buy the right package.

• Want to use Sudonix themes ?

Chitchat
    31 Votes
    57 Posts
    2k Views

@cagatay yes, but I’d reiterate the concerns I’ve raised above in the sense that it may impact the flow of other elements.

Essentially, this is fm going to be a relatively simple CSS change.

• Which Browser The Best!

Chitchat
    13 Votes
    33 Posts
    2k Views

@DownPW yes, sorry.

• Netflix hints at password sharing crackdown

Chitchat
    17 Votes
    21 Posts
    1k Views

@crazycells said in Netflix hints at password sharing crackdown:

We love laws, and would pay if we want to watch movies.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head here - particularly around the point re: privacy. I expect that other people are willing to abide by the laws also, but it’s very easy to see how rising prices will simply fuel the pirate industry even further. Nobody likes to be “ripped off” or “held to ransom”, and there are always going to be those who would rather not pay at all and put up with a poor video image taken in the cinema with someone’s head bobbing up and down, or overhearing someone complain they asked for an ice cream but got a donut… 🙂

The rising costs of viewing material is what is in essence the fuel for the piracy market - not just viewing either - it used to be the case (before digital downloads of music tracks) that people were pirating CD’s because of the cost. With the onset of online music stores, that’s probably a thing of the past - I can’t recall overhearing anyone saying they spend all of their free time searching for mp3’s etc recently, unless I’m out of touch, but the film industry is encouraging piracy with the spiralling costs of attending the cinema etc - not to mention being robbed in broad daylight if you want refreshments.

• 5 Votes
    6 Posts

@DownPW Yes, data protection in the USA is lacklustre to say the least.

• Member chat

Moved Chitchat
    5 Votes
    11 Posts

@phenomlab sure has, keep up the good work!