Skip to content

Flarum - WordPress Journey

WordPress
59 2 20.3k 1
  • @phenomlab I knew you would love this, security part. 🥳 I’ve forwarded to you a test user.

    @Sala It the BBCodes show on a new topic as below

    4440ddfa-bcdc-415c-820a-4abe1c5e5b39-image.png

    On response to a question, the same DIV is there but not populated

    4f73ccb0-8991-49c1-8be2-a580a3f3732d-image.png

    This is almost certainly a CORS issue, but I’ll need to see the headers you’ve applied to comment further, or make suggestions.

  • @Sala It the BBCodes show on a new topic as below

    4440ddfa-bcdc-415c-820a-4abe1c5e5b39-image.png

    On response to a question, the same DIV is there but not populated

    4f73ccb0-8991-49c1-8be2-a580a3f3732d-image.png

    This is almost certainly a CORS issue, but I’ll need to see the headers you’ve applied to comment further, or make suggestions.

    @phenomlab this one is going to be hard, I put it on pause

  • @phenomlab this one is going to be hard, I put it on pause

    @Sala not sure what you mean? I need the headers you specified in your .htaccess file (I’m assuming Apache here).

  • @Sala not sure what you mean? I need the headers you specified in your .htaccess file (I’m assuming Apache here).

    @phenomlab I have forwarded to you the headers found in htaccess

  • @phenomlab I have forwarded to you the headers found in htaccess

    @Sala thanks. I’ve checked the headers and again and I can’t see anything in the specific code I provided that would cause the bbcode to not display.

    Does it work if you remove all the headers? If this is the case, my recommendation would be to enable them one by one and find out which one actually causes the issue. Once we know which one it is, we can then modify it to allow the display of bbcode.

    It just seems odd to me that everything works fine on a new post, but not on reply. This would tell me they it’s not the headers, but I could be wrong. You may want to try disabling wp-rocket to see if that resolves the issue rather than removing the headers.

  • @Sala thanks. I’ve checked the headers and again and I can’t see anything in the specific code I provided that would cause the bbcode to not display.

    Does it work if you remove all the headers? If this is the case, my recommendation would be to enable them one by one and find out which one actually causes the issue. Once we know which one it is, we can then modify it to allow the display of bbcode.

    It just seems odd to me that everything works fine on a new post, but not on reply. This would tell me they it’s not the headers, but I could be wrong. You may want to try disabling wp-rocket to see if that resolves the issue rather than removing the headers.

    @phenomlab yesterday I fix 2 bugs on just at the time you needed an answer for the headers, I immediately knew this one needed a test of one by one bcoz it could be the Defer for Js .

  • @phenomlab yesterday I fix 2 bugs on just at the time you needed an answer for the headers, I immediately knew this one needed a test of one by one bcoz it could be the Defer for Js .

    @Sala yes, deferring JS can have a negative effect on functionality. For speed reasons, you typically place JS in the footer rather than the header, but this then means it’s not executed in time and in the DOM when needed.

    Another potentially damaging feature is minifying JS to reduce it’s size. Whilst wp-rocket offers several mechanisms to make the site load faster, you’d need to test each one of these settings to ensure it doesn’t negatively impact the site.

  • @Sala yes, deferring JS can have a negative effect on functionality. For speed reasons, you typically place JS in the footer rather than the header, but this then means it’s not executed in time and in the DOM when needed.

    Another potentially damaging feature is minifying JS to reduce it’s size. Whilst wp-rocket offers several mechanisms to make the site load faster, you’d need to test each one of these settings to ensure it doesn’t negatively impact the site.

    @phenomlab Hurray!
    We have found the line that blocked the icons, it was this one:-

    Header set Permissions-Policy "geolocation=(),midi=(),sync-xhr=(),microphone=(),camera=(),magnetometer=(),gyroscope=(),fullscreen=(self),payment=()" 
    

    Now it’s your part to come up with another config line 🙏

  • @phenomlab Hurray!
    We have found the line that blocked the icons, it was this one:-

    Header set Permissions-Policy "geolocation=(),midi=(),sync-xhr=(),microphone=(),camera=(),magnetometer=(),gyroscope=(),fullscreen=(self),payment=()" 
    

    Now it’s your part to come up with another config line 🙏

    It’s solved
    Demoted the above line and re- modified the

    Header set Feature-Policy "geolocation 'self' https://sopriza.com/" 
    

    To

    Permissions-Policy: geolocation=(self "https://sopriza.com") 
    

    A+

  • It’s solved
    Demoted the above line and re- modified the

    Header set Feature-Policy "geolocation 'self' https://sopriza.com/" 
    

    To

    Permissions-Policy: geolocation=(self "https://sopriza.com") 
    

    A+

    @Sala yes, that will resolve the status rating, but that header doesn’t have any impact against JS loading.

    Very odd.

  • @Sala yes, that will resolve the status rating, but that header doesn’t have any impact against JS loading.

    Very odd.

    @phenomlab I’ll be happy if you can help me with the Js link which was causing that, i will be able to exclude it and stop any future problems

  • @phenomlab I’ll be happy if you can help me with the Js link which was causing that, i will be able to exclude it and stop any future problems

    @Sala Sorry - which JS link ?

  • @Sala Sorry - which JS link ?

    @phenomlab the one which enables the bbcode icons to populate

  • @phenomlab the one which enables the bbcode icons to populate

    @Sala I will likely need admin access to your site for this.


Related Topics
  • WordPress and NodeBB on different machines

    Solved WordPress
    10
    2 Votes
    10 Posts
    3k Views
    @phenomlab thank you for information.
  • Flarum SEO is worst and i still want to use it 😭

    General flarum
    15
    6 Votes
    15 Posts
    5k Views
    @Hari said in Flarum SEO is worst and i still want to use it : Flarum is coded in such a way where it tells spiders not to crawl any internal links by adding nofollow tag. How stupid this is Yes, I agree this doesn’t make any sense. If you compare to WordPress, then (via a plugin of course) you can set the attribute as you wish. It doesn’t make any sense to take a blanket approach. I guess I unerstand why they are doing this, but it’s not an optimum SEO methodology. @Hari said in Flarum SEO is worst and i still want to use it : For few minutes i thought i should register a domain called flarumSEOsucks.com They’d probably sue you for using the Flarum name in a URL
  • WordPress site

    General wordpress
    118
    10 Votes
    118 Posts
    53k Views
    @jac said in WordPress site: It’s Wordpress OUT, and Ghost IN it seems! *preference based . Even County’s site uses Wordpress . Although that does serve it’s purpose.
  • moving flarum from sub directory to subdomain

    Solved Configure flarum
    15
    2 Votes
    15 Posts
    4k Views
    @phenomlab yes, created different app and moved files and DB now everything is working thanks
  • move out from flarum to wordpress

    WordPress wordpress flarum migration
    87
    52 Votes
    87 Posts
    41k Views
    @Hari Glad to see this went so well, and that you’ve finally departed the Flarum ecosystem
  • 1 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    @hari the cache level for woocommerce should always be bypass. Any caching of woocommerce will cause you serious issues and will result in the checkout process not functioning correctly. This does mean that the overall experience will be slower (depending on geographic location) although CF is known to cause significant issues hence the need to bypass. If you want to cache as much as possible, then set rules to bypass caching on the cart and account pages etc.
  • 1 Votes
    13 Posts
    4k Views
    @phenomlab said in Hardening WordPress - Reducing the attack vector: @jac Microsoft’s and Google’s Authenticator both support TOTP - essentially, a time based system that changes every 30 seconds. The main principle here is that the device itself carrying the One Time Passcode only needs to be in sync with the source server in terms of time, and can be completely offline with no internet access. Provided the time matches on both devices, the One Time Passcode will be accepted. Applications such as Microsoft Authenticator and Authy also support push notification meaning you just choose either yes or no on your device when prompted, and then that response is sent back to the origin which then determines if access is granted or not. One of the best looking password less authentication models was CLEF - sadly, this product died out due to a lack of funding (if I recall correctly) although some open source implementations of this have appeared quite recently. Essentially, both products will achieve the same goal. TOTP is an industry standard, and widely accepted across the board. Not all services offer push confirmation. Many thanks for the detailed reply mate. There’s some great advice in there that will help me secure my accounts.
  • Flarum

    General flarum
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @jac said in Flarum: @phenomlab said in Flarum: @jac yes, but they are lacking severely in the sense that they still do not have a functional GDPR extension. In addition, Flarum uses PHP as it’s backend infrastructure meaning it’s going to be so much slower than NodeBB will ever be. Absolutely, I hope Node up their game . Certainly plugin wise anyway