Skip to content

NodeBB vs Flarum for a non developer

Solved General
17 2 5.3k 1

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Support 💗 Sudonix with a coffee ☕
If your organisation needs deeper expertise around infrastructure, security, or technology leadership, learn more about Phenomlab Ltd. Many of the deeper technical guides behind Sudonix are published there.

Related Topics
  • Modify the tagging behavior in NodeBB

    Locked General tagging harmony
    11
    3 Votes
    11 Posts
    3k Views
    For anyone else following this thread https://community.nodebb.org/topic/17402/change-in-reply-to-xxxx-text And https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/commit/f2152953cddd3247746ef393516b0a53ba7750a4
  • Fresher in Nodebb install

    General nodebb
    24
    15 Votes
    24 Posts
    11k Views
    @Hari I’ve been reading a lot about APO. Looks impressive.
  • Nodebb as blogging platform

    General blog
    10
    5 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    @qwinter I’ve extensive experience with Ghost, so let me know if you need any help.
  • Flarum SEO is worst and i still want to use it 😭

    General flarum
    15
    6 Votes
    15 Posts
    5k Views
    @Hari said in Flarum SEO is worst and i still want to use it : Flarum is coded in such a way where it tells spiders not to crawl any internal links by adding nofollow tag. How stupid this is Yes, I agree this doesn’t make any sense. If you compare to WordPress, then (via a plugin of course) you can set the attribute as you wish. It doesn’t make any sense to take a blanket approach. I guess I unerstand why they are doing this, but it’s not an optimum SEO methodology. @Hari said in Flarum SEO is worst and i still want to use it : For few minutes i thought i should register a domain called flarumSEOsucks.com They’d probably sue you for using the Flarum name in a URL
  • 2 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @qwinter it’s workable I think, but not perfect - then again, unless you write a specific plugin to perform such a task, what is. As you pointed out, you have versioning of sorts with the historical access to reach post.
  • NodeBB Blog Comments

    General nodebb blog
    3
    1 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    @kurulumu-net Not specifically, but you should review this post from the very large thread as it will save you a lot of time. There’s significant customisation on the Ghost side of things, but not in NodeBB https://community.nodebb.org/post/86022
  • Flarum

    General flarum
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    @jac said in Flarum: @phenomlab said in Flarum: @jac yes, but they are lacking severely in the sense that they still do not have a functional GDPR extension. In addition, Flarum uses PHP as it’s backend infrastructure meaning it’s going to be so much slower than NodeBB will ever be. Absolutely, I hope Node up their game . Certainly plugin wise anyway
  • Nodebb Hashtag plugin

    Solved General
    15
    1 Votes
    15 Posts
    5k Views
    @jac Great ! I’ll close this off.