Skip to content

Why CSS acts different in Desktop?

Bugs

• Nodebb icon on google page

Solved Customisation
    4 Votes
    9 Posts

@Panda It’s been raised multiple times, but only for the open source version, and not hosted.

• 2 Votes
    2 Posts

@dave1904 that’s a really good point actually. I know it was there previously on Persona, but you’re right - no such function exists on harmony.

However, putting something in place to mimick the behaviour of Persona won’t be hard from the js standpoint, although I wonder if perhaps we should ask the NodeBB developers is this feature was overlooked?

• NodeBB v3

Announcements
    3 Votes
    2 Posts

@cagatay JS will work fine - no changes there, and there are no plans to drop support for jQuery. More of an issue is the CSS - for which there are quite a few breaking changes. Keep an eye on sudonix.dev (my development site) where you can see progress in relation to how I am tackling the compatibility issues.

• 3 Votes
    9 Posts

The real issue here is that most people consider forums to be “dead” in the sense that nobody uses them anymore, and social media groups have taken their place. Their once dominant stance in the 90’s and early 00’s will never be experienced again, but having said that, there are a number of forums that did in fact survive the social media onslaught, and still enjoy a large user base.

Forums tend to be niche. One that immediately sticks out is Reddit - despite looking like it was designed in the 80s, it still has an enormous user base. Another is Stack Overflow, which needs no introduction. The key to any forum is the content it offers, and the more people whom contribute in terms of posting , the more popular and widely respected it becomes as a reliable source of information.

Forums are still intensely popular with gamers, alongside those that offer tips on hacking etc.

• Post Style View

Solved Customisation
    18 Votes
    67 Posts
    5k Views

@cagatay

Just add margin-left on the element like @phenomlab said to you :

topic [component="post/parent"] { margin-left: 10px; }

aa08c62b-4223-4cba-8c0f-c73d50474c0d-image.png

Maybe @phenomlab have a better way

• Error install plugin

Solved Customisation
    1 Votes
    8 Posts

@pobojmoks

Not WP plugin but nodeBB but it a known bug

• 3 Votes
    3 Posts

@phenomlab thanks a lot, this combination works best 👍

.posts-list .posts-list-item .content { overflow: auto; max-height: 600px; }
  • [NODEBB] Welcome Message

Solved Customisation
    13 Votes
    18 Posts
    2k Views

For anyone reviewing this post, there’s an updated version here that also includes an sunrise / sun / moon icon depending on the time of day

https://sudonix.com/topic/233/nodebb-welcome-message-with-logo-footer-change/3?_=1645445273209